Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Game is a complete mess of locked up stats behind level walls and hilariously complicated and obscure leveling and loot system.

Honestly if they just simplified and calmed the the gently caress down with all this weird added on poo poo , they'd have a fun game. It's too bad they didn't put that OCD focus on more than 4 enemy designs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
I mean, overall it's OK. It feels like a budget or indie title but this is an Epic Games game. With 6 years of development, you'd expect more. I guess they're running into the same problem that Valve is currently having. All the actual Game Designers have left the building due to the focus on Unreal or, in Valve's case, Steam.

ImpactVector posted:

I'm enjoying the game so far, but not sure if it'll have much staying power. Then again, I'm still in the first area.

I have a really hard time not taking the outlander chick because of her Keen Eye ability for finding chests. Maybe once I learn what to look for it'll be less necessary, but there are still a lot of normal looking containers that glow. And being able to run through a house quickly and find the best stuff without opening everything is a big time saver.

They went a little too apeshit with the Tutorial. Basically all 10 pages of Quests feels like a tutorial. The game slowly comes alive at around the 6th page. Meanwhile you have the Robot NPC screaming about how exciting and intense everything is as you sleepily spawn camp the spawn area.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Epic is doing its damnest in making this game fail. It's core is honestly super fun but man...

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

socialsecurity posted:

... dearth of content.

I'm noticing a theme with this game.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Why are you people still playing this mess of a game. I honestly think Epic has lost all credibility with this enabling piece of poo poo. I bet they're happy they own Unreal because God drat dude.

I hope none of you ever visit Vegas.

• Locked thread