Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Big Faith character to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Saint Gladys of Sune, formerly Gladys Adler, formerly Gladys Stillwater

Daughter of Sune, Charitable Mother, Sister to All. A true living saint!

Mother Gladness is spoken of as a living legend, yet can be seen freely today, spending her days working to spread love in all the world. For beauty is her Goddess' domain and charity is her passion, thus her soul radiates warmth. It is not often she is credited for deeds of epic combat or indefatigable valor, yet often those heroes would seek her aid. It is in limitless mercy that Gladys acts, working to feed the hungry, mend the war-torn and give peace to the damned. Mother Gladness is known to all as a great pacifist, yet a capable leader of the church, immune to corruption or even intimidation. Truly the Divine protects her.

Gladys Stillwater was born sixty-seven years ago to scandal, the forgotten offspring of minor noble and red-horned maid. Made to vanish in one of Waterdeep's orphanages, an oft-forgotten byproduct of so many outsider's ambitions coming to a head in one place. An intelligent and willful child, Gladys benefited immensely from notice of her merit and opportunity to train as a scribe, informally adopted as a rebellious teenager by a shipping company she actually spent most of her puberty completely absent any faith. Respectful of it in others, Gladys simply set her horned head to the grindstone and worked studiously to develop talents others lacked that would shine beyond her bright red skin. Waterdeep was a welcoming city, but she resolved that individual bias would best be defeated before it had any chance to bother her!

The necessity of her studies and work making her a bookworm at heart, the young tradeswoman was utterly swept off her feet by a dashing tusked bosun coming in from the seas every three weeks. Responsible for inventory of a small trading fleet and looking to acquire a stock of fresh beauty a rough courtship began, kept alive by Gladys' loyalty and modesty despite the long distance. Although faith did not yet speak to her it had raised her, the oft-repeated warnings against sinfulness from the orphanage matrons always reciting themselves in her head. She felt that her fidelity to her man and efforts to rise above her station were divinely rewarded when the two spoke of marriage, her Frederick trading the boat for the boardwalk and a tidy office. With Gladys' support a new flow of commerce came to Waterdeep, two capable heads turning profits for craftsmen and laborers formerly crushed by the weight of their missed dreams. Great prosperity came to the two and soon a joyous marriage between Mister and Misses Adler. They were blessed by three children over the years, two sons and a daughter.

A happy life, and one without Sune's direct hand. No bard could tell this tale and do it justice, but it is the sorrow that follows that gave birth to the Blessed Sister's faith. Adler's business took a hard turn when several sponsored contracts into the Undermountain failed to return. A risky venture, yet one promising untold wealth. It took Frederick with a sudden intensity, the need to conquer the place, to triumph and pull back those good people lost to it. Despite the begging of his wife, he agreed to accompany one of the expeditions himself. Surface level. Exploratory only. A good band of strong men and women, a necessity that would lay the foundation for the future treks, done by others, to finally push into the mysterious dark. Gladys wouldn't sleep willfully for the week he was gone, and when Frederick returned he bore the mark of blue flame, a warping in the face and upper torso. Her heart broke as it took another week for her husband to find peace, his mind wracked by the horrors of what he had seen. They had enjoyed nearly a decade of peace together, had a beautiful family and a wonderful nest egg. They even bore great social connections, insuring that the new widow and her children would be taken care of. Yet it was not enough, and that sudden compulsion began to pick at Gladys' heart...

Grieving, confused, alone, Gladys accepted a buyout of the Adler company and dedicated herself to her old passion, the translation of texts. A skilled linguist and soon an educated scholar, her skills made her return to the workplace simple, if a bit trite. It still interested her but nothing could match the growing, alien need in her chest. Tasked to translate religious texts, Gladys one day became aware of the only conceivable outlet for her inability to move on. But the thought of it terrified her! Seeking vengeance was an illogical act, one born of anger and grief, one that could only give her family more to grieve. There had to be another way. There had to be forgiveness.

She spent two years researching the whole of it, making a sincere effort to follow the doctrines of faith, to accept the divine into her life, to revel in the beauty of her family as her children grew. She made polite inquiries to old adventuring companies that had good experiences with Frederick's business, who owed their fame to his connections and funding, who paid it back and made them all rich. Perhaps they took success the wrong way, frittered it all away, were swindled or robbed, or knew no satisfaction that money could bring. Gladys called upon an adventuring party to protect her as she journeyed to Undermountain for the first time, determined to seek what her husband could not find.

Undermountain had been a wicked construction, a terrible place built by a literal madman and those he enthralled, a small sect of Dwarven slaves brainwashed to a sinister cult to finish their work, rewarded with one final disgrace. Halastar the Mad Mage had condemned them to rot in their stone homes for their work was finished, and they were unsightly to him. Such utter disregard for the living made for very remorseful dead. Very angry dead. It was here that the first ill-fated Undermountain expedition had started, cracking open the small stone town that became a tomb. And it was here that Saint Gladys legend began, for she begged that her companions watch over her as she performed rites to purify those forgotten wretches. For a week she brought peace to each domicile, each forgotten cot, each unmarked grave, each bone littered with the teeth marks of the mad and inhuman. She reminded them of the nobility of their work, and their deserving place at Moradin's side. That they may be forgiven their abuse and allowed to rise and shape stone again.

Darker things lurked in Undermountain. Born of the cult's inner circle, a terrible undead monstrosity ruled over the final ward of the city, the last bit of construction was a gate had been erected for Halastar's new realm. Here the combined will of those ancient Dwarves made for a mad Lich, a fitting servant to his estranged master. Gladys and her friends confronted the creature of undead spellfire and withstood his assault, the will of the Kind Mother smothering the creature's hatred. Here, finally, the Dwarves heard heart-felt praise for their labor and sacrifice, where sword and shield battered their melded bones to dust, their spirit raged. It raged against the unfairness of it all, it lashed out against the senseless sorrow, and it screamed for the pain it felt.

Today Go-Between has been cleaned out and refurbished. It is the only truly safe place in the Undermountain, and that is thanks to Mother Gladness. Gladys Adler returned to Waterdeep having granted peace to many, above all herself. Over the following decades she would become a grandmother, a respected adventurer, a tireless servant to the people, an educated scholar awarded honorary notes from great university, and an endless wellspring of her faith in Sune. That as horrible as the tragedy that befell Gladys has been, the love and beauty of her life before then could over come it. That love still saves lives, it mends wounds, it battles outbreaks of plague. And so it is that Gladys of Sune is nearing the end of her life, yet the beauty of her soul shines out into her corporeal body, her attire radiant, her eyes shining and hair long, a Sage's aura joining the Saint's divinity.

Where she is needed, she will go.

Sheet
pre:
Saint Gladys of Sune  						 
HP: 128/128		AC:	38	Passive Insight: 34
Surges: 10/10 (V: 32)	For:	33	Passive Perception: 27
Initiative: +20		Ref:	32	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	39      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Giant, Draconic, Goblin	

At Will			Encounter	           Daily
Astral Seal             [ ] Second Wind            [ ] Word of Comfort
Sacred Flame            [ ] Hymn of Resurgence     [ ] Dismissal
Change Armor            [ ] Remorse                [ ] Stream of Life
                        [ ] Sever the Source       [ ] Radiant Armor
                        [ ] Prophecy of Doom       [ ] Brilliant Censure
                        [ ] [ ] [ ] Healing Word   [ ] Good Omens
                        [ ] Healer's Mercy(Ch)     [ ] Moment of Peace
                        OR                         [ ] Hammer of Fate [ ]
                        [ ] Favor of the Gods(Ch)  [ ] Diabolic Soul [ ] Wrath
                        [ ] Shining Symbol         [ ] Sustenance(I)
                        [ ] Cloak of Courage       [ ] Gloves of Healing(I)
                        [ ] Divine Favor(I)        [ ] Calling(I)
                                                   [ ] Flight(I)
                                                   [ ] Sovereign(I)
                                                   [ ] Timeless(I)
                                                   [ ] Guardian(I)
                                                   [ ] Respite(I)

Healing Word: Surge + 8d6 + 1d6(1) + 9
Healing Surges: +5 Healer's Implement, +3d6+4 Pacifist Healer, +1d6 Healer's Gloves(One Target)
Target Gains: +2 Attack, +6 Defenses against next attack, then +2 Defenses USOMNT
Last Legion Officer: When Ally Heals off spent Surge, Shift 1 or gain +2 AC/Reflex USONT

Implement: +25, +27(Astral Seal), +1 vs Bloodied, Crits +5d6
Melee: +21, 2d4+7     Ranged: +15

Passives:
Resists: Fire 15, Necrotic 21
Foresight: Allies within 5 cannot be surprised. Rolls Initiative twice.
Prophetic Action: Action Point grants a Move Action for a different round.
Terrifying Insight: Roll twice against Will. If both miss, Daze self UEOMNT.
Ordained: Adjacent Allies get +1 to Saves.
Saintly Grace: Cannot be Dominated. Dominates only Daze.
Pacifist: If damaging a Bloodied enemy, Stun self UEOMNT.
Superior Will: Save at start of turn to undo Save/Daze.
Focused Mind: +4 to Saves against Stun/Daze.
Eye of Judgement: Roll twice on Insight.
Saving Grace: On Save Success, forgo the Save to let an Ally within 5 Save at +7.
Supreme Healing: Healing Word targets two.
H. Symbol Expertise: After using Implement Attack, cannot grant CA USOMNT.
Ring of Flight: No Fall Damage, always land on feet.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Aug 2, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Original post
Orokos Sheet
PDF Print

Silenna of the Green

In my early travels I went to pay homage to a druidic sect. As a pilgrim and a fresh neophyte, it would be the first time I ever saw the green warden. In all popular stories there is a stoic truth, a meeting of great figures, a joining of destinies. It seems there is one for anyone I had ever met in public and Silenna was no exception. For the bards the idea was that mercy met discipline and both found the other's values wanting, or even that there was some adversity! I had heard the tales of those entombed and I hope one day to try to save even one of them, under Silenna's watch and protection. But that first day I saw her, I could only look away and many thought me driven to faint, whether by fear or some inability to tolerate the ugly. In truth, Silenna... is one of the most beautiful people I have ever seen. Her passion embodies every aspect of her and is reflected in the sheen of each scale! Her ferocity and will are twin beacons of noble valor and to see her strike is to know the beauty of nature's cycle! Though I know I should never speak of it aloud, I hope one day she might... share her scales. To wear an item crafted from such an incredible figure! Perhaps she molts?

Merritt Carlisle

A handsome and stoic man, Commander Carlisle is a shining example of Sune's most basic tenet: to celebrate the beauty of the world! His spirit sings of mankind's great nobility and his actions reflect a pure will that betters the world with every action! As I began to truly awaken to Sune's voice in my heart, I was trusted to translate our texts and to share them with many sympathetic faiths, including those brave lions of Torm. The Golden Lions are a most heroic sect and it was on my own time that I pursued knowledge of the figures that led them, charmed as I was by the newly appointed Lion of Torm. To hear tales of his deeds and upbringing makes me feel that I have learned of a kindred spirit. As my own station grew and I became a diplomatic figure between the two faiths, I always found it delightful to meet with Sir Carlisle. It is a wonderful personal indulgence to imagine that his heart has room for valor and love in it, and that my dear Frederick would look the other way, recalling that our original vows were "until death do we part."

Marcus Gellantara

I first met Marcus in the most incorrigible manner, when I had completed tutelage under one of Our Lady's Roses. Although he was not a member of the sect, he was a frequent guest, delighting us all with his wonderful songs and ribald stories. We were blessed to know such a loving man, and in turn received many blessings from Sune and from him. But initially... we met at a darling tavern of golden wood-work and fine cooking, to discuss our mutual journey with the elusive Grimfox the Avenger. We were traveling with some others, but Marcus is the man I shall never forget, for once we had all been introduced and revelry was well under way, he invited me to speak in private. Pulling me aside, passing a hand up my robe and fondling my tail, he told me with the utmost confidence that "I bet your rear could make a mute sing." I am blessed once again, for I am already so red he could not see my face burst into flame from his compliment... and then he would ruin it by adding that I was "quite good-looking for an older gal." Although things would get rather heated from there, Marcus and his wonderful family are still dear to my heart today.

Arka Scorchoak

Sometimes when I look to dear Arka, I feel overwhelmed. Her beauty is apparent, yet beneath that blooms the radiance of her soul and incredibly, many more. Yet something else grips me when I look to her, and I am ashamed to admit that I have occasionally acted on it. The gentle, perfect girl reminds me very much of my only daughter, Vivian! It is all I can do to not refer to Arka by the wrong name, or to refrain from hugging her. Sometimes I muss her hair. But she is a good friend and a noble stoic, able to tolerate my indulgences as she carries out her sacred duties. We met when I came to hear of a wounded warrior in my travels, and came to care for her in the wake of her greatest hunt. Although she had already attained nobility in this life, I felt it wrong to let her slip away! At my insistence that the world would be safer with her continued vigil, she eventually relented in allowing me to delay her return to a noble afterlife, as she thinks of it. I did not believe so strongly in the return of unique beauty, for Sune teaches to admire and worship beauty as we see it, for it may vanish forever in a moment. But meeting Arka and knowing the blinding beauty of her spirit, I can see now that sometimes we are a little luckier than the Gods intended. And if my darling little owl will continue to indulge my doting, I will consider myself much luckier as well.

Iada Kilcis

Although I have not lived in Waterdeep for decades, I have visited it dozens of times. I left for the first time after cleansing Go-Between and had only heard of the world beyond the city through books and the words of travelers. It was a great comfort to return every time, for I had also left when my youngest son had come of age, leaving everything but the clothes on my back to my children. In the years since I have seen them grow and returned to hold my grandchildren, and returned to see the growth of my hometown. Under Lady Kilcis the city has seen a remarkable transformation, from a loose clashing of a million separate interests to a trading powerhouse, protected from outside influence by her stoic gaze. When I was younger, I would only meet some of the Swords of the Lady and trade polite parlance with them, exchange texts and wish each other well with our respective rites. After a great time and hearing of my deeds, I was asked to return to Waterdeep and grant it my "blessing", as the Saint born of Waterdeep. I was happy to do so, but even more enchanted to finally meet Lady Kilcis, a living testament to the hidden beauty in the world, that beneath apparent darkness and dire circumstances there is a wonderful soul looking to join the beauty of the world. Given a chance, it will produce a unique joy known only to the redeemed. It may have been unprofessional to embrace the Lady Kilcis, but I could in no other way confer my blessing to Waterdeep, and to her, for protecting my home. In time since, I've received letter that one of my grandchildren has been named in her honor, "Iada."

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Aug 2, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Gladys is entirely teamwork dependent and has minimal options to even deal damage, so I thought it'd be convenient to have a spot to refer to what she can do for you at any given moment. Hugs are always a free action.

quote:

Utility Reference

Standing Adjacent: +1 Saves
Standing Within 5: Cannot be Surprised

Surge Bonus: Surge + 3d6 + 1d6(1 Target) + 9
Last Legion Officer: When Ally Heals off spent Surge, Shift 1 or gain +2 AC/Reflex USONT

Healing Word: Surge + 8d6 + 1d6(1 Target) + 9 x2 Targets
Word Bonus: +2 Attack, +6 Defenses against next attack, then +2 Defenses USOMNT + Last Legion Officer Bonus

At Will
Astral Seal: Target has -2 Defenses UEOMNT. Next Ally to hit gains 6 HP. Range 5
Sacred Flame: Grant a Save or 14 THP to Ally in line of sight. Range 5

Encounter
Healing Word x3
Healer's Mercy: Bloodied Allies only, Surge Heal. CB 5, Standard
Favor of the Gods: Target rolls twice for next Attack. CB3, Minor
Prophecy of Doom: Set up a guaranteed Crit on one target. Range 5, Standard
Hymn of Resurgence: Enemies have -2 Defenses and Proned on Hit. Allies can save or gain 5 THP. CB5. No Friendly Fire.
Remorse: Allies can spend Healing Surge. Enemies gain Vuln 10 and are Dazed. Burst 1, Range 5.
Sever the Source: UEOMNT Target has Vuln 17 and Cannot Heal. Auto-Hits. Range 5, Standard.

Daily
Good Omens: +5 to all D20s, Can't Crit. UEOMNT. Ranged 10, Standard
Words of Comfort: Grants Saving Throws, 5 HP(10 to Bloodied Allies.) CB2, Standard
Stream of Life: Ongoing 5(Save Ends.) Saving Throw optional. When damage is taken, Ally within 5 heals for 15
+Diabolic Soul: Regen 6 combo with Stream of Life
+Saving Grace: When a Save is made, choose to forgo the Save. Grant Ally within 5 a Save at +7.
Dismissal: Banishes one target for at least one round, hit or miss. Range 10.
+Better against Aberrant, Elemental, Fey, Immortal, Shadow Creatures.
Radiant Armor: Interrupt Attack. Damage of Attack becomes 0. Only blocks the Damage. CB 5.
Brilliant Censure: Blinds Enemies(Save Ends.) Creates Zone until end of Encounter. If Ally starts turn in Zone, gains +2d6 Radiant Damage. CB 3. No Friendly Fire.
Divine Armor: Close Burst 3. Standard Action. All Allies affected gain +2 AC and DR 5/All until end of encounter.
Moment of Peace: Target's Attacks deal No Damage(Save Ends.) CB 5, No Friendly Fire.

Items:
Cord of Divine Favor: Encounter for Self Healing via Surge.
Timeless Locket: Daily to use Standard as Minor. Cannot be Attacking Standard.
Gloves of Healing: Daily to restore my Surge Value to Adjacent Ally.
Symbol of Sustenance: Minor to extend an effect that will end this Turn to the next UEOMNT.
Ring of Calling: Daily to Teleport Ally within 20 and in sight to Adjacent Tile. Reverse function if milestone reached.
Ring of Flight: Daily to Fly.
Bracers of Respite: Daily when Adjacent Ally Heals to heal 2d8 on them or another Adjacent Ally or Self.
Octogram of Sovereign: Daily to regain Channel Divinity.

Guardian Whistle: Teleport Ally to Adjacent Square. CB 10. Move.
Woundstich Powder: Save the Dying. Cancels Ongoing. Standard.
Decanter of Endless Water: Encounter to produce Water.
Potion of Spectral Form: Minor to become Insubstantial.

Rituals
See Sheet.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 15, 2017

• Locked thread