Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Joe Montana Division Won Last Year
Wooo!
People who vote "Wooo!" are wrong people
No checkbox? Voted you suck
I don't play in this league but I'm going to vote anyway
View Results

• Locked thread
JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I'm making a Friday the 13th Reference on my way out. Only way to do it IMO.

It's once again time to face fantasy hell with the 20-team fantasy league! Enjoy the struggles of having to select between Spencer Ware or Mark Ingram for your RB1 for your win-or-go-home game against the guy starting Josh McCown. Silently weep yourself to sleep over the fact that if you had only taken a DEF before you decided to take a backup WR, you'd be dominating the league.

:siren: CURRENT DRAFT IS LISTED AT Sun, Aug 27, 2016, 9PM EASTERN TIME :siren:

The 20-team fantasy league enters its NINTH (kill me now) season this year, and as any of the vets can tell you, it is a BLAST. To the vets (and former members), please make sure you claim your spot soon. Last year we (I) decided to stop doing the crazy way the wait list used to be done and it's just being kept in perpetuam. I don't care enough to do it any other way.

:siren: LITERALLY ALL THE RULES ARE HERE, READ THEM :siren:
(no, veterans, there is no hidden prize this year, I promise)

:siren: Members :siren:
Priority goes to the 18 lucky gents (and 2 gals) who got into the league last year. These guys will have til about Aug. 11th to tell me IN THIS THREAD that they are going to participate (even if you have already through PM/in the season 5 thread). I am not psychic, and I really don't keep up with HILARIOUS FORUM JOKES, so I do not know if you've changed your username, so you know, lemme know if you did that. Also, if you're changing your team name, tell us so we can update the OP. IF YOU ARE A RETURNING MEMBER, ALSO POST IN THE LEAGUE PAGE TO CONFIRM YOU CAN ACTUALLY READ.

Second priority goes to wait list people. There's no more games with having to post within the three day window like last seasons. I'm too old to deal with that poo poo. If you were on the wait list from last year, you're below. If you want to be added to the wait list, post and I will add you first come first serve.

:siren: Scoring :siren:
This can be debated, but I think we've settled on the scoring. Return yards have worked very well for the league's depth, particularly for the D/STs. For quick reference, here it is:

BREAKDOWN
The draft *does* take time, but really the roster is smaller than most. Most people seemed happy with the way the rosters were last year, but we are always up for debate to expand it (contracting is out of the question). Last year, we voted to expand the rosters to:

QB, RB, WR, RB/WR/TE, RB/WR/TE, TE, D/ST, K, 5 BE, 2 IR

DRAFT
We will be doing a live draft again, and the less said about the literally day-long offline draft we did during season 1 the better (so don't loving ask to do an offline one). I'm amenable to changing the draft date *a little*, but I really want to keep it as is unless too many of us miss it. Please plan your schedules accordingly. Set your rankings, and get a friend to draft for you if need be (better option).

Draft order will be randomized after the league is officially filled. IF YOU TRADE DRAFT PICKS BEFORE THE DRAFT ORDER IS DETERMINED, THESE WILL BE RESET.

LEAGUE SCHEDULING
I have yet to set up the schedules. As the vets know, this takes me time to do... I'm a lazy sack of poo poo and often wait til opening Thursday to do it.
your schedule will look like this:
-8 division games
-3 conference games
-2 OoC games

We keep the same divisions, as always. Dan Marino division - best division. If a division wants to change their name, lemme know. The AFC and NFC conferences will be placed on other ends of the real playoffs when the time comes. If you can't understand which is which, :frogout:.

PLAYOFF BERTHS

I could have sworn I had a section on this, but since I am asked this every year, I'm putting it in the OP. :siren:IGNORE THE ESPN PLAYOFF BERTHS, THEY ARE WRONG.:siren: The playoff berths are determined using the ACTUAL RULES THE NFL HAS. In some cases, I skip a tie-breaker, like "margin of victory", because you cannot control how the other team scores.

SEASON 9 WHACK-A-DOODLES:

code:
SA Name                    TEAM NAME
JetsGuy                    Nashville Oilers
Silly Burrito              Striving for Mediocrity
*commish                    Baller Status
Eltoasto                   Spinnin' Frennys
halonx                     Wisconsin Cows
jabro                      Deflated Bush
Diqnol                     Discount Double Champ
darkwolf220                Seattle Fraisers
braksgirl                  Taco Tuesday
Power of Pecota            Akron Peppercorns
Pain of Mind               San Francisco PoM
tadashi                    Blank's Banks
*Dubious                    Got em in the nuts once I noticed
tuckfard                   RATED R SUPERSTARS
*MikeyKins                  Inglorious Staffords
bbf2                       Jameis's Crab Legs Emporium
chrix                      Naptown Sleepers
*JuicedSixFo                Zoltan Mesko
Baldrash
pmchem                      Chem's Crusaders
(*ed guys haven't posted in the league page yet)
(^ed guys HAVE posted in the league forum, but haven't recently posted here)

LAST YEAR'S FOOLS WHO HAVE NOT YET SIGNED BACK UP

code:

WAIT LIST

code:
cheese
Lock
RETIREES (pour one out}

code:
SA Name                    TEAM NAME
3 DONG HORSE               Mouth Breathing Retards
Metapod                    erotic smashmouth
LINKS FOR THE LAZY:
http://games.espn.com/ffl/leaguesetup/settings?leagueId=524484

HALL OF HONOR:
Season 1: J-City Rockstars [Joe Montana Division]
Season 2: bbf2, Plaxico's Hand gun Emporium [Dan Marino Division]
Season 3: bbf2, Stevie J's Hand gun Emporium [Dan Marino Division]
Season 4: JuicedSixFo, Zoltan Mesko [Dan Marino Division]
Season 5: Chrix, Naptown Sleepers [Bart Starr Division]
Season 6: Braksgirl(a.k.a Mrs. Burrito), Taco Tuesday [Dan Marino Division]
Season 7: Commish, Baller Status [Joe Namath Division]
Season 8: Double Discount Champ[Joe Montana Division]

LEAGUE HISTORY:
Season 8 - The Thing Still Exists?
Season 7 - What the gently caress is Wrong With Us?
Season 6 - Still Not as Tough as the SEC
Season 5 - The Only Place Dan Marino Gets a Ring
Season 4 - Bounty Programs Aint Crazy Y'all
Season 3 - More Nuts than CBA Arguments
Season 2 - Still loving Nuts
Season 1 - Let's Go Nuts

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Aug 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
placeholder post

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Hot drat, it's back! :dance:

This is the year I finally win the whole thing. I'm sure of it.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
:siren: THIS WILL BE MY FINAL SEASON RUNNING THIS THING. :siren:

We've had fun y'all, and I'm happy to hand it off to someone else and still play in it, but I'm burnt out on running it. I'd like it to go to someone who has been with us some time and preferably someone who poo poo talks in the thread and keeps things going. A big plus would be someone who is dedicated to keeping this thread politics free. We've been great at it the last 8 years, but now more than ever we need a place where we can poo poo talk about sports without people bringing in political bullshit.

That's all. Let's make this year awesome

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I just got through PMing the league. I'm sure y'all have other leagues with some of our peeps harass them if you see them.

As always the only one I couldn't pm was Juiced. Hopefully he drunkenly stumbles in again

Also for the first time in years I think I got everyones username and team right to start the season!

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Bitches.

Where's juiced?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

commish posted:

Bitches.

Where's juiced?

I forgot why you got that avatar, but it's still great.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I'm back for this insanity once more!

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
In honor of this being my last season running this, I'm returning to my original name of the Nashville Oilers

Silly Burrito posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782123&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=9#post467571711

commish posted:

Bitches.

Where's juiced?

post in the damned ESPN forum too you know better

Eltoasto posted:

I'm back for this insanity once more!

added

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Someone in the league bought it for me, and I'll love them forever for it. It's so good.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

commish posted:

Someone in the league bought it for me, and I'll love them forever for it. It's so good.

Eltoasto did. Try to keep up, mister former champion

commish
Sep 17, 2009

JetsGuy posted:

Eltoasto did. Try to keep up, mister former champion

You're right. I also forgot my dad's birthday. I can't remember poo poo.

Toast is my favorite person in the league.

halonx
May 4, 2005

I am back. I'll keep the lamest team name alone. This year I hope to break .500 again!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Then I've already won!

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
If Juiced doesnt come back, Commish has free reign... I cannot believe juiced will allow that.

Also if an alternative to XtraNormal has popped up in the last year, that'd be great.

halonx posted:

I am back. I'll keep the lamest team name alone. This year I hope to break .500 again!

Added.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 32 minutes!
Back again.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Your soon to be repeat champion has repeated his signup.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

In it to win it. Or to not finish last!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

This bitch is back.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm back, fuckers!

JetsGuy posted:

It's once again time to face fantasy hell with the 20-team fantasy league! Enjoy the struggles of having to select between Spencer Ware or Mark Ingram for your RB1 for your win-or-go-home game against the guy starting Josh McCown. Silently weep yourself to sleep over the fact that if you had only taken a DEF before you decided to take a backup WR, you'd be dominating the league.

I think every hypothetical fake starting lineup choice pales in comparison to the season 4 championship quarterbacks being Christian Ponder and Chad Henne.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Whats the worst that can happen?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I checked in.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
back to be the token gal

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Dubious posted:

back to be the token gal

My vagina says otherwise.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
This league is one of the more long term items in my life. I'm not sure what that says about my life.

Back in as always! I'd offer to take over but I'm pretty forgetful and flaky about real life stuff, so I'd hate to do that to internet strangers.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

My vagina says otherwise.

Fight! Fight! Fight!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 32 minutes!
It will be worth it get another Braksgirl poo poo talk video. That other guy is still recovering from the last one.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Trust me, you do not want her to be angry at you.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Who me? Why, I am a delicate flower.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

tuckfard posted:

This league is one of the more long term items in my life. I'm not sure what that says about my life.

I was going to say something pithy here but then I looked over and realize I'm going to hit ten years on these dead gay forums next week.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I'm interested in this league, if a spot opens up. Please add me to the wait list. Thanks!

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I'm back of course.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Can I be added to the wait liiiiiiiiiiiist

Fish Bowl has got me itching to do crazy leagues now.

MikeyKins
May 9, 2004

Dan, there's a reason why we get emails calling you Le Bafart, Le Baturd, Le Bajerk...
Back, and ready to go around .500 again

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

89 posted:

Can I be added to the wait liiiiiiiiiiiist

Fish Bowl has got me itching to do crazy leagues now.

This league is perfect prep for Fish Bowl. By the time you get to round 11, you're just pulling names out of a hat.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

The quest for mediocrity has begun!

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

I think every hypothetical fake starting lineup choice pales in comparison to the season 4 championship quarterbacks being Christian Ponder and Chad Henne.

we will forever be linked over the best championship match this league has ever seen - decided by 1.3 points. Your Henne beat out my Ponder but luckily for me Wes Welker and CJ Spiller had great days

JetsGuy posted:

If Juiced doesnt come back, Commish has free reign... I cannot believe juiced will allow that.

commish has zero reign over anything, not even his own routinely lovely teams

i'll be here to assure a dan marino victory

pmchem posted:

I'm interested in this league, if a spot opens up. Please add me to the wait list. Thanks!

vouching for this guy if there ends up being a spot - played a season or two of goon guild hardcore diablo 3 and pmchem was always super cool, would be a good addition

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Hey guys, remember that time, 6 years ago, when Juiced's team was relevant? Good times. Good times.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Ok, I think I fully updated, including the two guys who wanted to be added to the waitlist. I also used this opportunity to remind myself to bring over last year's wait list which I doubt either of those guys remember signing up for.

Also please just humor me and post in the damned league thread if you havent already. It just helps me confirm you still have control over the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

drat, 18 out of 20 already back and accounted for. Nice.

• Locked thread