Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
THERE ARE OVER 800 POKEMON NOW HOLY poo poo!

Forgive me my fellow goons, but I am not well educated in Pokémon since they are not Mario. I'm just gonna look at the entire Pokédex to see whats new and post my findings. Feel free to discuss Pokemons in the meantime.

For a start though, which Pokémon did you pick? (I picked the Pikachu cause my game was like that. I never got past Brock.)

Putty fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jul 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Also the accented é can gargle my scrote you can't use it in thread titles!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Metapod always looked weird to me. Metapod is not my friend and he certainly isn't yours.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Ready to get your mind blown??? Ekans spelled backwards is...

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
People complain about how many there are, but with eight hundred of the buggers, I'm sure you can find some new ones that you like.

Metapod's one of those Pokemon who mostly just exists for an edutainment-esque transitional state. Remember that the main designer literally has autism and it started out as a bug collecting game.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

A lot of Pokemons are now classified as "Fairy" type which sounds like the stupidest thing. They kick Dragon rear end apparently. Wigglytuff is powerful and my friend.

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016
Do not pick Bulbasaur. Although that cute face and those big eyes may say "come with me, I'll protect you," there is nothing but dark intentions in that little freak's heart.

Do not pick Squirtle, no matter how elegantly he squirts for you. You see even now that his eyes are aimed skyward, focusing on goals much larger than yourself. Squirtle will always let you down.

Charmander is your true friend. As your gaze meets his, you will realize that this Pokemon is pure of heart. He will follow you to the end, fight your battles for you, and even lay his life down for you.

Never let yourself be fooled by dishonest Pokemon. Educate yourself, and choose Charmander.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
This is my favorite pokemon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9d3vfihIJc

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The fat pink Pokemon are generally loving tanks, you're pretty much on the money with Wigglytuff. Though it's no Clefable or Blissey.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Squirtle had his own biker gang and some sweet shades how are you gonna pick a plant or some little lizard bitch over that?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Inescapable Duck posted:

The fat pink Pokemon are generally loving tanks, you're pretty much on the money with Wigglytuff. Though it's no Clefable or Blissey.
Audino is insanely strong in Black/White. One basically carried me the whole game.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Diglett has the best kept secret not even single moms can find! What lies underground with this Pokemon? We can only speculate...

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Always thought Mankey was the lamest designed Pokemon of this generation. Although that will probably change in a few seconds.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Putty posted:

Always thought Mankey was the lamest designed Pokemon of this generation. Although that will probably change in a few seconds.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Pokemon is anime and is thus bad op sorry

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Have Blue posted:

Pokemon is anime and is thus bad op sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWgxH2KG4ts

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

There's a pokemon modeled after the bros FYI

but thats way later when everything else stopped being good.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

I thought of a funny thing but I'm not gonna say it!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Hehe... laughing out loud here... Love it when they sneak in those references for the older audience members~!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Cubone is the only Pokemon in the entire Pokedex that is also a Something Awful forums poster. That's weird.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

I got bored and hit the "Surprise Me!" button. I should not have.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Putty posted:

I got bored and hit the "Surprise Me!" button. I should not have.

What the gently caress is this furry poo poo

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Over There posted:

What the gently caress is this furry poo poo

Turn your screen on.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Putty posted:

Turn your screen on.

:wth:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I'm gonna jump to Gen 4 cause it's the one I and assuming everyone else is unfamiliar with. It's also where things start going downhill.

Which one of these petite piles of gently caress is your new starter Pokemon???

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Putty posted:

I'm gonna jump to Gen 4 cause it's the one I and assuming everyone else is unfamiliar with. It's also where things start going downhill.

Which one of these petite piles of gently caress is your new starter Pokemon???

You are close to the mario one by now

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Shadow the Edgehog is now a bird. hehe... nothing personnel kid!

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Putty posted:

A lot of Pokemons are now classified as "Fairy" type which sounds like the stupidest thing. They kick Dragon rear end apparently. Wigglytuff is powerful and my friend.

I knew there was a reason I liked you, Putty. Tuff bros 4 lyfe.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Putty posted:

Cubone is the only Pokemon in the entire Pokedex that is also a Something Awful forums poster. That's weird.

The Fog Trippers have simply not been seen in the wild yet.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

I can't tell if this one feels out of place or is just stupid. Back on the Nintendo Nsider Forums (RIP) this was the "meme" Pokemon.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Putty posted:

I can't tell if this one feels out of place or is just stupid. Back on the Nintendo Nsider Forums (RIP) this was the "meme" Pokemon.

Hehe looks like a poop

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Putty posted:

Wigglytuff and Clefable can both get insanely powerful, I love them :3

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Pokemon sucks.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Why do they do this.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Pokemon sucks.

Turn your vacuum off.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

This guy looks cool. He's my new friend!

quote:

These Pokémon are called the “Signpost for Wandering Spirits.” Children holding them sometimes vanish.

Help.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

This dude's got a drat hat built into his head. He is also Harman Smith from Killer 7 in bird form.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

what have they done

PersonMan
Apr 3, 2009
Pokémon was what I had instead of friends so I like the fire monkey friend Chimchar. I told him secrets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
Pokemon became poo poo after gen II. Literally they now have Pokemon that are electrical toasters. WTF LAME

• Locked thread