Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I cannot sleep because I cannot wrap my brain around what it must feel like to be a simple shape like triangle or rhombus let alone parallelogram or kaleidoscopic pattern. I strongly feel that on our most basic level these are what we actually are but trying to comprehend an existence or pattern of being that a triangle would have is only filling me w/ cosmic anxiety and I wonder if I appear a basic shape to the beings which we agree must exist at a higher frequency in order to guide our actions and provide us with the voices we attribute to our own brains while discounting the same phenomenon found in all other animals as "instinct" personally I blame the war on drugs for filling the prisons and mental institutions with people that could probably provide valuable insight into what it must be like to be a triangle out in public on the streets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I bet you'd feel strong as heck

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

gently caress off square

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Iakona posted:

gently caress off square

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
You would have an unrational hatred of person man and could kick his rear end in a fight.

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat

Les Os posted:

I cannot sleep because I cannot wrap my brain around what it must feel like to be a simple shape like triangle or rhombus let alone parallelogram or kaleidoscopic pattern. I strongly feel that on our most basic level these are what we actually are but trying to comprehend an existence or pattern of being that a triangle would have is only filling me w/ cosmic anxiety and I wonder if I appear a basic shape to the beings which we agree must exist at a higher frequency in order to guide our actions and provide us with the voices we attribute to our own brains while discounting the same phenomenon found in all other animals as "instinct" personally I blame the war on drugs for filling the prisons and mental institutions with people that could probably provide valuable insight into what it must be like to be a triangle out in public on the streets

being a triangle completely loving owns in every way possible, op. I hope you feel reassured and can sleep. or if you're going a mile a minute trying to work out ramifications then try doing slow, deep breaths. breathe in, count slowly, 1-2-3-4. hold and count, 1-2-3-4. breathe out, 1-2-3-4. hold and count, 1-2-3-4. keep doing that and you'll move on up

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Bad Titty Puker posted:

being a triangle completely loving owns in every way possible, op. I hope you feel reassured and can sleep. or if you're going a mile a minute trying to work out ramifications then try doing slow, deep breaths. breathe in, count slowly, 1-2-3. hold and count, 1-2-3. breathe out, 1-2-3. hold and count, 1-2-3. keep doing that and you'll move on up

Fixed that for you.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i put on my robe and mathemagician hat

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Watch Flatland. The CG section sucks though.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Iakona posted:

gently caress off square

Lol

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Back when I smoked weed as a young college lad it always used to make me see people and things as weird geometric abstractions and it really freaked me out.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
c2 = a2 + b2

HUMANOID ORGANISM
Apr 1, 2017

100% AUTHENTIC
CARBON RICH STRUCTURE
pointy

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Shapes don't feel anything. Hth.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Have you tried LSD, my man?

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Your explanation seems a little...obtuse

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker

Iakona posted:

gently caress off square

It's hip to be square.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
That kind of life is probably pretty flat.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
its not important

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.
you get really bad rear end solos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5qkH9uYkOw

Aryu Kiddimeh
Nov 9, 2012
I could come up with a good hypotenuse for you but what's the point?

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
must be nice

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Cnut the Great posted:

Back when I smoked weed as a young college lad it always used to make me see people and things as weird geometric abstractions and it really freaked me out.

that sounds like good weed

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Les Os posted:

you better guard your balls because you're going nuts

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

What's it like to be a complete idiot op? Everyone but you is smart here. We would like some kind of "trip report' op

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If you take enough acid you'll start "tripping triangles" so to speak and then you'll probably understand.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Triangle man hates particle man

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
OP is here to make bad threads and chew bubble gum. And he's all outta bubble gum :smuggo:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
triangle man would know but the paywall finally stopped him from revealing the secret

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

That's a cute triangle.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...

BUY IT.
I had a philosophy TA who said it was impossible to imagine being a chair, because a chair doesn't experience anything. I said maybe that's what being a chair is like, just nothing. But he said my answer was dumb because then there'd be no difference between being a table and being a chair.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Zorodius posted:

I had a philosophy TA who said it was impossible to imagine being a chair, because a chair doesn't experience anything. I said maybe that's what being a chair is like, just nothing. But he said my answer was dumb because then there'd be no difference between being a table and being a chair.
You should have told him to imagine not being a dumb nerd.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zorodius posted:

But he said my answer was dumb because then there'd be no difference between being a table and being a chair.

Why does that matter?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

COMRADES posted:

Why does that matter?

don't erase the different experiences between table and chair, bigot. They are completely different cultures

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

COMRADES posted:

Why does that matter?

I have been trying to figure that out for years :(

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Zorodius posted:

Shameful. I bet you use the term oriental as well

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Zorodius posted:

actually scratch that call him up right now and call him a dumb nerd idiot. He's probably dead though

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

Blue Train posted:

Shameful. I bet you use the term oriental as well

"Ottoman"? What if they identify as an ottowoman??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

don't erase the different experiences between table and chair, bigot. They are completely different cultures

you don't get to be the good guy after all this

• Locked thread