Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

AlphaKretin posted:

https://ygorganization.com/noblearmsbeatrice/

:siren:Paging Dark_Tzitzimine to the thread:siren:
Sure, I'll just cheat any equip I want out of the deck. Light Laser for a Whiptail effect, White Veil for a backrow nuke, Stoic Challenge to make Arty OTK. Knights without Arms are even Vanillas, so throw in the Phantasm Spiral stuff. This card gives the deck so many possibilities for creative deck-building, I love it.

:flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap:

YESSSSSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

So, there's a Legend Duelist 2 pack coming up in the OCG.

NeoArkadia, one of the admins of The Organization, has his own set of forums, and he maintains a rumor thread there, where he posts rumors and leaks from trusted sources. I've been following it for a few years now, and I'd say 90% of what gets posted in that thread actually happens.

In recent weeks, he's posted three sets of rumors about Legend Duelist 2 and the characters that are getting support in the pack. In the order he's posted them:

quote:

Claimed Focus for Duelist Pack: Legend Duelist 2
Duel Monsters:
■ Orichalcos
GX:
■ Manjoume (Chazz Princeton)
■ Judai (Jaden) specifically a focus on Neos
■ Johan Anderson (Jesse Anderson)
5D's:
■ Aki (Akiza)
■ Kiryu (Kalin Kessler)

Reprints:
■ The Seal of Orichalcos
■ Elemental HERO Blazeman

quote:

Focus Characters for Legend Duelist 2 Include:
■ Insector Haga/Weevil Underwood
■ Pegasus
■ Johan Anderson/Jesse Andersen's Crystal Beasts
■ Manjoume Jun/Chazz Princeton's Ojamas

quote:

And now we have 3 different sources claiming the same information:

Legend Duelist 2 Consists of:
- "Bandit" Keith Howard
- "Insector" Haga
- Pegasus J. Crawford
- Manjoume Jun
- Chrono de Medici
- Johan Anderson

Toon Table of Contents & Level Up! get reprinted

So, three sets of rumors from three separate sources. At this point I'd say it's certain that LD2 will have support for Pegasus, Jesse Anderson, THE CHAZZ, and Weevil Underwood. The real fun comes in guessing what exactly is getting supported.

Weevil played generic Insects, but he's most famous for the Ultimate Moth stuff. Pegasus played Toons, but those got a lot of support in recent years already. I'm thinking it might be support stuff for Relinquished/Thousand-Eyes Restrict?

Jesse is Crystal Beasts, that's a give. Chazz is the most interesting though. One of the sources claim he's getting Ojama stuff, but another says the Level Up! is getting reprinted in the pack, which would hint at Armed Dragon support. Maybe both? Maybe Alpha's joke about Ojamarmed Dragon is coming true?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So since the Simulator of my choice(The Dawn of A New Era) is down for the foreseeable future(site got hijacked by malware), anyone got any suggestions for one for me to use, only stipulation is that it has to be an automated one, manual simulators like Dueling Book just aren't any fun to use

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

YGOPro Percy is what most of us in Discord use. We're still waiting for the Link update though.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I haven't used it myself, but YGOPro 2 looks pretty good from PhoenixFlareX's videos.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Dexie posted:

Pegasus played Toons, but those got a lot of support in recent years already. I'm thinking it might be support stuff for Relinquished/Thousand-Eyes Restrict?

Toons might've gotten support fairly recently, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't kill for more. Maybe actually start giving them Extra Deck monsters and/or going beyond GX. Elemental HERO Toon Nes, Stardust Toon Dragon, Number 39: Toontopia...

drrockso20 posted:

So since the Simulator of my choice(The Dawn of A New Era) is down for the foreseeable future(site got hijacked by malware), anyone got any suggestions for one for me to use, only stipulation is that it has to be an automated one, manual simulators like Dueling Book just aren't any fun to use

YGOPRo Percy is basically the automatic dueling simulator. If you wanna use Links, I'd suggest YGOPro 2, which is... literally just Percy, but with Links and a fresh coat of paint.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Well looks like Cardians are another type of deck to add to the list of decks used by people who only like to play with themselves and/or think playing such a deck makes themselves look cool/smart(when in fact it just makes them look like a douche)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Was going to use YGO pro 2, but the updater it uses wants me to update my .net framework and the way it wants me to do that makes me not want to trust it

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Figured out a solution

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Given that the format currently really supports endless extended plays into triple firewall dragon unbreakable boards, I can't find myself all that bothered or threatened by Cardians. Either get used to seeing solitaire turns, play anti-meta decks to slow the opponent way down or switch to playing Duel Links.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Hjalmar posted:

Given that the format currently really supports endless extended plays into triple firewall dragon unbreakable boards, I can't find myself all that bothered or threatened by Cardians. Either get used to seeing solitaire turns, play anti-meta decks to slow the opponent way down or switch to playing Duel Links.

Really wonder what would be the best way to permanently end that sort of thing as part of the game, cause it's just not fun to play against

The four decks I currently use for online playing(Skull Servants, Dinomists, Ancient Gears, and Blue-Eyes) while certainly capable of some heavy duty combos, rarely descend into the asinine shenanigans I have been seeing since I started playing again

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Hitting common combo extenders (instant fusion, brilliant fusion, scapegoat, firewall dragon) would be a start, but players would find other ways to keep their plays going forever. Maxx C used to be a good way to threaten a player against making huge plays, but it's too powerful and swung games almost all the time. There needs to be a more balanced version that limits your opponent's plays but doesn't stop them outright or put you in an automatic win state - maybe something that burns them for 500-1000lp per special summon for the rest of the turn? I don't know, maybe that would be too strong for burn decks since Trickstars are a thing. Again, Duel Links loving rules and is much more balanced and slow if you want to get away from solitaire meta.

Oh, and speaking of, I wouldn't be shocked if the new Weevil support comes in the flavor of one of his more popular skills in DL. A card that shoves three Paracite Paraside in the opponent's deck would actually be kinda neat, or a retrain of that card and Insect Queen.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Hjalmar posted:

Hitting common combo extenders (instant fusion, brilliant fusion, scapegoat, firewall dragon) would be a start, but players would find other ways to keep their plays going forever. Maxx C used to be a good way to threaten a player against making huge plays, but it's too powerful and swung games almost all the time. There needs to be a more balanced version that limits your opponent's plays but doesn't stop them outright or put you in an automatic win state - maybe something that burns them for 500-1000lp per special summon for the rest of the turn? I don't know, maybe that would be too strong for burn decks since Trickstars are a thing. Again, Duel Links loving rules and is much more balanced and slow if you want to get away from solitaire meta.

Oh, and speaking of, I wouldn't be shocked if the new Weevil support comes in the flavor of one of his more popular skills in DL. A card that shoves three Paracite Paraside in the opponent's deck would actually be kinda neat, or a retrain of that card and Insect Queen.

Honestly I can't be bothered with the official games anymore, can't stand the grinding needed to make an even halfway decent deck, especially since more recent games don't even have that option they used to have where you could input the codes on cards to get a copy of them in game

Also I gave Duel Links a try and it's just plain weird even by Yugioh video game standards

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Hjalmar posted:

Hitting common combo extenders (instant fusion, brilliant fusion, scapegoat, firewall dragon) would be a start, but players would find other ways to keep their plays going forever.

As the resident Gem-Knight player, let me say

'no'.

Hit Seraphinite, not Brilliant Fusion. Gem-Knights don't use it anyway, and the deck needs Brilliant Fusion to do anything.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Also I wouldn't really say that a card that locks special summons for the turn is a combo extender. Even ignoring the failure of links to catch on in the face of Zoo/Draco/Dino, Scapegoat doesn't really see much play except in antimeta decks which are built around the slowness (usually to make Borreload for the removal).

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Scapegoat is cropping up all over the place in OCG decks as a three-of staple. It won't be long before TCG catches on.

Also I'd hate to lose Brilliant Fusion or any of those, personally. I like the combo-heavy format. I stopped playing GKs and moved my Brilliants into 50-card Goukis, which uses Zirconia -> Block Dragon to extend combos so it doesn't need Seraphinite anyways.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/ygorganization/status/908580692249935874

:aaa:

LeisureSuit Canary
Dec 27, 2012

I don't know which I'm most pumped about. Like bandit Keith and coin flip are awesome but the other two are awesome and seem more effective.

All the legacy support they've been doing has really helped refocus my interest on the game. So many more deck building possibilities now.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jack Knights look really good.
They're the Links Tellarknights imo.

E:
Ehh theyre not that good but conceptually I like them.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Sep 15, 2017

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

As you've probably guessed, there's another big batch of news, so here I am again to write too many words.

First off, we have the promised Subterror promo, with an effect to search and flip both itself and another monster face-down.

Next is the first batch of news for Legend Duelist 2 that D_T posted, revealing Relinquished support in the form of a Thousand-Eyes Restrict retrain for Pegasus, miscellaneous Insect stuff for Weevil (not to underplay it, it makes Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth playable!), and coin flip support with a Barrel Dragon retrain for Bandit Keith.

We also have a whole lot of cards for Extreme Force, the bulk of two new archetypes. The first is Tindangles, an eldritch FLIP archetype that debuted in the latest episode of VRAINS. The other is Jacknights, the next World Legacy lore theme, based off... columns and rainbows? I guess it's not the first time they've double dipped on themes.

I held off on this post a bit because I was expecting a chance of some news about the LINK VRAINS pack, the one with Link legacy support, but it doesn't look like we're getting that tonight. If you didn't hear, thought, they confirmed Links for BA, Glad Beasts, and Qli.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

TCG banlist is out.

quote:

NEWLY FORBIDDEN
Dinomight Knight, the True Dracofighter
Grandsoil the Elemental Lord
True King Lithosagym, the Disaster
Denglong, First of the Yang Zing
Daigusto Emeral
Zoodiac Broadbull
Zoodiac Drident

NEWLY LIMITED
Ignis Heat, the True Dracowarrior
Miscellaneousaurus
Zoodiac Ratpier
Dark Hole
Gateway of the Six
Interrupted Kaiju Slumber
True King’s Return

NEWLY SEMI-LIMITED
Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning
Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer
Mathematician
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
T.G. Hyper Librarian
Brain Control
Burial From a Different Dimension
El Shaddoll Fusion
Preparation of Rites

NEWLY UNLIMITED
Debris Dragon
Honest
Rescue Cat
Rescue Rabbit
Summoner Monk
Witch of the Black Forest
Charge of the Light Brigade
Dragon Ravine
Wavering Eyes

Exciton is still banned, but other than that, this is a good drat list.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

You know, surprisingly enough, I don't hate this list. The onyl card on here that I actually use that got hit was Emeral, but in exchange I now have 3 Honest, 2 Librarian, 2 BLS, a Gateway of the Six, and Wavering Eyes back at 3. I'd call that a fair trade tbh.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

The Emeral & Grandsoil bans seem to be exclusively to stop FTK decks. And that's... Fine, I guess? FTK is kind of a lousy way to play the game.

What's the deal with Lithosagym?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Hjalmar posted:

What's the deal with Lithosagym?

Dinosaurs. They hit a ton of dinosaur stuff so they could weaken the deck without killing it.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Ah right, I forgot Dinosaurs were an earth-based deck. That makes a lot of sense.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Denglong, a useful card in multiple decks and the closest Synchro has been to meta relevant in a while, is dead over a deck they've made it clear they don't even want to kill. I'm grumpy about banlists again.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

https://youtu.be/ILbgG4-_RFc

Duel Links is moving on up to GX next week. Get hype for Manjoume Thunder and the new Ojama meta.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm deadly curious to see if e-heroes will actually be playable considering the amount of fusion support they dropped in the last pack.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Blazeman has already been confirmed, so I think that's a solid "Heck Yes" on e-heroes viability.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

If anyone hasn't touched Duel Links for a while then you should probably know that they just started dropping obscene amounts of log-in rewards (several thousands of gems, among other things) in tandem with GX getting released.

EDIT: Tearing up ladder with Elemental Hero Heat. I love this game.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 28, 2017

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
So I'm getting a bit burned out with my admittedly terrible half-assed Dark Magician deck. I want to start a new deck but I'm not really sure what direction to go in. I pretty much only play against my brother's Predaplant deck and his Cyberse deck, or my friends Frightfurs. Whats something that isn't too meta and a refreshing change from Dark spellcasters/fiends?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Super Waffle posted:

So I'm getting a bit burned out with my admittedly terrible half-assed Dark Magician deck. I want to start a new deck but I'm not really sure what direction to go in. I pretty much only play against my brother's Predaplant deck and his Cyberse deck, or my friends Frightfurs. Whats something that isn't too meta and a refreshing change from Dark spellcasters/fiends?

Shiranui/Zombies. They're fun as heck.

LeisureSuit Canary
Dec 27, 2012

I've been enjoying gouki. Rematch allows some decent plays. They also mix well with other archetypes. I use spyral resort and super agents to do easier link and xyz plays. The resort also keeps my gouki searches live by sending them back to the deck. You can also splash predaplants. You can set up some different boards off the tour guide one. That one will also set up your rematches if you discard a gouki besides the level 4 for it and xyz the two plants into invoker for the level 4. You can also get into stuff like tzolkin off of a searched instant fusion summoning sea monster Theseus and the level 5 gouki.

Goukis currently have 3 main deck monsters, 1 spell, and 1 link out in the tcg. You could probably get a set of each for 5$ total. They are getting a new maindeck monster and at least 1 new link in circuit break but they should be cheap.

The deck has also had a small presence in japan. That's mainly a build mixed with heroes and brilliant fusion.

LeisureSuit Canary fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Oct 5, 2017

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Hey so, GX format so far in Duel Links is loads of fun. Ojama King's ability to completely lock down the monster zone is hilarious, and Cyber Angels are exactly as broken as they sound like they'd be. There's still lots of people playing Red-Eyes, Zombie, Silent Magician and Blue-Eyes decks, too, if GX anime trash hell isn't your thing. And the occasional rear end in a top hat playing mill or burn.

Sadly Heroes and D-Heroes aren't really in that playable a state yet. D-Heroes would have been something if they didn't have Malicious at 2 and Destiny Draw at 1, but as it stands the only way you can play the deck is some sort of Flute Of Summoning Kuriboh->Multiply->D-Hero Plasma->Win Duel situation.

E:

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Oct 10, 2017

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

VJump summary post - phone posting edition

Security Dragon, as leaked the other day, has a watered down version of Firewall's bounce effect, potentially definitely useful for Grinder Golem shenanigans.

The second Yusaku structure deck (because buy Cyberse) has a FIRE code taller that's like a bargain bin Utopia the Lightning and a Level 1 monster that generates a token on summon, potentially abusable with Kinka Byo

Who cares about that poo poo though because Qli, Glad Beasts, BA, Lightsworn, Crystron and Hieratic all got Links with confirmed effects. The Crystron is amazing generic Synchro support, I'm in love.

Also Chazz has some absurd spells that use Ojamas as cost to support VWXYZ and Armed Dragon, and Ancient Gear got a backrow searcher I guess.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Oct 15, 2017

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
LVP1-JP061 クリフォート・ゲニウス Qliphort Genius
Link Rating 2 EARTH Machine Link Effect Monster
ATK 1800
Links: Bottom Left, Bottom Right
Materials: 2 Machine monsters
(1) This Link Summoned card is unaffected by the effects of Spell/Trap Cards, also this card is unaffected by the effects of other Link Monsters.
(2) Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up card you control and 1 face-up card your opponent controls; negate their effects until the end of this turn.
(3) When 2 monsters are Special Summoned to the zones this card points to: You can add 1 Level 5 or higher Machine monster from your Deck to your hand.

LVP1-JP006 剣闘獣ドラガシス Gladiator Beast Dragacius
Link Rating 2 WIND Winged Beast Link Effect Monster
ATK 2000
Materials: 2 “Gladiator Beast” monsters
You can only use the 2nd effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) If a “Gladiator Beast” you control attacks, that monster cannot be destroyed by that battle, and your opponent’s cards and effects cannot be activated until the end of the Damage Step.
(2) At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card battled: You can return this card to the Extra Deck; Special Summon 2 “Gladiator Beast” monsters with different names from your Main Deck.

LVP1-JP081 彼岸の黒天使 ケルビーニ  Higan no Kurotenshi Cherubini (Cherubini, Black Angel of the Burning Abyss)
Link Rating 2 DARK Fairy Link Effect Monster
ATK 500
Materials: 2 Level 3 monsters
You can only use the 3rd effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) Monsters this card points to cannot be destroyed by card effects.
(2) If this card on the field would be destroyed (by battle or by your opponent’s effects), you can send 1 card you control to the GY instead.
(3) Send 1 Level 3 monster from your Deck to the GY, then target 1 “Burning Abyss” monster you control; Increase that target’s ATK / DEF by the original ATK / DEF of the sent monster until the end of the turn.

LVP1-JP011 ライトロード・ドミニオン・キュリオス Lightlord Dominion Kyrios (Kyrios, Dominion of the Lightsworn)
Link Ratiing 3 LIGHT Warrior Link Effect Monster
ATK 2400
Links: Up, Bottom Left, Bottom Right
Materials: 3 monsters with the same Attribute but different Types
You can only use this card’s name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn.
(1) If this card was Link Summoned: Send 1 card from your Deck to the GY.
(2) If a card is sent from your Deck to the GY: Send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the GY.
(3) If this face-up card leaves the field due to your opponent’s effect OR destroyed by battle: Target 1 card in your GY; add it to your hand.

LVP1-JP091 水晶機巧-ハリファイバー Crystron Halifiber
Link Rating 2 WATER Machine Link Effect Monster
ATK 1500
Materials: 2 monsters (including 1+ Tuners)
You can only use each effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower Tuner monster from your hand or Deck; the effects of the monster Special Summoned by this effect cannot be activated during this turn.
(2) During your opponent’s Main Phase or Battle Phase: You can banish this card; Special Summon 1 Tuner Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck (this Special Summon is treated as a Synchro Summon).

EXFO-JP031 天球の聖刻印 Tenkyuu no Seikokuin (Hieratic Seal of the Celestial Spheres)
Link Rating 2 LIGHT Dragon Link Effect Monster
ATK 0
Materials: 2 Dragon monsters
You can only use the 2nd effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) Once per turn, during your opponent’s turn, if this card is in the Extra Monster Zone: You can Tribute 1 monster you control or in your hand; return 1 face-up card on the field to the hand.
(2) If this card is Tributed: Special Summon 1 Dragon monster from your hand or Deck, and make its ATK and DEF 0.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Ancient Gear got another monster that's unnecessary and boring.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

quote:

Crystron Link mon:

(2) During your opponent’s Main Phase or Battle Phase: You can banish this card; Special Summon 1 Tuner Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck (this Special Summon is treated as a Synchro Summon).

:getin:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Yeah, this is my favorite monster from the batch, I don't even like crystrons, but that's very good, very powerful generic synchro support.

Edit: forgot to mention, but this also gives you a free ghost ogre from the deck to proc during your opponents turn.

Julias fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Julias posted:

Yeah, this is my favorite monster from the batch, I don't even like crystrons, but that's very good, very powerful generic synchro support.

Edit: forgot to mention, but this also gives you a free ghost ogre from the deck to proc during your opponents turn.

"Tuner synchro from the extra deck"
Its a combo extension card and synchro spam enabler.