Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Rosa Louise McCauley Parks (1913 – 2005) was an African American civil right’s activist and seamstress whom the U.S. Congress dubbed the “Mother of the Modern-Day Civil Rights Movement”.

Parks is famous for her refusal on 1 December 1955, to obey bus driver James Blake’s demand that she relinquish her seat to a white man. Her subsequent arrest and trial for this act of civil disobedience triggered the Montgomery Bus Boycott, one of the largest and most successful mass movements against racial segregation in history, and launched Martin Luther King, Jr., one of the organisers of the boycott, to the forefront of the civil rights movement. Her role in American history earned her an iconic status in American culture, and her actions have left an enduring legacy for civil rights movements around the world.

Feel free to add your own important woman from history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Gbs hates women

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Over There posted:

Gbs hates women

All the more reason we need this topic

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Eve

she sentenced us all to a life of misery, the same as modern women

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Ride The Gravitron posted:

All the more reason we need this topic

Hahaha that av. drat you made someone mad.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Eve

she sentenced us all to a life of misery, the same as modern women

Looks like the gays come out on top for once :smug:

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Bloody Mary was born a spooky ghost who haunted bathroom mirrors. However, after going to ghost culinary school, she went on to launch a successful franchise of cocktail drinks that taste like pizza sauce.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Marie Curie (1867 –  1934) was a Polish scientist who won a Nobel prize in both Chemistry and Physics.  She made ground-breaking work in the field of Radioactivity, enabling radioactive isotypes to be isolated for the first time. During the First World War, Curie developed the practical use of X-Rays; she also discovered two new elements, polonium and radium. Her pioneering scientific work was made more remarkable because of the discrimination which existed against women in science at the time. She was the first female professor at the University of Paris and broke down many barriers for women in science

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Quote is not edit and I'm a godamned mentally challenged

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Mad over GBS lol.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Me. I shared memes with others and was a real influencer in the shaping of the internet and young minds and will be until my untimely death. At the hands of a male, most likely, because they are most important for murdering people (Hitler and Stalin and Genghis Khan are the most popular guys vs some vaccines creators). That's the real #redpill.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Marie Antoinette never became the head of a major corporation.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Helen of Troy for launching a thousand shits with her face. Or ships maybe, I don't know?

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

the lady who killed her sister while instagramming and driving

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Your mom.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

Chomp8645 posted:

Marie Antoinette never became the head of a major corporation.

Marissa Meyer who did become the head of a major corporation

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Seo Ji-soo AKA "ToSsGirL"

Seo Ji-soo (born 21 May 1985) is a former professional StarCraft player from South Korea who played under the alias ToSsGirL[1] (Terran, STX Soul) and referred to as the "Queen of Terran".[2] On, July 17, 2012, Seo Ji-soo officially retired[3] from pro gaming and she is now running a cybermall called 'tossgirl'

Tossgirl was first introduced to Starcraft by her father in 1999, and she and her sister Seo Ji Seung "ZergGirl" both started to play avidly. Her continued practise has been attributed to her wanting to compete and win against her sister, and after accomplishing this, Tossgirl switched races from Protoss to Terran.

She continued to play StarCraft and was fascinated by the professional tournaments on T.V. At 16, after seeing BoxeR play on TV, she decided that she wanted to become a professional gamer. When she told her dad, he said he wished he had never introduced her to StarCraft. However, she continued to play and would sneak out at night to play in local tournaments around Seoul.

In 2001 at age 17, ToSsGirl qualified for the female WCG tournament and showed good standings in preliminary rounds of other tournaments. The next year, ToSsgirl got into her first major competition which was hosted by Ghem TV. She was able to get into the top 8 twice and by doing so she became qualified to receive her professional gaming License. From there, she was picked up by the STX Soul professional gaming team where she has remained since.[4]

In 2003, she was able to win the gameTV female league and also made headlines by beating FreeMura, the first OSL winner, in minorleague (he then retired). She subsequently won the gameTV female league in 2004 and in 2005. In 2005, Tossgirl also beat [NC]YellOw in the WCG preliminary round.[4] At this time, [NC]YellOw was considered one of the top professional gamers.

After the disappearance of female leagues in late 2005, Tossgirl has continued to play in regular tournaments with limited success. Her most prominent victories in recent years have been beating Modern 2-0 in the GomTv Classic, the first win by a female in a KESPA sanctioned tournament and in 2009 she was able to beat Max in the MSL Preliminary round.

In 2009, she played in e-Stars Seoul StarCraft Heritage League 2009. After a dramatic loss in first game against Yellow, she defeated Reach in her second game,[4] which was a substantial upset. In the 2010 Spring OSL preliminaries, ToSsGirL beat GoRush, one of the top players from 2001-2004. However, she later lost to Stats in the preliminaries.

Ji-soo was considered one of the 15 highest paid female professional video gamers in the world.[7]

She retired in July 2012.[8]

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the women who wrote a dogs purpose

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyudmila_Pavlichenko

“Gentlemen, I am 25 years old and I have killed 309 fascist invaders by now. Don’t you think that you have been hiding behind my back for too long?”

quote:

Liudmyla Mykhailivna Pavlychenko (Ukrainian: Людмила Михайлівна Павличенко; July 12, 1916 – October 10, 1974) was a Red Army Ukrainian Soviet sniper during World War II.[2] Credited with 309 kills, she is regarded as one of the top military snipers of all time[3] and the most successful female sniper in history.[4][5]

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
shaun. hes the best guitar player i know and he says hes a girl now

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
Hillary Clinton for assuring the fall of America.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
my mom for helping to make the best poster these dang forums have ever seen (:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

my mom for helping to make the best poster these dang forums have ever seen (:

shes an angel

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Jennifer Doudna

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

quote:

Madame Ching or Ching Shih (1775–1844) (simplified Chinese: 郑氏; traditional Chinese: 鄭氏; pinyin: Zhèng Shì; Cantonese: Jehng Sih; "widow of Zheng"), also known as Cheng I Sao (simplified Chinese: 郑一嫂; traditional Chinese: 鄭一嫂; "wife of Zheng Yi"), was a prominent pirate in middle Qing China, who terrorized the China Sea in the early 19th century. She personally commanded over 300 junks manned by 20,000 to 40,000 pirates—men, women, and even children. She entered into conflict with the existing empires of the time, such as the British Empire, the Portuguese Empire, and the Qing dynasty. She was one of the few pirate captains to retire from piracy and is considered to be the most successful pirate in history.

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jul 26, 2017

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

thats shauns new name. i don't know why he made his last name a pun. he shreds without a pick.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
I saw Ila Borders pitch so I'll say Ila Borders

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
The girl with the real big honkers.

U know the one I mean ;)

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Looks like the gays come out on top for once :smug:

Lol is that the guy who tried to cut his own head off with a saw?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Timmie Jean Lindsey became the first woman to receive breast implants In 1962.

The one that invented pastries.

Abe Lincoln's mom.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Chrisann Brennan

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Ada Lovelace. You probably know her as the "OMG the first computer programmer was a lady!!!" blurb you saw on a Facebook post at one point, and that is true... but the whole story is much more interesting.

See Ada's dad was famous too- she was the daughter of Lord Byron, the great English poet. He abandoned his family to go fight in the Greek war of independence and as a result his ex got reeeeeally vindictive and decided her daughter would never ever learn about that bullshit art and culture crap Lord Deadbeat was all about. So the kid had math ground into her head from day one and the rest is history.

So yeah, whenever you run a computer program, remember where the whole idea originated: men abandoning their responsibilities and women holding grudges. History is fun!

murex
Apr 30, 2009

by Lowtax
Jiang Qing disliked the first Prime Minister of the People's Republic of China so much that she had his children adopted and tortured to death.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Lawrence of Arabia, Jaws, Bonnie and Clyde, Goodfellas, and Pulp Fiction were all edited by women (Anne V. Coates, Verna Fields, Dede Allen, Thelma Schoonmaker, and Sally Menke, respectively).

Also, most editors and writers during the silent era were women.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
It's unfortunate how all of these snipers and pirates and poo poo never had kids. Warring and marauding appears to be a less rewarding profession for the fairer sex, I'm afraid to say

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I wish I had a sniper girlfriend

She could take care of my enemies

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

I saw that movie! I can't believe she ate the whole thing!

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
They must have let some of the concubines live in a garden or something. They probably did something cool with their time. Some set up religions and polyandrous societies like the male concubines have done more prominently so far.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Egbert Souse posted:

Also, most editors and writers during the silent era were women.

Yeah, editing film was considered "like sewing".

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

My mom is very important to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Yeah, editing film was considered "like sewing".

Up until the mid-20s, most editing was done by hand on benches with lights and scissors.

• Locked thread