Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Google Doc version: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UehokUZVIhAbJgGTShu3gyad1aSk_O497zN1koDw1ko/edit#gid=272740164

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Hits to SHS, Kash, Kash Snake Eye, Lab

Also Kashtira Birth to 2

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Armageddon Knight to three is a buff to Gate Guardian.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Kinda knew they'd never hit snake eyes while its pack was still in the store, still gotta make money! but not a single proper lab hit? Makes me wanna fuckin uninstall.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Kinda knew they'd never hit snake eyes while its pack was still in the store, still gotta make money! but not a single proper lab hit? Makes me wanna fuckin uninstall.

The parts that need hit in lab are the generic flood gates and like... EEV. Outside of those Lab is merely a good deck.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
So Bonfire is in Master Duel now. If Pure Snake Eye is not Tier 0, it never will be.

Also, new Unchained, Lab, and Volcanic cards in the new selection pack

Also, we have a new 60 million download login bonus for 8 days.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

also added the winners of the card protector votes...which, of course, means Traptrix Sera from the japan side, and Diabellstar and Dark Magician Girl from EN.

the yugioh community cannot be allowed to vote

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Went up against a code talker deck today and got locked out before I could even play. Pretty sure my only out for that would've been an Ash or Nibiru or Effect Veiler. poo poo happens so I don't feel bad about that.

Immediately after I was able to take down a SwordSoul deck that played right into my Dark Magicians deck bullshit. That felt pretty good.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New datamined leaks: https://www.masterduelmeta.com/leaks-and-updates

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Top 100 decklists: https://roadoftheking.com/master-duel-duelist-cup-2024-mar/

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/yotti_purinchan/status/1773911023030095922

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Looks like we'll be getting another pack that's basically "Here's all the stuff we forgot" - Chimera stuff, the missing Purrly, the last two Rescue-ACE cards, first wave Illusions, Ursarctics, et cetera.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

BEen playing Runick Generaider and Runick RDA/REsonator on Master duel and I just banished all 3 of my sky striker opponents Raye's turn 1.

I am a god. This is the power of the infinite.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I don't know why (it may be because I keep reading and laughing at AI-made cards) but this card came to me in a dream.

"Ojama Five
Normal Trap Card

If there are no monsters on the field: Special Summon five "Ojama Tokens" (Beast-Type/LIGHT/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 1000) to either side of the field in Defense Position. They cannot be used as material for an Extra Deck Summon except for the Summon of an "Ojama" monster, in which case they can be used as a substitute for any "Ojama" monster."

I added a bit of detail and cleaned up the text but that's how it worked in my dream. The art was similar to Ojama Trio but added Ojama Red and Blue.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New selection pack:

New Rescue Ace secret pack

New Mikanko secret pack

New Purrely secret pack

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New selection pack:

Purrely secret pack:

Rescue Ace secret pack:

Mikanko secret pack:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I am totally going to play the strictly worse pure RACE because that is a deck I legit love as a playstyle.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Wonder when Tenpai Dragons will hit Master Duel? The art looks cool and I haven't played a going second deck since Cyber Dragons back at MD's launch.

Plus, people seem to be preemptively complaining about it, so you know it's going to be lit.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Speaking of Cyber Dragons, here i the list for the new OCG CyDra Tactical Try Deck

Main Deck (40 Cards)
【MONSTERS】
3 Cyber Dragon
3 Cyber Dragon Core
2 Cyber Dragon Herz
1 Cyber Dragon Nachster
1 Cyberdark Chimera
1 Jizukiru, the Star Destroying Kaiju
1 Therion “King” Regulus
2 Galaxy Soldier
2 Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring
2 Maxx “C”

【SPELLS】
2 Power Bond
3 Cyber Emergency
1 Cyber Repair Plant
1 Cyberdark Realm
1 Machine Duplication
2 Clockwork Night
1 Triple Tactics Thrust
1 Triple Tactics Talent
1 Sales Ban
1 Raigeki
1 Harpie’s Feather Duster
2 Lightning Storm
2 Called by the Grave
1 Forbidden Droplet

【TRAPS】
1 Red Reboot
1 Infinite Impermanence

● EXTRA DECK (10 CARDS)
1 Cyber End Dragon
1 Cyber Twin Dragon
1 Chimeratech Megafleet Dragon
1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
1 Chimeratech Rampage Dragon
1 Cyber Dragon Nova
1 Cyber Dragon Infinity
1 Cyber Dragon Sieger
1 Sky Striker Ace – Azalea
1 Salamangreat Almiraj

This is actually pretty solid? Its pretty close to what I run in Master Duel. lol if it ever comes to TCG tho

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Datamined leaks: https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/april-11-2024/master-duel-datamines

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Somebody tell me about Infinitracks and Machina. I can see synergy between them my brain is too Dark Magician poisoned to form a cohesive deck without that in it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They're two parts of the great big Earth Machine pile, which also includes trains and a couple of Ancient Gears, do Geargia get in there too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01NcWwDmIJo

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Ugh, I'd sworn off playing Master Duel outside of Solo Mode whenever it updated, just hanging out with my old man Dark Magician deck, but drat it all, I recently learned about Nouvelles, and you know I had to show up for my boy Hungry Burger. Wound up also making a Rescue-ACE deck the moment I saw them because obviously.

Anyway I completely chump rolled a Kashtira-Tearlaments deck with my Nouvelle cuisine, got to watch Kashtira Shangri-La get chomped by Baelgrille, and even got off the Hungry Burger summon for extra style points. I'm just really jazzed about that and wanted to share. :kimchi:

I made the replay public if anyone wants to watch some meta bullshit get wrecked by Hungry Burger (I also have a replay from a couple years back where I ran into a Floowandereeze player with my Dark Magician deck and Actually Became Yugi, which made sitting through them spending literally over twenty minutes just tediously playing cards actually worth it, since I got to deposit all that work right into a dumpster in like thirty seconds). I made a few misplays you can make fun of, too (I could have waited to summon Hungry Burger, I definitely had no idea who to banish with Called by the Grave when they went for a graveyard summon, and something prevented Buerillabaise from triggering off of Staff Recipe, please let me know if you can figure out what it was). Anyway I hope it's entertaining, anyone who decides to watch!

ID: 128-934-843

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

EclecticTastes posted:

something prevented Buerillabaise from triggering off of Staff Recipe, please let me know if you can figure out what it was).

The first four Nouvelles courses are worded as “When” triggers, so they are optional and thus, priority passes to your opponent if you try to be proactive about firing off their effects so they have the option to respond and if they do, you have missed the timing and no longer have a window to bring out the next dish. It’s really annoying!

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

ChaosArgate posted:

The first four Nouvelles courses are worded as “When” triggers, so they are optional and thus, priority passes to your opponent if you try to be proactive about firing off their effects so they have the option to respond and if they do, you have missed the timing and no longer have a window to bring out the next dish. It’s really annoying!

Ahhh, that'd do it. Gotta love the "missing the timing" rule. One wonders why I ever play other card games with such fine design at work.

Seriously, they clearly intended you to self-trigger their effects the same way a lot of Blue-Eyes support is designed around targeting Maiden with Eyes of Blue, why would they allow for you to miss the timing? Like, one might argue that balance is involved (though, this is Yu-Gi-Oh, so we all know that's a fatuous argument from the get-go), but it's the stronger decks that are going to have responses to begin with so missing the timing just feels like insult to injury.

By the way, is it just me or does it seem like Nouvelles are kind of incomplete? The dude from the other half of the backrow doesn't have a monster card, and it seems odd for there to be only one Patissciel monster, not to mention the lack of archetypal fusion (though nobody's ever gonna be fusion summoning Courveture). I'm guessing that the next wave of support will include the other guy and possibly a level 4 Pendulum Fusion Patissciel as a counterpart (level 4 so that together they total 6, like the other pair), along with a "Dessert Recipe" fusion spell that goes into non-Pendulum Patissciel Fusions. Gonna predict that the fusion spell will include some means for shuffling cards back into the deck, and that one of the fusion monsters will get some sort of benefit from using Hungry Burger as material.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I’ve been waiting for Nouvelles Meat Man for ages now, but I dunno if he’s making it into the set after this upcoming one. As it is, they play a pretty fun control game that’s frustratingly annoying to trigger on your own terms. I run a Dogmatika build because Concours giving your opponent a fusion monster turns on Ecclesia and matrix so you can go insanely hard in generating card advantage and turboing out Alba Zoa. Also being able to send cards from your own extra deck can help seed your own plays; I run Infernoble Knight Captain Roland in the extra so I can send him to the GY with Dogmatika Maximus so he can target and equip himself to a warrior monster on the field at quick effect speed.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The nouvelle monsters are when effects because if they weren't you could chain activate them because the 3 and 4 star meals just need any monster to be targeted for anything so you could target the level 1 and 2 and activate them and the 3 and 4s and then eat an entire board and also fill your side back up instantly in one chain.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/YuGiOh_TCG/status/1779208031164625364/photo/1

:stonklol:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Not a single snake-eyes hit that'll do anything, Baronne and Savage getting banned basically right after finally being reprinted to be cheap and obtainable, Colossus, Kirin, and Protoss unbanned.

They really just decided to make the format worse, huh? Is the Mali to 3 just so HERO can make the full Plasma Dark Angel Dark Law combo more consistently as a way to deal with Snake-Eyes?

A very funny list

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
How did I not know about this archetype? loving love food based themes in games. Can't wait to get home and be sad I can't craft anything cause I'm too broke on crafting materials.

Edit: Talking about the Nouvelle stuff from earlier.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 13, 2024

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Bumper Stickup posted:

How did I not know about this archetype? loving love food based themes in games. Can't wait to get home and be sad I can't craft anything cause I'm too broke on crafting materials.

Edit: Talking about the Nouvelle stuff from earlier.

I've got a list that's gotten me up to master before I'll get a screenshot for you

EDIT:

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 13, 2024

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Rest in Piss, Baronne De Fleur, I will be sure to bring my dancing shoes when I visit your grave.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Nouvelle is a really funny archtype because MD actually spiked the cardboard price for it a bit because one of the ritual festivals showed players it was actually really fun to play

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I've got a list that's gotten me up to master before I'll get a screenshot for you

EDIT:

Hell yeah thanks! Gonna put this on my list of things to make. Currently theory crafting an Albaz/Dark Magician deck and saving up to build an earth machine deck.

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010

Absolutely based. Now do Apollousa and Accesscode :)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Bumper Stickup posted:

Hell yeah thanks! Gonna put this on my list of things to make. Currently theory crafting an Albaz/Dark Magician deck and saving up to build an earth machine deck.

The name isn't a joke btw. It's a dogshit card you kind of have to run because you don't have any other searchers for your starters that could take that slot.

Anti-Tachyon posted:

Absolutely based. Now do Apollousa and Accesscode :)

I think worrying about generic extra deck monsters in a tier 0 format where the top decks aren't using them is incredibly dumb.

I mean it's dumb in general but doing it now is silly poo poo.

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The name isn't a joke btw. It's a dogshit card you kind of have to run because you don't have any other searchers for your starters that could take that slot.

I think worrying about generic extra deck monsters in a tier 0 format where the top decks aren't using them is incredibly dumb.

I mean it's dumb in general but doing it now is silly poo poo.

Snake-Eyes entire game plan is making baronne and savage with jet synchron in order to make board breakers useless against them. Only fire king snake-eyes isn't using them, and is consequently much weaker to nibiru, soul release and triple tac.

And I say this with a little disrespect, but I cannot imagine being the sort of person who plays nouvelles but thinks baronne and savage are good game design at any point, regardless of meta.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Anti-Tachyon posted:

Snake-Eyes entire game plan is making baronne and savage with jet synchron in order to make board breakers useless against them. Only fire king snake-eyes isn't using them, and is consequently much weaker to nibiru, soul release and triple tac.

And I say this with a little disrespect, but I cannot imagine being the sort of person who plays nouvelles but thinks baronne and savage are good game design at any point, regardless of meta.

Snake Eyes is going to continue to be just as crushingly strong with slightly worse Synchro monsters. In fact, just running Generic Good Link Stuff is equally as good as the ones ending on baronne and savage between Little Night IP, Princess etc. and the endless conga line of Link material they can make.

Also like, what are you talking about? I play a lot of different decks, some of which are under powered, but generic ED poo poo usually isn't the issues I have with stronger decks. Usually it is the in-archetype bullshit that lets them poo poo out the generic poo poo on top of their own bullshit that's the issue. Like snake-eye's recursion and plethora of starters that are also extenders and they do all this while also having a form of removal that most decks have little to no answer to with the ability to bump your board back a row to be effectively locked S/T zones you can't do anything with.

Like with Kasthira previously, the problem with Kash wasn't that they could make The Good Generic Rank 7 Powerhouses it was their zone locking and macro cosmos on legs that also thinned the opponents ED while also making 1-2 generic ED monsters. You can tell that because if just being good at making generic ED monsters alone was enough to make a deck tier one then almost every archetype could probably get there.

I'm making Baronne in speedroid. Often on top of several other archetypal synchros. I'm doing it against Snake-eyes players in MD. It's not enough, and they're not the actual issue that's making snake-eyes so overwhelmingly strong and consistent especially in a Bo1 format.

Hitting the generic tools instead of the cards enabling the incredible power of decks like Snake-Eye (Like, the archetype didn't need bonfire AND Poplar AND Sinful Spoils AND Diabell AND WANTED) is just making every deck worse, and kind of making the problem with tier 0 metas worse, because Snake-Eyes still has as much possibility and powerful bullshit they can do and weaker decks using generic tools to buffer weaker strats are just now on weaker strats. Which, I mean your comment about "but [you] cannot imagine being the sort of person who plays nouvelles but thinks baronne and savage are good game design at any point, regardless of meta." makes it seem like you think I should 'know better' since I play less good decks often so I assume you do as well and I think you'd have figured this out by now yourself. Hell in the list posted you can see I'm running accesscode and Zeus because sometimes, you just need the generic removal to clinch out a W after the resource war that Nouvelle allows, but if you ban Zeus, Zoodiac is going to get along just fine and Nouvelle is going to be much worse for it.

Generic tools are fine, hell a generic negate is probably fine, we're living in the era of hand traps, we're all running negates that cost next to nothing or end combos with a single card quite often.

That being said more archetypes need to get xeno locks at different points in the combo. Different types of locks too. More people should play Abyss actors and learn to puzzle out how much you can do before you're locked into AA monsters or specifically AA Pendulum Monsters while also trying to make Beyond the Pend and Exceed the Pend and occasionally something like Odd Eyes absolute or DDD Machinex.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 13, 2024

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

they printed a tier zero deck that's almost exclusively New Cards so they had to make all of their hits indirect so as not to hurt sales

there is an extremely simple solution for this though and it's something konami already does in duel links: release powerful archetypal cards as easy to obtain or free promos. this pulls double duty: getting cards into the hands of players to encourage them to build the deck, and also gives konami a lamb to sacrifice if the deck needs to be hit quickly in a way that won't strongly impact the sales of new cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Skeleton Mom posted:

they printed a tier zero deck that's almost exclusively New Cards so they had to make all of their hits indirect so as not to hurt sales

there is an extremely simple solution for this though and it's something konami already does in duel links: release powerful archetypal cards as easy to obtain or free promos. this pulls double duty: getting cards into the hands of players to encourage them to build the deck, and also gives konami a lamb to sacrifice if the deck needs to be hit quickly in a way that won't strongly impact the sales of new cards

The OCG Rarity stuff would also help big time. Cards coming in multiple rarities in packs gives chase cards to push sales but also means you can get copies relatively cheap.

It would also stop the TCG basically loving over the player base by making commons into Super or secret rares to try and gas sales. Kashtira Tearalaments still loving pisses me off.

EDIT: Also the Baronne hit isn't even going to slow Snake Eyes down at all, they're just gonna make one of the many level 8's that have a negate instead of the level 10 synchros. I'm glad I bought my Clear wings already at least.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 13, 2024