Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Been playing Super Quants and I noticed a weird quirk with Great Magnus that probably applies to a whole lotta other cards too? Great Magnus’s effect tiers are applied when it has 2+ material, 4+, and 6+, respectively, which I assumed meant “2 or more.” The card effects themselves are grayed out though when I have the number listed, and so I guess those tiers are actually “more than 2,” “more than 4,” and “more than 6”? It’s doubly confusing when I check the actual card and it explicitly says “2 or more.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Well now you can run a third to get the Blue Ranger out more consistently! :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Today in "awkward end of Battle Phases".

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Or an amazing turnaround victory.

I wish the replay woulda let me see what the guy had in hand, but honestly, without a Kaiju or something, I don't know what you could do to overcome Great Magnus and Magna Blaster from a clean board.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

You know, I can’t say I’ve ever found an opportunity to actually use that card as anything but Green Layer discard fodder.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah I think the easiest way out there would be to somehow use my boss monsters as materials as either fusion fodder or kaiju tributes? I also realized that King Magnus could be destroyed by an opposing Magnaliger, but I dunno that most decks should even run that as a splash option.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Ardeem posted:

So far, my favorite out for dealing with combinations of "is unaffected by card effects" and "can't be destroyed by battle" is Underworld Goddess of the Closed World. I realize that a Kaiju or Lava Golem would be cheaper, but I've also had exactly one opponent not scoop the moment she got on the field... and he tried to torrential her and scooped when it didn't work.

I added her to my deck and she came in handy for my promotion duel for Platinum 5, so thanks for the idea! Having her just stop my opponent from trying to pull a Blue-Eyes out repeatedly never got old.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

Well, i guess you could crash your own mech into an enemy but...seems less then ideal in most situations

Yeaaah I'm about to swap those out for some more Danger! cards so I at least have discard fodder that's guaranteed to do stuff.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Is it foolish and reckless going for a turn 1 Great Magnus with 7 materials when my opponent Maxx C's? Yes, but drat its fun seeing if they can come up with something to deal with him.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Speaking of Plat 1, it must be nice to sit up there and play weird builds, like this one from some dude I just played.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Crooked Cook is rude as gently caress.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Holy gently caress I forced the Crooked Cook player to surrender somehow.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Ardeem posted:

Left Shark Crooked Cook isn't immune to being tributed, or piercing damage, and if you manage to summon something else to their side of the field you can punch it right the 700 defense nose.

I was running Super Quants and I opt not to run the trap card that grants piercing damage because I don’t really find many good uses for it. Maybe I should add one so I can loving deal with the Crooked Cook!!!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak_YkMAwRCg

I've never been so thoroughly shut out before.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

Not the least bit surprised that more than half of the video was just a first turn of insurmountable negation setup.

That must have been what, 10+ minutes of just sitting there in real time?

Edit: \/\/\/ - Numerons deserve it.

I genuinely cannot remember, I was like half asleep during this last night, but I was just there waiting for the chance to do anything for a while.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

How did you make it through Duelist Kingdom Red-Eyes vs Barrel Dragon without any fuss, that loaner deck is terrible.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I bounced between a bunch of decks but I'm currently taking the event as an excuse to learn D/D and I'm having a lot of fun with the playstyle even if it is kinda limited with what options I have available.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

There’s a new bot that just wastes your time in a bid to get you to surrender so as not to waste your time. I had like 6 of them in a row on my way up from Gold 2 to Plat 5, I thought I was gonna just get a straight shot up to Plat without any hassle but the last guy was an actual person.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So what decks do people think are going to be good for Highlander

I modified a HERO deck I built for Fusion Fest for this. Not having Verte Anaconda or Fusion Destiny just means that I have less of a focus on DPE and I spent more of my test plays turboing out Malicious Bane.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Dabir posted:

The others seem really hyper-focused on battle. Acid could be good as an on-demand Feather Duster.

If you go into Acid from Absolute Zero, you get a full board wipe too!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Verte's banned in TCG and OCG so its only a matter of time. I guess they wanna let people run Verte with Branded Fusion for a while first.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Sure, but then they probably don't have much they could respond to your hypothetical board with. They don't know you've got a hand of bricks and if they don't wanna sit through your turn, I can see why they'd just scoop.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I’m surprised there hasn’t yet been a Castle of Dark Illusions link monster that has protection for any monsters it points to. Seems like a pretty obvious way to retrain that card and integrate its Duelist Kingdom usage!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Its from the last Maximum Gold set I think?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Awww, I liked FBG for the Rainbow Bridge of Salvation engine. What pushed it over the edge?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Oh now I see. I still don’t like it but now that I know what Tears do with it, yeah that checks out.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Those staple bundles are 100% worth it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Iserlohn posted:

I really don't want to craft 7 UR's for the funny burger deck.

Just of the Nouvelles alone, you could probably get away with 2x field spell, 2x Poissoniere and 1x Baelgrille, saving you 60 UR dust.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nouvelle Dogmatika is an incredible deck.

:yeah:

That’s my favorite variation of Nouvelles and boy is it fun going to locals, serving up some dishes and then pivoting to a horrifying abomination to rip out ED cards.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Change of Heart is at 1, we have Triple Tactics Talents at 3, I think having Snatch Steal at 1 isn't any meaningfully more dangerous.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

EclecticTastes posted:

something prevented Buerillabaise from triggering off of Staff Recipe, please let me know if you can figure out what it was).

The first four Nouvelles courses are worded as “When” triggers, so they are optional and thus, priority passes to your opponent if you try to be proactive about firing off their effects so they have the option to respond and if they do, you have missed the timing and no longer have a window to bring out the next dish. It’s really annoying!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I’ve been waiting for Nouvelles Meat Man for ages now, but I dunno if he’s making it into the set after this upcoming one. As it is, they play a pretty fun control game that’s frustratingly annoying to trigger on your own terms. I run a Dogmatika build because Concours giving your opponent a fusion monster turns on Ecclesia and matrix so you can go insanely hard in generating card advantage and turboing out Alba Zoa. Also being able to send cards from your own extra deck can help seed your own plays; I run Infernoble Knight Captain Roland in the extra so I can send him to the GY with Dogmatika Maximus so he can target and equip himself to a warrior monster on the field at quick effect speed.