Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
We should all be familiar with Canadian Geese. Here is a quick image to steer you on the right way if you do not know about them:

And one more just in case:

Look at them. They speak for themselves of lowly, pestilent creatures. Intolerable.

And here are some solutions to them:

http://www.wildlifeanimalcontrol.com/canadagoosekill.html

There are plenty of other...undesirables off to the left. But take a closer look at the bottom in the middle:

Other Ways To Kill Canada Geese posted:

When it comes to killing geese in large numbers, wildlife wardens in cities and towns will often use a gas chamber, but this isn’t an option that is available to most people.

Yes, that is correct. It is time to bust out the gas chamber against the Canadian Geese.

This is what one looks like:

First they came for the Canadian Geese and I did not speak up, because I was not a Canadian Goose...

Any thoughts? Perhaps it could go a bit further, to deer or squirrels, perhaps?

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jul 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Geese are only really scary because you're not willing to just kick it.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I find this thread problematic.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the geese is leese. theres a saltybet reference for you

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Tallgeese posted:

I am certain you are one of the good ones :angel:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q81ptFSA4mk

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why do you have to poison it just because it is trampling your lawn?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

COMRADES posted:

Why do you have to poison it just because it is trampling your lawn?

What if you are growing poison on your lawn, such as daffodils or foxgloves?

Also, consult the very bottom of the page:

quote:

This site is intended to provide Canada Goose education and information about how to kill Canada Geese with poison, so that you can make an informed decision if you need to deal with a Canada Goose problem. This site provides many Canada Goose control articles and strategies, if you wish to attempt to solve the problem yourself. If you are unable to do so, which is likely with many cases of Canada Goose removal, please go to the home page and click the USA map, where I have wildlife removal experts listed in over 500 cites and towns, who can properly help you kill your nuisance Canada Goose. Click here to read more about how to get rid of Canada Geese.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
They come in my yard and poo poo all over the place. But I would never take action against them, of course.

You'd think they taste similar to duck, but it's actually almost like steak. Better than you'd expect.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

protip

if a goose is bein an rear end in a top hat to u, just hiss at them the same way they hiss at u and they go away

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

COMRADES posted:

Geese are only really scary because you're not willing to just kick it.

This.

It has loving hollow bones. You have to go out of your way not to injure them.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Has anyone eaten goose meat? Always wanted to try it.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

a bone to pick posted:

Has anyone eaten goose meat? Always wanted to try it.

Scroll up.

Also, the reason people want them dead is because of the poop, they make a lot of it and it's very dangerous as it's a vector for a lot of bad diseases.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
Is it legal to hunt Canadian Geese? I have a hunting license and on the test they asked whether it was legal to hunt Canadian Geese and I said yes but I honestly don't know. My father's friend gave me the test and I honestly think he passed me because of my father.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
(In beavis voice) he he cool

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Tallgeese posted:

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Bareback Werewolf posted:

Is it legal to hunt Canadian Geese? I have a hunting license and on the test they asked whether it was legal to hunt Canadian Geese and I said yes but I honestly don't know. My father's friend gave me the test and I honestly think he passed me because of my father.

Apparently you can get licenses to hunt them and if you own land you can get a special permit to do anything to get them off the land like kill all the geese and then smash all the eggs. We've hosed with the ecosystem to the point they're way overpopulated and if we don't shoot a whole bunch there will be even more.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

Trump is going to round them up and deport them soon anyways

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Harald posted:

Trump is going to round them up and deport them soon anyways

Deportation's too good for them I want them dead

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I've never felt a greater feeling of understanding the Holocaust then when I watched this video of ducks being culled for food. Something about the still camera and the way the ducks were herded in small groups to be killed gave me a very chilling feeling of how people were herded into the gas chambers and killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5YHHXrHUuU&t=488s

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
It's better to just cover their eggs in cooking oil than smash them, cause they'll just lay more if you smash them but if you suffocate them with oil it kills them without the parents being able to tell, and they just keep trying to hatch their avian abortions until they have to migrate away. I've been told, at least.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

qkkl posted:

I've never felt a greater feeling of understanding the Holocaust then when I watched this video of ducks being culled for food. Something about the still camera and the way the ducks were herded in small groups to be killed gave me a very chilling feeling of how people were herded into the gas chambers and killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5YHHXrHUuU&t=488s

you should watchsome isis videos bro its good poo poo

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Nigmaetcetera posted:

It's better to just cover their eggs in cooking oil than smash them, cause they'll just lay more if you smash them but if you suffocate cover them with oil it kills them without the parents being able to tell, and they just keep trying to hatch their avian abortions until they have to migrate away. I've been told, at least.

That sounds like a lot of fuckin work how about just shoot them all with a shotgun and call it a day

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Bareback Werewolf posted:

I think you need a license and for it to be open season?

In Canada I think they're all good all the time.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

i mean hell you could make an omelette

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

That sounds like a lot of fuckin work how about just shoot them all with a shotgun and call it a day

I don't think the neighborhood association would appreciate that.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Breakfast Feud posted:

Apparently you can get licenses to hunt them and if you own land you can get a special permit to do anything to get them off the land like kill all the geese and then smash all the eggs. We've hosed with the ecosystem to the point they're way overpopulated and if we don't shoot a whole bunch there will be even more.

It's a confusing topic no one seems to agree upon in terms of government and law, I would guess this could be because some think their migration is vital, they're on the Canadian money or some poo poo, but then many find them to be an invasive species. This isn't entirely uncommon, but it is weird to imagine some counties gassing geese then others having to pay 10 dollars to shoot a few a year, make up your minds scientists who sleep at their new government jobs

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

EorayMel posted:

Also, consult the very bottom of the page:

All I'm seeing is Canada needs a government agency to advise them on best how to deal with geese.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I don't think the neighborhood association would appreciate that.

Then shoot them all with a shotgun too.

They won't even notice, though. Most aren't even home and, since it's July, they'll just assume it's leftover fireworks

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
exterminating geese is important but that money would be better spent researching methods of blowing up the moon

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Ironically, this is the tactic which led the Nazi's to the holocaust. Shooting the Jews was inefficient as the bullets were too valuable.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

extra stout posted:

It's a confusing topic no one seems to agree upon in terms of government and law, I would guess this could be because some think their migration is vital, they're on the Canadian money or some poo poo, but then many find them to be an invasive species. This isn't entirely uncommon, but it is weird to imagine some counties gassing geese then others having to pay 10 dollars to shoot a few a year, make up your minds scientists who sleep at their new government jobs

From a quick Google it looks like a classic case of too many government rules and not enough time/money to figure them out. The geese are at once covered under the criteria for invasive species and require a cull, but also protected under the Migratory Birds Act and no one's really changed it. Parks and Conservation Canada or whatever department it fell under was pretty gutted under the last government and the new Prime Minister couldn't possibly advocate for killing animals publicly so it's going to stay like this forever.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMdhAFPWzFw

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
They let you walk up to them, just shoot them with a bow. Nobody hears, nobody knows, and you get free dinner.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

They let you walk up to them, just shoot them with a bow. Nobody hears, nobody knows, and you get free dinner.

You could miss. Better to use something like a golf club and snap their porcelain-like spine

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

I didn't watch the whole thing wtf is the spinning plinko bucket for besides making me laugh

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When threatened, geese are more stubbornly violent than the noble badger or the Wiley Palestinian

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Who What Now posted:

You could miss. Better to use something like a golf club and snap their porcelain-like spine

If you have a bow, you ought to be good enough to hit a stationary target that size from 10 feet (or less).

I guess you could just go ham on it with a melee weapon, sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

• Locked thread