Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe
Good evening my friends! What time is it in the Central Time Zone? You see, I am in Sedona, Arizona, and I was in Lincoln, Nebraska just two days ago. I have not yet determined how the time change worked out, though, because my point of origin was doing DST (Daylight Savings Time) but this state (Arizona) doesn't do that; that is, it is in the standard time system, so it makes a difference. Now normally there would be a two hour difference and it would be two hours earlier here in Arizona than in my previous place in the Midwest. But the DST thing has confounded me. So, if it is say 8:00 p.m. here in Sedona, what time is it in Lincoln, Nebraska?

Thank you so much! By the way, I was banned! It was an "autoban." Does anyone know what that means? I surely hope I have not offended anyone!

LOVE,
VITALIS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I'm not sure what time zone I'm in but it's 11:21 PM hope this helps vitalis.

Love, Vitalis

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
time to get a watch

membranoid
Feb 25, 2001

fart huffer
semen chugger
its time

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Orkin Mang posted:

time to get a watch

brutal

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
its 4:20

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Fun Shoe

Orkin Mang posted:

time to get a watch

My watch conforms with my current time zone, I caved due to peer pressure. Makes you think, though.

LOVE,
VITALIS

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I love you Vitalis

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
It's time to die, OP. Time to die.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Sid Vicious posted:

I love you Vitalis

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
What's got you on the road, Jack?

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Fun Shoe
Eleven posts in, and none of you fuckers have given me a straight answer yet. Vitalis is getting upset.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Vitalis Jackson posted:

Eleven posts in, and none of you fuckers have given me a straight answer yet. Vitalis is getting upset.

Lmao

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Holy poo poo I've never not seen you sign your post with love Vitalis I'm a little worried ill look it up one second

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

It's 10:40 PM my brother

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Can confirm, it's 10:40 PM

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Vitalis Jackson posted:

Good evening my friends! What time is it in the Central Time Zone? You see, I am in Sedona, Arizona, and I was in Lincoln, Nebraska just two days ago. I have not yet determined how the time change worked out, though, because my point of origin was doing DST (Daylight Savings Time) but this state (Arizona) doesn't do that; that is, it is in the standard time system, so it makes a difference. Now normally there would be a two hour difference and it would be two hours earlier here in Arizona than in my previous place in the Midwest. But the DST thing has confounded me. So, if it is say 8:00 p.m. here in Sedona, what time is it in Lincoln, Nebraska?

Thank you so much! By the way, I was banned! It was an "autoban." Does anyone know what that means? I surely hope I have not offended anyone!

LOVE,
VITALIS

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3828149&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post474728846

lol, wtf Vitalis

11:46pm where I am

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Time
Is and allusion

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sid Vicious posted:

It's 10:40 PM my brother

Thank you, my friend! I think I understand the Arizona niche now. I believe that Arizona is not, as I had believed, always on standard time. I think they are always on daylight savings time, even in the winter! This explains much. I am comforted.

I had a "Sid Did It" tee-shirt many years ago when I cut my own hair. The Sex Pistols were a fine band and I listened to X a lot in those times.

I am so sorry, also, that I lashed out. I'll try not to crack again so readily!

LOVE,
VITALIS

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Fun Shoe

myDad posted:

What's got you on the road, Jack?

I am relaxing and restoring, my friend. Today we went to Slide Rock and bathed in the lovely cool waters in the place of the red rocks. Jeep rides were fine, and Sedona is a nice place. Have you been here before? If not, where do you go to rest and find comfort?

Tomorrow we will go to Jerome and hang out at the Spirit Room for a while. Perhaps we will find ourselves in the same place at the same time, in terms of daylight savings time of course.

LOVE,
VITALIS

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Vitalis Jackson posted:

I am relaxing and restoring, my friend. Today we went to Slide Rock and bathed in the lovely cool waters in the place of the red rocks. Jeep rides were fine, and Sedona is a nice place. Have you been here before? If not, where do you go to rest and find comfort?

Tomorrow we will go to Jerome and hang out at the Spirit Room for a while. Perhaps we will find ourselves in the same place at the same time, in terms of daylight savings time of course.

LOVE,
VITALIS

That's great! It sounds familiar, but I don't think I've visited, maybe passed through. I find comfort in routine, but I went to an art museum this weekend & it was pretty cool. I got to play a song on bottles of water & take home a photo copy of a statue.

Hope you are fully restored; keep on keepin', Jack!

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

good to see vitalis posting.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Oh my gosh. I just looked at the clock and it is time to get ill. Thanks for the reminder.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Vitalis Jackson posted:

still laughing at this

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Sid Vicious posted:

I love you Vitalis

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Central Time zone is the superior time zone

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Four-thirty. It's not late, it's not early.

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

Sue Eastside posted:

It's time to die, OP. Time to die.

~all these posts like tears in the rain~

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
op this thread was worth as much of an autoban as my autoban was: not much

be careful with thread tags friend

on the awful app it doesn't remind you so in my case I used hot

also it's time to sleep

goodnight goon

That Robot fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jul 26, 2017

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
It is 12:53AM (ante meridian) in God's one true time zone: Eastern

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Skypie posted:

It is 12:53AM (ante meridian) in God's one true time zone: Eastern

I guess we're enemies now. Your time zone is garbage m8.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

...and the pitch! posted:

I guess we're enemies now. Your time zone is garbage m8.

*leans in to mic, sniffs*

WRONG

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The East Coast is the least coast.

Also Atlantic Salmon? Come on. That fish doesn't stack up.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Time O'Clock

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
it is still 10:40 op time has stopped in lincoln

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

It's game time!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Adventure Time hasn't been relevant for years, OP.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoopfp5iaKw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
spring ahead, fall back. hope this helps op.

• Locked thread