Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
This definitely needs some UX love because it really is a hodge-podge of different stats and crafting systems that is kind of cool but at the same time either features very slow interfaces (collection screen), or is really hard to decipher when there are no tooltips for the ingredient icons (at least on in-mission inventory). Things could be a little smoother if they gave characters a selective Keen Eye to help highlight good sources specific ingredients.

There really needs to be a merge between the in-game inventory and the out of game Armory. Like, being what you've currently got equipped and being able to craft bullets or maybe do some resource conversion to have a bullet farm going on the side or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
I feel like the building tutorial stuff should've ramped up to the "build this radar tower" experience quicker. With the "build limit" goal it basically has me making nothing except short walls only when I exactly know where the pathing choke points are going to be. The build system itself is really good but rewarding "not building" hamstrings it. Let me blueprint out some rad towers or minefields from the home screen if I want, and then fill in the blanks building it during a mission. Or just give me a 2d notepad so I can make my own schematics without risking resources or play bonuses.

Also - and maybe this is because I only play w/ pubs but coordination really stinks. It just seems like everyone pops into a map, does random stuff for a random amount of time and then hopefully everyone clumps up once the objective is active.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
$40+ to join the early release, with F2P happening in January. I bought Deluxe and kind of wish I'd just gotten the standard - Deluxe gives you "more stuff" but not enough that it's really a game changer or anything.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Building is fun - learning to re-route zombies is more fun.

Having pubbies freak out when you build a sandwich wall and start demolishing it is p annoying.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
If you're building a murder hallway next to a house, try turning it into a pit and just wall launching zombies into it - if there's no escape they just despawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
I don't mind 45m of dinking around looting building rooftops - but Shield Defense missions are my bane because there's like zero chance you can get automatic help. Make them soloable w/ defenders and decent base planning ok :/

• Locked thread