Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I don't get how Poutine hasn't taken the gently caress off in America? French Fries & Cheese Curds covered in gravy? That should be an American staple at this point. Gravy should be an optional sauce option at the fast food places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The name sounds french :barf:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's completely insane that even though America has all the building blocks for poutine, nobody is putting it together.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also, we need to export biscuits and gravy to Canada. Let's have a cultural exchange.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
I have no answer for this regarding cheese curds, gravy, mayo, and fried potatoes I HAVE NO ANSWER FOR THIS I DON'T

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

FactsAreUseless posted:

Also, we need to export biscuits and gravy to Canada. Let's have a cultural exchange.

also grits

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Garcin posted:

also grits
Canada would love southern food, basically, so let's make this happen. We get poutine and Yorkshire pudding, they can have grits and chicken with waffles.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
It's gross.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You are incorrect, it's loving potatoes and gravy.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Canada would love southern food
though these high calorie foods seem like a good idea for canada in the long run right now it is too close to winter and could be disastrous to disrupt their diet in this critical season

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

FactsAreUseless posted:

Canada would love southern food, basically, so let's make this happen. We get poutine and Yorkshire pudding, they can have grits and chicken with waffles.

I don't condone violence but I am really happy to have Max Domi on the Coyote's team even though we are like 20+ years out from doing anything until our GM gets some experience and here is Tie Domi getting into a fight with an American I didn't go for the video of the Sens where a person was laid out because we are talking about the inter-mixing of Canadians and Americans and well a broken leg after a fight and a whoops are ok in my book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bt2OqXAxqo

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I've made my own with Arby's curly fries.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Garcin posted:

I don't condone violence but I am really happy to have Max Domi on the Coyote's team even though we are like 20+ years out from doing anything until our GM gets some experience and here is Tie Domi getting into a fight with an American I didn't go for the video of the Sens where a person was laid out because we are talking about the inter-mixing of Canadians and Americans and well a broken leg after a fight and a whoops are ok in my book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bt2OqXAxqo

what

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
It's disgusting. I don't care what anyone says. I had it twice in Montreal and each time I wanted to barf. And gently caress Montreal too.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
No need, Americans have the superior "cheese fries" with the orange cheese sauce

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
This is gonna sound nuts but... Dairy Queen serves regular food as well as ice cream. Gravy is one of the request-able sauces for the chicken tenders. Just dip them chicken tendies all up in some white gravy like god intended.

Teresa Heinz-Kirby
Jan 2, 2007

i was here first i had a reservation
Nobody loving wants to eat cheese curds, maybe if you rename it cheese "its" or cheese "mccurds" we could get down.

if you say in america would you like some curds youre gonna get hit, we dont eat curds we dont eat whey, we fought long and hard so we wouldnt have to eat that poo poo anymore.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mf cheetos and a can of turkey gravey biotch. :munch:

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

here is derian hatcher breaking roenick's jaw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsc41szSwLM

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Teresa Heinz-Kirby posted:

Nobody loving wants to eat cheese curds, maybe if you rename it cheese "its" or cheese "mccurds" we could get down.

if you say in america would you like some curds youre gonna get hit, we dont eat curds we dont eat whey, we fought long and hard so we wouldnt have to eat that poo poo anymore.

It's just cottage cheese dude.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I want to be able to get chicken and waffles more places.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

isn't it natural cheese? Like queso fresco down here near the border same thing?

Teresa Heinz-Kirby
Jan 2, 2007

Dogmeat posted:

It's just cottage cheese dude.

Yeah and its just a lorrie and a boot and the next thing you know its a king telling you to pay taxes on poo poo. grow up

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
well you see the thing about garcin is

Garcin posted:

When I was in 8th grade, I was in an extended learning program. One of the people I was friends with wanted to start a new company called "Dinki-Di dog food".

(Conan: edit and Mad Max are my favorite films other than maybe Chinatown and Aliens totally different)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Garcin which team do you play for and how many times have you had head injuries on the ice?

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
We can't buy cheese curds in the shops here in Denmark (I don't think); can I squeeze the water out of cottage cheese and use that? Are those cheese curds?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i separate my milk so i can get the 2 awesome powers of both curds and whey

Teresa Heinz-Kirby
Jan 2, 2007

brylcreem posted:

We can't buy cheese curds in the shops here in Denmark (I don't think); can I squeeze the water out of cottage cheese and use that? Are those cheese curds?

Basically yeah, you have your cheese piss, which drips out of your quesadilla, and cheese curds.

You could sell poutine in america you just have to rebrand it so the main ingredient doesnt rhyme with turd, we're not a complicated people.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
I actually prefer to simply exist on a diet of whole milk and block after block of bleu cheese.

There is a crazy brand of gouda there that exists in certain parts of america, and it can only be appreciated by drinking a tinge of two-buck-chuck and a handful of dark chocolate peanut butter cups. That, my friends, is the end-all-be-all of existence.

tooth gunz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAdbdUt_h9M

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Basically yeah, you have your cheese piss, which drips out of your quesadilla, and cheese curds.

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.

Bring on the poutine tonight! I already have some french fries in the freezer, just gotta buy some cottage cheese and gravy!

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Owing to a clerical error, Americans are currently in a love affair with Putin

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I thought you need just the solid curds and not all that runny poo poo though. :shrug:

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

FactsAreUseless posted:

Garcin which team do you play for and how many times have you had head injuries on the ice?
In 9th grade I went out for the football team as a linebacker. My 5 foot 9 frame held a pair of shoulder pads that were meant for a midget. My shoulders were minuscule compared to the length of my femurs they were all up in my poo poo. I weighed 95 lbs. Soaking wet.

I was obliterated after the first "hut hut hike". But I made friends with the jocks and went on to an incredible experience as the dude who took a really serious hit and didn't go on to be a "manager" for the football team. gently caress that.

Robot Cuttlefish
Apr 6, 2016
Red scare still to recent

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I thought you need just the solid curds and not all that runny poo poo though. :shrug:

Yeah, I'm gonna squeeze all the runny poo poo out. Using my fist. Just imagine the feeling of squeezing cottage cheese through your fingers.

im so hard rn

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

i tried it once it didn't have any loving flavor

add some jalapenos you crazy canucks

mix the gravy with salsa and then sprinkle some lime on it

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
There's a badass poutine cart in southeast Portland. Potato Champion, check it out if you're ever there.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I don't get how Poutine hasn't taken the gently caress off in America? French Fries & Cheese Curds covered in gravy? That should be an American staple at this point. Gravy should be an optional sauce option at the fast food places.

Freedom fries :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

skasion posted:

There's a badass poutine cart in southeast Portland. Potato Champion, check it out if you're ever there.

just looked that up and holy gently caress - Palak Paneer Fries.

• Locked thread