Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

My issue with Cipher is they should have translated it all as Kinetic and let Kinetic Soldier keep its Kinetic name Kinetic. Physical, so contrasts with Real Kite's light dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Duel Links is really wild.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Huh. Naturia seems like it got good again.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Naturia is crushing it since the last pack and all on the back of three normal cards.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jul 27, 2017

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Naturia being in the game at all was baffling enough to me before I started playing, considering Duel Links doesnt have Synchro. Being meta is downright hilarious.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Anyone else go to the Code of Duelist preview? I managed to pull a Firewall Dragon and a Topologic Bomber Dragon, sold them for $60 :v:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Sadly there are no locals here for Yugioh sneak peaks :( . Will probably pick up some things from this set though, the first cards I've bought since Cash of Rebellions, though :v:

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Pulled Topologic and 2 Lumina Twilightsworn Shamans.

I traded the Luminas for Spellbook of Knowledge(s) and got my Back to the Fronts along with them.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So I'm contemplating getting into this game again(already obtained one of the YGOpro clones to get some practice), what would be a good deck type to get into that isn't too complex, too expensive, and has a strong theme to it?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

ABC is a common beginner recommendation as far as not being too complex goes, and they shouldn't be too expensive since all their key cards come from a Structure Deck. I guess the strength of their theming depends on exactly what you mean by that, but hey they're combining dragon robots, that's pretty neat as far as appealing to one's inner kid goes.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

drrockso20 posted:

So I'm contemplating getting into this game again(already obtained one of the YGOpro clones to get some practice), what would be a good deck type to get into that isn't too complex, too expensive, and has a strong theme to it?

I'd say Skull Servants, with a lot of generic zombie support, and it still operates fairly well under the new link rules.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

drrockso20 posted:

Dinosaurs.

You can get most of their main deck stuff in the newest structure deck (which is pretty cheap), and they're pretty easy to play with a surprising amount of depth depending on the build. They're pretty powerful too, if you decide to get further into the game and try to go meta with it.

Plus, who doesn't want to run all over their enemies with a giant electrical T-Rex?

Vandar fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 7, 2017

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

ABC is a common beginner recommendation as far as not being too complex goes, and they shouldn't be too expensive since all their key cards come from a Structure Deck. I guess the strength of their theming depends on exactly what you mean by that, but hey they're combining dragon robots, that's pretty neat as far as appealing to one's inner kid goes.

Which structure deck is that one?

Julias posted:

I'd say Skull Servants, with a lot of generic zombie support, and it still operates fairly well under the new link rules.

I downloaded a deck build for that archetype on the YGOpro variant I'm playing around with, I'll have to give it a try

Dexie posted:

Dinosaurs.

You can get most of their main deck stuff in the newest structure deck (which is pretty cheap), and they're pretty easy to play with a surprising amount of depth depending on the build. They're pretty powerful too, if you decide to get further into the game and try to go meta with it.

Plus, who doesn't want to run all over their enemies with a giant electrical T-Rex?

Yeah I have the earlier version of that structure deck from the last time I actively played the game, it was pretty fun

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

drrockso20 posted:

Which structure deck is that one?

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Structure_Deck:_Seto_Kaiba

The relevant cards being A-Assault Core, B-Buster Drake, C-Crush Wyvern, Union Hangar and ABC-Dragon Buster.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah I have the earlier version of that structure deck from the last time I actively played the game, it was pretty fun

The newer version is Dinosmasher's Fury and it's well worth the investment IMO.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

drrockso20 posted:

Deskbots are pretty fun, cheap, and have a good amount of generic Machine support for them.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
true king dino needs dragonic diagram, which a playset is like 120 USD
ABC is pretty cheap and powerful, but I've seen some powerful demise variants that also use desires which is pretty expensive also right now, but not for much longer.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

You can still build pure dinos for pretty cheap though.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jade Rider posted:

Deskbots are pretty fun, cheap, and have a good amount of generic Machine support for them.

A bit much bookkeeping if youre not on ygopro tho

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Gave a Skull Servants deck a try in the version of YGOpro I've been using(the Dawn of A New Era branch to be specific), and it's pretty fun

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of, I was going through my stuff and without anything else to do, I took pictures of my collection of cards

http://imgur.com/a/LaQYY

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Man you could have retired by now

Also, cool

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Reprints have cheapened most of those cards though :v:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Does anyone know where can I can find Grinder Golem? It's the only card I need to complete my assholish "banish everything" deck, plus two more Needle Worms because people don't hate me enough, I went to several places in my city that sell bunch of single cards and none had it.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Speaking of, I was going through my stuff and without anything else to do, I took pictures of my collection of cards

http://imgur.com/a/LaQYY
I can't stop laughing at Exodia's crotch

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

OgretailFood posted:

Does anyone know where can I can find Grinder Golem? It's the only card I need to complete my assholish "banish everything" deck, plus two more Needle Worms because people don't hate me enough, I went to several places in my city that sell bunch of single cards and none had it.

I can't stop laughing at Exodia's crotch

Trollandtoad and face2face are the two sites I use to order cards. One of em will usually have what I want.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Charles Bukowski posted:

Trollandtoad and face2face are the two sites I use to order cards. One of em will usually have what I want.
Those sites are good, thanks!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Went and bought the Yugioh game they have for PS4, been fun to muck around with older playstyles in the campaign mode, also I love that they turned that Attack The Moon bit into a real card:3:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

So uh hey the Symphonic Warrior engine is really good.

For those who don't know what it is is, Symphonic Warrior Guitaar is a Pendulum with the effect to discard a card and special summon a Symphonic Warrior from the deck, usually Symphonic Warrior Miccs, which has a double summon effect like Gem-Knight Seraphinite.

The benefits of it over Brilliant Fusion are numerous. It doesn't take any Extra Deck investment, Miccs is a Pendulum itself with a 1 scale so it's less bricky than Garnet, Guitaar doesn't reduce the stats of what it summons so you can ruin things over the with Miccs, Miccs is a Machine so you can use it for Cyber Dragon Nova, you can run Symphonic Warrior Bassess for a level-modulating Tuner for Synchro tech... I'm in love. Basically the only reason to use Brilliant now is if you really need to dump a LIGHT monster.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Brilliant Fusion thins by 2 though.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I'm probably going to have to go back to the Symphonic engine for my WIND/Synchro builds since Speedroids got poo poo on. :sigh:

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

AlphaKretin posted:

So uh hey the Symphonic Warrior engine is really good.

For those who don't know what it is is, Symphonic Warrior Guitaar is a Pendulum with the effect to discard a card and special summon a Symphonic Warrior from the deck, usually Symphonic Warrior Miccs, which has a double summon effect like Gem-Knight Seraphinite.

The benefits of it over Brilliant Fusion are numerous. It doesn't take any Extra Deck investment, Miccs is a Pendulum itself with a 1 scale so it's less bricky than Garnet, Guitaar doesn't reduce the stats of what it summons so you can ruin things over the with Miccs, Miccs is a Machine so you can use it for Cyber Dragon Nova, you can run Symphonic Warrior Bassess for a level-modulating Tuner for Synchro tech... I'm in love. Basically the only reason to use Brilliant now is if you really need to dump a LIGHT monster.

I basically made this exact same post last page lol

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Hjalmar posted:

I basically made this exact same post last page lol

poo poo. :downs: It was, uh, late.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I'm just glad other people love them as much as I do. :guitar:

Probably my favourite deck right now. Pretend the extra deck has Missus Radiant and Decode Talker in it since I haven't been able to figure out which version of ygopro with Links is The Good One.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Duel Links

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Duel Kinks

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

WCS 2017 has concluded. This post is gonna spoil the results and stuff so if you care that much hit back or skim past.

For those who care, but not enough to watch the event or the VODs, the winners are:

Dragon Duels (junior league): Ryan Yu, from Canada, with a Chain Burn deck
Duel Links: Timmy, from New Zealand, with a Pegasus Toon deck, a Kaiba Ninja Beatdown deck and a Tea Mill deck
Main Event: Ryosuke Tsujimura, from Japan, with a True King Dinosaur Yang Zing deck

My personal highlights of the event:

The Dragon Duels finals between Ryan Yu and Rafael Mariano Reich, a really tense match decided by a chain of Reckless Greed into Demise into Duality into Desires into Dark Hole. Yu's build is also really unique.

The Duel Links finals between Timmy and Tutpup, if only because it's really short due to the loser dying by brick twice in a row.

The third place duel of the Main Event between Michael Forner and Marcello Barberi, just because it was a really chill mood. The stakes were low, the players were from the same country, they just had fun! It was so casual they agreed to randomise their side decking, with some great reaction shots when they checked after the duel.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Sorry for the double post, things happened that are largely unrelated - the revelation of a whole bunch of new cards!

I decided when the new thread was made to do summary posts whenever a whole bunch of cards were revealed at once, like the news from VJump. So here I am! I'm not gonna over every card, you can check Ygorg for that, I'm just gonna cover the highlights.

First up, we have the first Link match winner prize cards, Sanctity of Dragon and Iron Knight of Revolution. Notably, they're also the first cards to mention being Extra Linked (the U-shape to take both Extra Monster Zones), and one of them is the first Link-5 monster. Their summoning conditions are 3+ Effect monsters of the relevant monster type, they must be Link Summoned, and they win the match when attacking for game while part of an Extra Link, so that's the prize card template going forward.

More interestingly, we have the first news for the next booster, Extreme Force. Excode Talker is the WIND of Yusaku's archetype, with the effect to lock out a couple of monster zones. They're printing Revolver's completely ridiculous anime nonsense, Fire Prison and Beltlink Wall Dragon. Even more surprisingly, there are new Pendulum monsters, supporting Spell Counters with a retrain of Mythical Beast Cerberus.

While we're on the topic of surprises, the OCG is getting the first Vendread and F.A. cards in Extra Pack 2017 along with the older TCG "exclusives", rather than waiting for the archetypes to be finished. If nothing else, this tells us what F.A. stands for - Formula Athletes.

Finally, we know a few more things coming in the new Counter Fairy structure deck. We got our Sanctuary in the Sky retrain - a Continuous Spell that protects backrow. So much for the one card in the deck that could have still been Agent-related... There's also a ridiculous new Counter Trap that has three different costs at once, but is a Nine Pillars complete with shuffle that also summons a Parshath from the deck or Extra Deck.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 14, 2017

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

The new Counter Fairy stuff sounds cool. I had a Parshath-based LP gain deck in one of the 5Ds video games, so this kind of stuff is really interesting.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

https://ygorganization.com/noblearmsbeatrice/

quote:

Glory of the Noble Knights
Quick-Play Spell Card
You can only activate a card with this name once per turn.
(1) Target 1 “Noble Knight” monster you control; choose 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck that can be equipped to that monster and equip it to that monster.
:siren:Paging Dark_Tzitzimine to the thread:siren:
Sure, I'll just cheat any equip I want out of the deck. Light Laser for a Whiptail effect, White Veil for a backrow nuke, Stoic Challenge to make Arty OTK. Knights without Arms are even Vanillas, so throw in the Phantasm Spiral stuff. This card gives the deck so many possibilities for creative deck-building, I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I am going through the list of equips on YGO Pro right now and it's insane. For more fun, try Mage Power if you have a batch of swords on the field already, Megamorph if you're behind in LP, Rainbow Veil to get rid of a monster's battle destruction immunity for a turn...

There's so many stupid possibilities with this. This is the kind of stupid dumb poo poo that Noble Knights have needed for a long time. I love it. :swoon: