Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujfDtlEwFBk

That's right, the man himself is BACK and HARDER TO UNDERSTAND than ever!

If I was James Franco I would definitely help produce this turd and double dip on the Wiseau action.

treiz01 fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jul 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
oh wow a bad meme movie nice one op

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

oh wow a bad meme movie nice one op

I just want everyone to appreciate how Tommy boy looks like one of the roach aliens from MiB took over his bloated aging corpse

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Nice edit

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I always wanted to watch "The Room" but I never did

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
is the dude like developmentally disabled or what

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

Buccaneer posted:

I always wanted to watch "The Room" but I never did

It's worth watching one time, if only so you'll get the jokes in The Disaster Artist

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I'm only going to watch one movie

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The best working theory ive heard about the room is that it was a money laundering scheme of some kind. that shady foreigner was up to something

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

moose face posted:

The best working theory ive heard about the room is that it was a money laundering scheme of some kind. that shady foreigner was up to something

I have to wonder what made him write THIS story. Who hurt you, Tommy? I mean, he wrote this as a loving play and a 500 page book first, so he clearly had some kind of passion for the story.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

treiz01 posted:

I have to wonder what made him write THIS story. Who hurt you, Tommy? I mean, he wrote this as a loving play and a 500 page book first, so he clearly had some kind of passion for the story.

lisa. She tore him apart the way only a beautiful slut can

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

moose face posted:

lisa. She tore him apart the way only a beautiful slut can

I love all the scenes where Lisa explains to people how she's going to gently caress Johnny over.
Also,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBhR4QcBtE

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I am fed up with dis woarld

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So they put out a trailer last year for a film that's coming out next year and none of the trailer is in it but you're just supposed to watch that poo poo and wait to watch the film? :catstare:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Tommy, Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy

Tommy

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

I never noticed how fake as poo poo that hair flip was, and I've probably seen this more times than anybody alive.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
The Go Set a Watchman of lovely movies.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Hai doggie! :yayclod:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'll teach you friendship if you want

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

WatermelonGun posted:

The Go Set a Watchman of lovely movies.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
op i thought you was gonna post about Dunkirk

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I think I'd rather eat lead paint chips and slowly die than watch this shitpile

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
gently caress off, Gurf.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

R-Type posted:

I think I'd rather eat lead paint chips and slowly die than watch this shitpile

They're probably fairly equivalent experiences

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
I'm about a quarter of the way through The Disaster Artist and this Friday I'm off to my 2nd audience-participation screening of The Room (no way in hell was I missing after doing it the first time, one of the best screenings I've ever been to), had no idea they were doing another project together.

And...it actually looks like a "real" movie this time, which is surreal since Tommy is still starring. Maybe it'll get a wide release?

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

Agent Escalus posted:

Maybe it'll get a wide release?

If it comes to my town I'll watch the gently caress out of it

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Some guys screams lisa alot, and the world ends.

is that the plot of every movie though?

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

Lime Tonics posted:

Some guys screams lisa alot, and the world ends.

is that the plot of every movie though?

I watched the Room recently because I showed my SO the Disaster Artist movie trailer, and she hadn't heard of it. I completely forgot that Johnny offs himself at the end, what a twist loving ending.

Also I noticed for the first time that Lisa getting Johnny drunk to establish her story about him hitting her is the best piece of writing in the entire film.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
This movie looks awesome!!

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

treiz01 posted:

I watched the Room recently because I showed my SO the Disaster Artist movie trailer, and she hadn't heard of it. I completely forgot that Johnny offs himself at the end, what a twist loving ending.

Also I noticed for the first time that Lisa getting Johnny drunk to establish her story about him hitting her is the best piece of writing in the entire film.

Don't forget the Drug Dealer subplot that's just dropped without any explanation.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

my dog died im sad posted:

Don't forget the Drug Dealer subplot that's just dropped without any explanation.

To be fair that's the whole plot of King of New York and that's a great movie.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
dental plan

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Agent Escalus posted:

And...it actually looks like a "real" movie this time, which is surreal since Tommy is still starring. Maybe it'll get a wide release?

It's wide release in December, the festival circuit has been really positive about it.

I can't imagine they'll give Tommy more than a token appearance. By all indications Franco went out of his way not to make a caricature of Wiseau, probably because they look like they're not aiming to make fun of him.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

looks like wiseau's started to wiseaup

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Why is the character named Chris-R? "Because he is gangster."

Seriously read the book. Even if you don't care about the phenomenon or anything else related to The Room, it's a legitimately good book with a story and side-bits that could NEVER have been made up.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

One of my favorite parts from the book was Tommy's last minute idea that Johnny's Mercedes should be able to fly.

"What? Why the hell would the car fly?"
"Maybe Johnny is vampire."

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I haven't read the book. I figured it couldn't be as funny as the movie, but you guys are making me reconsider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

I haven't read the book. I figured it couldn't be as funny as the movie, but you guys are making me reconsider.

Same, gonna order that on Amazon so hard

• Locked thread