Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
It wasn't a game so much as a simulator. You basically choose what country to be born into and what demographic you fall into. Then you follow your character's path to success (or death) based on the choices they made.

The trick to all this is that these events are generated using real life statistics. Like you would do relatively well in a first world country born into a rich family. But goons being goons, everyone rolled war orphans that died of whooping cough at age 9.

I vaguely remember getting some girl out of poverty but then she lost an eyeball from an office job accident and then later died from a hemorrhage decades later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
simcity 2000

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

World of Warcraft.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
turn your monitor off

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Real Lives?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Dicky B posted:

Real Lives?

I think this is it

http://www.educationalsimulations.com/products.html

E: nvm that other link might be :filez:

a bone to pick fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jul 27, 2017

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?lowtaxico

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Dicky B posted:

Real Lives?

Holy moly that's it

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

IRC the only way to actually succeed in that game was to immigrate to Europe or the US(I don't remember if you got beat up by some nazis once you got there). Trying anything else was just bullshit. Grinding dirt for next to nothing all your life, till you die at age 50. No escape out of poverty possible, ever.

Being born in any developed country was absolute easy mode. Just do good in school, pick a good major in college and make mad cash. Live happily to be 80. No serious illnesses, violence or any other poo poo to worry about. You had to be playing really, really bad to fail in easy mode. Had to be a total fuckup of a human being.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

IRC the only way to actually succeed in that game was to immigrate to Europe or the US(I don't remember if you got beat up by some nazis once you got there). Trying anything else was just bullshit. Grinding dirt for next to nothing all your life, till you die at age 50. No escape out of poverty possible, ever.

Being born in any developed country was absolute easy mode. Just do good in school, pick a good major in college and make mad cash. Live happily to be 80. No serious illnesses, violence or any other poo poo to worry about. You had to be playing really, really bad to fail in easy mode. Had to be a total fuckup of a human being.

I get it mom, Christ get off my back

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I played it for a few minutes then angrily turned it off since it rolled me a character with epilepsy, which I already have.

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

Isn't it funny that we made a life simulation inside our life simulation?

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I remember one time I played that where I was born in Russia and became an internationally-famous dissident intellectual who got married in his eighties and died at some crazy age like 103 after being jailed something like eight times for speaking out against the government.

I never played it again after that because I felt like I'd basically beat the game

• Locked thread