Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
what are people doing to end up with smashed screens on they drat iphones. i've had mine for like 2 years and dropped it a few times but its fine. i'm guessing with women maybe it's from being in a purse and having other stuff slam into it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A lot of people do it on purpose. It's the millennial version of a bad rear end scar

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
They drop them. Close thread.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...m=.0412d41f793a

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
That's not real. Those kids just can't afford a new one and make up jokes and posture to feel better about it and 100% would accept a brand new phone.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I suspect they do it so their parents have to buy them a newer one

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
idk i have a naked 6p and it looks as fine as when i got it over 6months ago

i guess just remember that ur shiet cost lots and be mindful to take care of it and treat it as it were ur child??

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
My iPhone 5 fell on a beer bottle and cracked. I've had zero issues with newer iterations however.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What's that phone that people were bending the moment they took it out of the box

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Riptor posted:

what are people doing to end up with smashed screens on they drat iphones. i've had mine for like 2 years and dropped it a few times but its fine. i'm guessing with women maybe it's from being in a purse and having other stuff slam into it?

The Seinfeld episode that your av is from is on right now.

Anyway, anytime that I've broken my phone, it was because it wasn't in a case. I had a 5 I think that I was trying to dock onto a boombox and it literally just tipped over and landed face first from a height of 0 inches and shattered the screen, but I've dropped my other encased phones countless times from absurd heights and never had a single issue.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've had an iPhone since the first one came out and never used cases. Didn't break one until the 6 but I sure did smash the gently caress out of it, twice.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
I crack phones with my tight asscheeks & then sell them for a hefty markup

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i've had a naked 6 for several months and i've dropped it several times from varying heights and it's fine but now that i've said that it's gonna break soon and i'll finally be cool

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

the good fax machine posted:

but I've dropped my other encased phones countless times from absurd heights and never had a single issue.

same. i've broken the glass screen protector on mine a few times (highly recommend those since they're a few bucks), and just have a fairly cheapo shell case off amazon and dropped that thing so many times in the field. i've dropped it into bentonite-slurry mud rotary tubs, down in borings, rocks, and hard surfaces from high up and it's kicking fine. iphones are some p loving indestructible devices, with a case at least.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also one time the phone slid out of my pocket at the exact time I was closing the car door, and got smashed in the door frame. That time was really hosed up, what are the drat odds

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
the doctor with his forceps

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Cars. some people leave them on top, some people close their door on them.

Water. Pools or beer.

Anger. people get reactive when angry

Carelessness. you didn't buy the phone nor will you be the one to replace it.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
very carefully

Shrap
Feb 7, 2009

Mariana Horchata posted:

idk i have a naked 6p and it looks as fine as when i got it over 6months ago

i guess just remember that ur shiet cost lots and be mindful to take care of it and treat it as it were ur child??

Yup. Only reason I have a case on my 6p is it's a slippery little fucker. Dropped dozens of times, just minor dings on the frame edges.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's even worse all the people dropping their phones in the toilet.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I just happen to frequently encounter circumstances where someone shoots me but the bullet hits the phone, saving my life.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Brother has broken or lost 24 phones. His last one he had for 2 days and it was the new iphone. We were driving back from the reserve and he spilt some Powerade on it and it was hosed. Supposedly this iPhone is water proof for 30 minutes underwater but a few drops of Blue Crush bricked it.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Shrap posted:

Yup. Only reason I have a case on my 6p is it's a slippery little fucker. Dropped dozens of times, just minor dings on the frame edges.

yea felt m8

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."

emoji posted:

They drop them. Close thread.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I replaced the digitizer on my first iPhone twice cause I was too cool for a good case.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

the good fax machine posted:

The Seinfeld episode that your av is from is on right now.

Anyway, anytime that I've broken my phone, it was because it wasn't in a case. I had a 5 I think that I was trying to dock onto a boombox and it literally just tipped over and landed face first from a height of 0 inches and shattered the screen, but I've dropped my other encased phones countless times from absurd heights and never had a single issue.

I also watched that episode when it was on

The Wurst Poster
Apr 8, 2005

Literally the Wurst...

Seriously...

For REALSIES.

My Iphone broke because:

◦ I got angry at losing at some crappy micro transaction game and "dropped" it against the wall
◦ I tried to take a bite out of it to gain its power
◦ The hammer app I downloaded didn't turn my phone into a hammer
◦ Impromptu butt plug indecent
◦ Despite what my boyfriend said, Iphones apparently aren't bullet proof

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

If I read the thread and find more than three posts about how some jerkoff had their phone for a decade and anyone whose phone is broken is a careless slob do I get a prize

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

romanowski posted:

i've had a naked 6 for several months and i've dropped it several times from varying heights and it's fine but now that i've said that it's gonna break soon and i'll finally be cool

I gave your mom a naked 6 for several months

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Not an iPhone but I had a Google Nexus & jumped out of bed crushing it underfoot

Now I have a few iPhones from hand-me-downs in case one breaks

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Riptor posted:

I gave your mom a naked 6 for several months

Lol

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
a while back i was at dinner with friends and acquaintances and the only person with a broken phone screen was the girl unironically saying cases and screen protectors were stupid

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
you have to drop them on cement, which is outside

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I've had my iPhone 5S for almost 4 years now and it's in great condition despite never using a case and dropping it on concrete a couple of times. Battery life is starting to go on it a bit though.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I've never dropped my phone. Not never. And if I'm outside of the house I never even set it down on any sort of hard surface. It's always either in my front pocked or in my hand.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I went thru like 3 galaxy note2's that would just crack for no reason in my pocket. Switched to g4 and now g5 and they have been indestructible. LG is good, friends.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i had a google nexus 4 with glass on both sides good loving luck not breaking that thing

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Ya drop 'em, op

Or ya step on em

Hope this helps

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

what are you doing with your phone where you end up stepping on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I've had 5 phones in the last 20 years, when I got my first one. All of them are in working condition.

I mean, do you guys like go outside and stuff? That's bad for you.

• Locked thread