Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a gay lion named Tangiers
Jul 30, 2013
it's not quite lucid dreaming but it's not quite sleep either

sometimes i get the idea that i can see through my own closed eyelids, but that's mostly when i'm more awake than asleep but still napping. more than that my thoughts just go nuts and i eventually come to in a kind of sweaty way. i very rarely have a good memory of the events but i drat sure know i have experienced them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
Cymbalta / duloxetine gives vivid dreams. Like the most vivid dream you've ever had is the kind of dream I have EVERY NIGHT.

Real life is relatively boring.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
yeah you can see through your eyelids sometimes in the half awake/half asleep state that is an actual thing, ive had it happen a bunch of times in the past few years.

try walking around the house like that and if you can go up to a mirror that's some freaky poo poo.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I always have nap dreams where a bug's crawling up to my face and I flip out of bed IRL.

a gay lion named Tangiers
Jul 30, 2013

Mr. Unlucky posted:

yeah you can see through your eyelids sometimes in the half awake/half asleep state that is an actual thing, ive had it happen a bunch of times in the past few years.

try walking around the house like that and if you can go up to a mirror that's some freaky poo poo.

i have not done that because i am usually paralyzed by way of being mostly asleep but if i get the chance that would be amazing and probably terrifying to experience

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The thing with napping is that I think you're more likely to wake up in the middle of a dream and remember it, whereas sleeping at night, you go into the dream phase and out of it, or wake up and then fall back asleep and forget what you dreamed

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

a hole-y ghost posted:

The thing with napping is that I think you're more likely to wake up in the middle of a dream and remember it, whereas sleeping at night, you go into the dream phase and out of it, or wake up and then fall back asleep and forget what you dreamed

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Somebody just called my name and I woke up.

Or, was it a thump? ... Speaking of which, what the

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I get some wild ones under the starry canopy tbh.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

HOw to nap

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
best way to have killer dreams is to knock back a full bottle of red wine and stay up til like four AM, then go to sleep. All the dunkness and weird tannins and poo poo will give you sleepweirds, plus you'll remember it because you'll have to get up and take a wicked piss at 8AM when the sun is shining into your room like merciless death

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sitting Here posted:

best way to have killer dreams is to knock back a full bottle of red wine and stay up til like four AM, then go to sleep. All the dunkness and weird tannins and poo poo will give you sleepweirds, plus you'll remember it because you'll have to get up and take a wicked piss at 8AM when the sun is shining into your room like merciless death

Yeah it's like you're dreaming you gotta piss and pissing and then you wake up and you're dream is manifest! :v:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
functional alcoholism is a lucid dream i never want to wake up from

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
I get my best dreams Saturday morning, when I wake up at 7, realize I don't have to go to uni, and fall back to sleep. That's when I really have the good dreams.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The best dreams come when you hit the perfect level of drunk. Not drunk enough that the whole world spins when you lay down, but really close to that point. That's when you get the best dreams. Hope that helps OP.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Is it odd that my dreams always neatly wrap themselves up seconds before my alarm goes off?

Once, I even had credits for my dream, set to "Waiting for the World to Fall" by Jars of Clay

HUMANOID ORGANISM
Apr 1, 2017

100% AUTHENTIC
CARBON RICH STRUCTURE

Vinylshadow posted:

Is it odd that my dreams always neatly wrap themselves up seconds before my alarm goes off?

Once, I even had credits for my dream, set to "Waiting for the World to Fall" by Jars of Clay

I think you must have high-budget dreams. The directing and editing are on point and you got licensing for the song.

My dreams are like a misguided indie project that ran out of funds partway through.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Best dreams are when you wake up in the morning and can only go back to sleep for a few 20-30 min stretches at a time and it's really lucid and controllable. I still have some that I remember super clearly that were really neat

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

HUMANOID ORGANISM posted:

I think you must have high-budget dreams. The directing and editing are on point and you got licensing for the song.

My dreams are like a misguided indie project that ran out of funds partway through.
So the Blair Witch Project of dreams as opposed to Apocalypse Now and Schindler's List

At least it's in focus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Am I the only person on earth who still thinks of the Blair witch as the scariest movie ever

• Locked thread