Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its good for the environment and doesnt have the moral hypocrisy of loving animals yet also causing their deaths. frankly im surprised people even make fun of it, its the diet of the modern logical thinker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!
I went to a vegan cafe and they had pamphlets on all the tables and fliers everywhere and had a documentary about veganism on loop.

The food and drinks were really expensive and only decent, 6/10 would not return unless my wife makes me.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
*faaaaaart*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Found the thread.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

proctorbot posted:

I went to a vegan cafe and they had pamphlets on all the tables and fliers everywhere and had a documentary about veganism on loop.

The food and drinks were really expensive and only decent, 6/10 would not return unless my wife makes me.

that place sounds like they need to improve their atmosphere and learn that people go to cafes to eat food, especially when all your customers obviously dont need convincing about the benefits of a plant based diet

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i wanna try it someday

maybe 2morrow

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
[url]https:// the story about the vegan restaurant in memphis with the babby's butthole [/url]

:gb2fyad:

choprite
Sep 29, 2007
just about as retarded as you'd think
im really enjoying the wildy different flavors and textures of nut cheeses and plant proteins

also like 90% of meat you.can get eating out is boring garbage meat like chicken breast and ground beef- why even bother?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

BluesShaman posted:

[url]https:// the story about the vegan restaurant in memphis with the babby's butthole [/url]

:gb2fyad:

i dont know what this means and what it has to do with how its better for the planet, animal welfare and your own body to have a vegan diet

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!
Vegans aren't buff... sorry... performance will not improve with such a diet...

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

trying to jack off posted:

i dont know what this means and what it has to do with how its better for the planet, animal welfare and your own body to have a vegan diet

I'll agree with you on a vegetarian diet. But veganism is like crazy level nonsense. "Don't eat honey because bees something something."

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

proctorbot posted:

Vegans aren't buff... sorry... performance will not improve with such a diet...

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/20/15-vegan-bodybuilders-proving-that-you-can-be-meat-free-and-strong-5349931/

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

BluesShaman posted:

I'll agree with you on a vegetarian diet. But veganism is like crazy level nonsense. "Don't eat honey because bees something something."

what about the dairy industry?

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
Pilot: Is there a doctor on the plane? This man is having a heart attack!
Vegan: No, but I'm a vegan

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
I eat vegans for breakfast!

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
Think about all the smug it generates though

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

proctorbot posted:

Was it Loving Hut?

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

:yikes:

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!
Sorry but veganism is a handicap in athletics. The fact that a handful of people have found success despite that handicap doesn't prove otherwise.

Veganism requires either a lot of time to cook weird poo poo (soak beans or whatever) or a lot of money to buy expensive ingredients. Or a tolerance for repetitive blandness.

3. Get over yourself, your individual consumer choices don't mean Jack poo poo relative to societal trends. You aren't going to save the world, sorry. If you are serious why don't you go bomb a meat packing plant or something.

Namaste

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

what about the dairy industry?

Crated veal is pretty cruel. Almost too cruel to eat.

Almost.

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat

proctorbot posted:

Sorry but veganism is a handicap in athletics. The fact that a handful of people have found success despite that handicap doesn't prove otherwise.

Veganism requires either a lot of time to cook weird poo poo (soak beans or whatever) or a lot of money to buy expensive ingredients. Or a tolerance for repetitive blandness.

3. Get over yourself, your individual consumer choices don't mean Jack poo poo relative to societal trends. You aren't going to save the world, sorry. If you are serious why don't you go bomb a meat packing plant or something.

Namaste

Beans are so weird! Waht the fuk do those weirdo vegans do to their bland food, some kind of wacky spices or poo poo? Or... hot sauce?!?!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

proctorbot posted:

Namaste

you lack an imagination for cooking

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
You know what I hate about myself? I know what people taste like. I know babies taste the best.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

proctorbot posted:

Namaste

fyad pot or not i'm in:

-the first statement is undeniably true, even vegans who get loads of protein do not have access to certain amino acids which harms the variety of their micronutrition, also see: supplement b12 or become ill, have worse lifespan average than vegetarians.

-second one is half true, vegan restaurants are always charging you to feel good and giving you less calories per dollar, but when cooking your own food there's no magic kind of beans or rice needed, the kind that costs spare change is fine as long as you're putting oil on it to compensate for your overly low fat diet and avoiding replacing that fat with sugar or just being underweight

-this one is the most true of all three, the majority of american vegans do nearly as much harm to the world as meat eaters and the amount of people who sincerely buy local and grow the other half of their food has to be less than one percent nationally, they're just consumerists with a new sub-brand

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!
I will fight any vegan. If you can defeat me I will become vegan for 1 month.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
Remember that vegan woman who said she was going to prove how strong and great vegans are by climbing Everest then she died?

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

theperminator posted:

Remember that vegan woman who said she was going to prove how strong and great vegans are by climbing Everest then she died?

No.

Link?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

If anybody feels like vegan food is bland or boring go to indian or asian restaurants, specifically korean, thai or viet. The food owns, and if you get some recipes and a basic stock of spices you can cook a lot of them yourself.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

proctorbot posted:

You aren't responsible for what everyone eats - you're responsible for what you eat.

That's like, "You won't really affect the murder rate just by killing a few people"

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!
Asian vegan food is legit but I have no idea how to cook it at home and don't have the time or energy to learn.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its less cruel to take a vitamin b12 tablet than kill a living sentient and eat it. i dont think anyone can deny that

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!
Farm animals would not exist at all if we did not raise them for meat... They would have no existence... is an existence of suffering preferable to no existence at all?... I do not have the answers...

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

proctorbot posted:

Farm animals would not exist at all if we did not raise them for meat... They would have no existence... is an existence of suffering preferable to no existence at all?... I do not have the answers...

Yes you do, just eat every animal you can. Go loving crazy. End their suffering you fat, fat hero.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

proctorbot posted:

I will fight any vegan. If you can defeat me I will become vegan for 1 month.

i choose nate diaz

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
is cum vegan. asking for a friend.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

de_dust posted:

is cum vegan. asking for a friend.

as long as its consensual

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!

i choose nate diaz

Okay I will fight that guy. Let's make it happen.

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
Just lol if you don't use your innate privilege of homosapien superiority to arbitrarily decide which animals live and which get eaten.
*turns and shows butthole*

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

proctorbot posted:

Would you also agree that you trying to be nice person and avoiding causing more misery to other people, is insignificant relative to social trends, and therefore largely irrelevant?
I assume you also don't vote ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The amount of people who are flabbergasted by the idea of cooking delicious, interesting food at home is amazing.

• Locked thread