Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
JCAT NET Card FEMTO

1st ever audiophile network interface

With streaming services becoming the primary way of listening to music and with the shift from standalone computer audio setups to network renderers, the quality of network-related components becomes crucial if one wants to enjoy high resolution music at the highest sound quality.

Ethernet adapter for high-end network audio

Setting up a media server on a PC or using a computer as a network audio renderer (endpoint) is easy nowadays. But the problem with computers is that they were never designed with audio in mind. While there are improvements for USB-based playback available (such as our JCAT USB Card FEMTO or JCAT USB Isolator), the network controller part of a PC remains noisy. JCAT delivers the solution with the NET Card FEMTO – the ultimate network interface designed specifically for transferring high-quality audio over LAN.

The most accurate components

By using ultra-low noise linear power supplies and FEMTO Clock Technology combined with high-end Ethernet controller from Intel, the JCAT NET Card FEMTO ensures maximum network transmission quality. Connect a network audio player, a media server (NAS) or a broadband router to any of the two 1Gbit LAN ports on the JCAT NET Card FEMTO and experience great sound quality improvement when streaming audio data.

Exceptional audio quality

The sound image becomes crystal-clear: transparent, quiet, smooth and yet full of fine details you have never heard before. It will allow you to experience music at much deeper level.

You can use the JCAT NET Card FEMTO to improve sound quality of any network audio player (renderer/endpoint/streamer) when streaming audio data from NAS (media server), from music services such as TIDAL, Qobuz, Spotify etc. or directly from PC music server.

JCAT NET Card FEMTO will also enhance playback when installed in an Audio PC – a computer that acts as a USB Audio transport and connects to a USB DAC – as long as audio data is sent over network from other PC / NAS / media server or from Streaming services.

For JPLAY users looking to elevate performance of their dual PC setups, installing JCAT NET Card FEMTO in both Control PC & Audio PC is most likely the biggest sound quality improvement currently possible. Connect both PCs (JCAT NET Cards FEMTO) directly with a high quality LAN cable such as our JCAT LAN or JCAT Reference LAN Cables and enjoy vast sound quality improvement.

JCAT NET Card FEMTO not only improves sound quality, but also provides increased stability particularly desired with most extreme 700Hz/0.01s DAC Link/PC Buffer setting in JPLAY.

External PSU option

Specification:

• Audiophile PCI Express GbE LAN adapter
• Ultra-low noise linear regulators and filters eliminate noise interferences from PC
• No switching power supplies anywhere
• FEMTO Clock Technology (Crystek CCHD-957) lowers jitter below measurable levels
• Industrial grade components with operating temperature range from -400 to +850
• Enterprise level Intel i350 Ethernet controller
• Gold plated high durability EMI shielded RJ-45 connectors
• Two LAN ports supporting up to 1Gbit connection speeds
• LED-off feature to counteract noise
• Requirements for optional PSU: 5V/1.5A min
• PSU can be supplied from computer PSU via LP4 connector or from an external PSU via 2.1/5.5mm center positive DC jack connector
• Low-profile & full-height laser cut PCIe brackets included
• All x1-x16 lane PCI Express 2.0 slots supported
• Supported operating systems: Windows (all editions) and Linux

The JCAT NET Card FEMTO is available now for 422EUR at JCAT online shop. Ships 2nd half of July. Do not miss it, only 100 cards available in the first batch! Reserve one now: ►http://jplay.eu/jcat/

For customers who would like to purchase x2 NET Cards FEMTO (for Dual PC mode), the price is 800EUR (instead of 844EUR). Ask for the discount via email!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

pram
Jun 10, 2001
:thunk:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

the more JCAT NET Card FEMTOs you buy, the better it sounds!

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

lol

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
realaudio has a warmer sound imo

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 23, 2017

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

this is extremely my jam

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
audiophiles are middle aged men experiencing gradual hearing loss, forever throwing large amounts of money at whoever promises to banish the electronic gremlins that are plaguing them

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blpe_sGnnP4

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
https://www.amazon.com/263-Audioquest-Diamond-Ethernet-Cable/dp/B0073HJVSK

Make sure to pair it with only these cables.

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!
im the network switch

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Standard Linux distributions are designed for running servers or desktop usage. But because of his design, Linux itself have the ability to be a perfect audio solution. We have taken this ability and turned standard Linux in something that is enjoyable to listen. Every little part of it can be crucial for listening. The unnecessary services and daemons, included in standard Linux distributions, have been removed and their negative influence on audio playback made impossible. Printing and some other network services running in background of the standard Linux distributions, use the CPU and memory and are completely useless for audio reproduction.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Gazpacho posted:

...Linux itself have the ability to be a perfect audio solution.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
a final one, you could say

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nothing patches up the gaps in average quality recordings like class A drugs

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
does anyone sell USB control surfaces with wooden knobs for warmer tones?

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
on a level of "purely rebadged poo poo from china" to "they use all the dumb components they claim [yet still useless]", how scammy is this?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
complete bullshit because its still just tcp packets and binary data, how the gently caress is 'jitter' going to affect the sound quality

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
well ofc, that much is obvious

I’m just wondering if they bothered putting the snake oil poo poo in there or just slapped some stickers on some Chinese poo poo and called it a day

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
looks like custom snake oil to me

pram
Jun 10, 2001
its a real thing and its not chinese so probably 'legit' snakeoil

http://www.crystek.com/crystal/spec-sheets/clock/cchd-957.pdf

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i was 50/50 on whether this was a real product or just a stupid garbage joke thread when i read the title

once again i've overestimated the audiophile crowd

it's nice to see those made in canada markings on the cards, though. with oil prices still in the shitter, and roughly 75% of the economy dependent on housing, housing construction, and housing financing, at least we'll have this garbage to fall back on when the whole thing implodes

Jeesis
Mar 4, 2010

I am the second illegitimate son of gawd who resides in hoaven.

pls stop disparaging useful technologies

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

fraud is wrong but i'm ok with this

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Jeesis posted:

pls stop disparaging useful technologies

then how do you propose i cool my fans when i overclock them, smart guy?

Jeesis
Mar 4, 2010

I am the second illegitimate son of gawd who resides in hoaven.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

then how do you propose i cool my fans when i overclock them, smart guy?

Obviously you need to dunk that fucker in corn syrup. It is not like you will notice the smell anyway.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I wonder if dude has special crystals to block all the noise from that crt tv

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

he likely can't hear those frequencies anymore

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i'm the houseplant

quote:

guess i'll just adlib a cooling solution

FPS_Sage
Oct 25, 2007

This was a triumph
Gun Saliva
looking for someone to go in on a 2 pack, i can send paypal

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the streamed source isnt using these so whats the point. Its going to be fuzzy no matter wwhat

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

im the +/- 25 ppm oscillator being advertised as extremely special

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Fauxtool posted:

the streamed source isnt using these so whats the point. Its going to be fuzzy no matter wwhat

snake oil salesman is a time-honored profession

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Fauxtool posted:

have you not seen the powerslave?

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

https://destinationhifi.com/products/hb-powerslave-power-distributor?variant=351586575

loll. I hadn't, thank

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

yeah there's a video from a guy talking about how he was skeptical at first but as he plugged more and more of his components in the soundstage "broadened" and "deepened". he also mentioned he liked to listen to rock music at concert levels so he almost certainly has mid/severe hearing loss

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Silver Alicorn posted:

yeah there's a video from a guy talking about how he was skeptical at first but as he plugged more and more of his components in the soundstage "broadened" and "deepened". he also mentioned he liked to listen to rock music at concert levels so he almost certainly has mid/severe hearing loss

a deaf audiophile would be a really funny short film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

What happens if the band used regular power strips to record the music?

• Locked thread