Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

• Always explore both ends of each bone pole and rope to make sure to get all relics, damned souls and experience fountains. Same goes with running towards the camera or in the opposite direction the camera points to whenever entering a new room or "scene"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

• the more characters nearby, the stronger your attack will be.
  • Rocks are your friend. Be friends with rocks.
  • Have at least one Source game before installing.
  • Learn to triangulate, and do it to every head statue you can see
  • There is a fan patch that fixes the achievements on the steam forums

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

• There's plenty of ammunition in the game, but switch the weapons from time to time. If you use one or two the whole time, you will run out of ammo for it. While we're at it, the shotgun and the rifle will probably be the two most used weapons. Get used to them both, the shotgun is 1-shotting most things within melee range, while the rifle is really weak, but accurate. Go for full body shots with the shotgun, and headshots with the rifle.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The games forum.com

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

• When given the prompt 'Press A to say 'Who the f**K is Cable?!', you need to press A.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

In Training posted:

1. Dunno
2. Animal crossing?
3. Garrys mod
3. Wind waker
4. Skyrim?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

• There's plenty of ammunition in the game, but switch the weapons from time to time. If you use one or two the whole time, you will run out of ammo for it. While we're at it, the shotgun and the rifle will probably be the two most used weapons. Get used to them both, the shotgun is 1-shotting most things within melee range, while the rifle is really weak, but accurate. Go for full body shots with the shotgun, and headshots with the rifle.

Halo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doom 3

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

In Training posted:

4 is Miasmata for sure.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
- Don't play this turd. Seriously, it's just as bad as everyone says.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

- Being prepared and having the right skills/resistances is more important than raw power, especially against bosses.

- Don't afraid to be versatile. Each character has a pretty specific role and when you're stuck with only one or two you may have to be pick up slack on healing, physical, or magic because the character best suited isn't available

-Don't bother trying to 100% your first time through. You will need to have a guide attached to your hip, and that sucks all the fun right out. Conversely, once you decide you want to 100%, attach a guide to your hip. There are a lot of missable items.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Hmmm the monitor power button?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

its great how many of these are jst "play the game with a guide in front of you"

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
-It's not strictly required to be molested before playing this, but it helps

-It's similar to Dark Souls in difficulty

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Average Bear posted:

-It's not strictly required to be molested before playing this, but it helps

Banjo-Kazooie

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Average Bear posted:

-It's similar to Dark Souls in difficulty

Kirby's Blowout Blast

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

- Pronunciation of names are they way they are supposed to be now. This may be a little jarring.

- You can buy a Pet that will follow you into battle. They include horses for just riding around (I found that two movement skills were more than enough), a tiger, a bear, and other various animal's that will join you in battle.

- You can ride the bear. It is amazing

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lmao

- Do yourself a favor and play it on a sound system that has a subwoofer (if you can) and turn that bad boy all the way up. Those little fuckers that dig (I forget what they're called; I haven't played the game in ages) have a wonderful sound effect as they burrow toward you that sounds fan-loving-tastic with a woofer. It's kind of hard to explain, but you'll know what I'm talking about when it happens.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Plutonis posted:

Lmao

- Do yourself a favor and play it on a sound system that has a subwoofer (if you can) and turn that bad boy all the way up. Those little fuckers that dig (I forget what they're called; I haven't played the game in ages) have a wonderful sound effect as they burrow toward you that sounds fan-loving-tastic with a woofer. It's kind of hard to explain, but you'll know what I'm talking about when it happens.

Digging Enemy ASMR

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

- Night vision is really only functional useful at night.

- If your short term memory is bad like mine then it would behoove you to keep some paper and a pencil around.

- Everyone should be female. Always.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
- If you decide to put points in the Might tree, do NOT invest in Adrenaline Surge. Instead of healing you for 20% health when you drop below 25% like it says in the description, it is bugged and will damage you for 20% instead.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

What bothers me the most about this site is that it's not a bad concept at all, but then inevitably contains 400 specific spoilers or ways to build your character or w/e. I like getting simple advice but I don't need to know where the chipolte sriracha sword is in Darksiders 5

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

• In the menu (press triangle), you can choose what enemy to attack.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

What bothers me the most about this site is that it's not a bad concept at all, but then inevitably contains 400 specific spoilers or ways to build your character or w/e. I like getting simple advice but I don't need to know where the chipolte sriracha sword is in Darksiders 5

Most of it is directly taken from a games forum thread

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
  • If you get lost on the main storyline, look at the map (even if you don't have a map of the area) and follow the red X.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Fungah! posted:

Banjo-Kazooie

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Most of it is directly taken from a games forum thread

lol really?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a megathread where people ask questions and posts paragraphs of crap when you can just google game name + gamefaqs and be in better shape. And they have their own website, and since its 2017, I bet they have their own discord too

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought this was the site that listed all the hardware games either can't or run really badly on

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Dark souls :troll:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

It's a megathread where people ask questions and posts paragraphs of crap when you can just google game name + gamefaqs and be in better shape. And they have their own website, and since its 2017, I bet they have their own discord too

all i want to know before i play a game is if theres a fan patch that fixes bugs or makes it run

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The concept of this website, whether it's real or fictional, makes my blood boil OP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

- Night vision is really only functional useful at night.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Colonel Campbell: Remember Snake, Night Vision is only useful at night!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

trying to jack off posted:

all i want to know before i play a game is if theres a fan patch that fixes bugs or makes it run

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Home

I usually search any new PC game I get on here for this exact reason.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

- There's a hacking strategy that I like to call "Colt 45" (because it works every time). It's slow as hell, but it'll let you hack through targets that outclass you by a fair degree. First,

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Control Volume posted:

- There's a hacking strategy that I like to call "Colt 45" (because it works every time). It's slow as hell, but it'll let you hack through targets that outclass you by a fair degree. First,

Hand the controller over to your dad?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I miss counter strike letting you buy the completely useless NVGs on every map.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

its a shame that this idea has become corrupted beyond redemption. like in some harvest moon games or something it can really help to know to keep 2 turnips for winter or whatever the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Lol

• Locked thread