Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Masonity posted:

I just looked it up and yeah, with a weight of 25, I would have been much much better off with seperate add and removes.

Basically my chest has all three physical tagged crusader chest options. I want rid of the non crusader one (reflects physical damage to melee attackers) so I can craft life on. I rem Phys'd and it took the explode. From there I rem/added but with such a low weight of course it never came back. (Until I gave up and aug Phys to force it back)

Once I can get another 6-8 ex together to have another decent run at crafting, I'll remove. If it takes explode I'll add, then remove again. If it takes Phys to light I'll rem/add Phys for a 50% chance of ending up with what I want or a 50% chance of losing explode (and having to re add it and start again)

It's annoying to realise that if I'd used my 6ex that way I'd have almost certainly got what I wanted tonight, and could have add life'd it for either a complete chest or one that just needs rem/add life until I hit a decent tier.

Basically I spent 6ex to end up exactly where I started. And other than the initial 1/3 chance, had pretty much 0 chance too so it was a genuine waste.

Edit: nope. The Phys to light has a 1/5 chance compared to reflect too. I basically need to remove, then add then remove, then add, until the remove targets the correct mod with a 1/3 chance. Rem Phys doesn't use the weightings, and with 3 Phys mods is a straight 1/3 chance right?

Easiest and cheapest way to get explode on is going to be reforging phys more common to get at least one, preferably both of the other phys mods, then hitting it with a non-add phys, remove lightning, 50/50 remove phys to keep your explode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Woo, feel like I've finally 'finished' an item, though I still need to hit it with Hillock and a few randomise crits

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

My finest craft of the league so far! Process: receive drop from Sirus, vaal 15 times.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Iunno, I read "Crafts that add mods of specific types (like Physical Modifiers, for example) to items can now only be applied to non-influenced items, except for the existing mod that applies an influenced mod to an influenced item." as meaning that non-phys to phys won't work on influenced items, so you're limited to alt spam or fossil spam for explode again.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Lollin at the idea of a 6w 6 link explode chest for 2 ex :V

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

lampey posted:

The manifesto isn't super clear, but it looks like you can still use remove non x add x. Only augs are blocked on influenced items

Only 3 on crusader body. And with dual influence take phys as lightning blocks other take phys as element so you can still do it with hunter redeemer and shaper.

lampey posted:

A 6l 6w 28/30q is about 50c because of beastcrafting. Crusader exalt is under 1ex, or random harvest add influence instead of crusader exalt. A couple essence to roll reflect phys and phys taken as lightning, and remove non phys add phys to guarantee explode. So you can buy these for under 2ex now.

None of this is changing with the announced harvest changes.

The manifesto seems clear that this is incorrect. "Crafts that add mods of specific types (like Physical Modifiers, for example) to items can now only be applied to non-influenced items, except for the existing mod that applies an influenced mod to an influenced item." And honestly the part of that scenario that's broken isn't the harvest, it's the beast crafting.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

lampey posted:

I'm surprised nothing has happened to beastcrafting really. And next league they will probably add some mechanic that is extra broken when combined with either imprints or split beasts then not patch it for two weeks.

The harvest manifesto is talking about augments and keeps comparing them to slamming an exalt, it isn't clear if this applies to remove non add x, they aren't really exalt equivalents.

At current fossil prices it is about 3ex to hit explode, around 60c for remove non phys add phys. They would be around twice as expensive but not really out of reach. Things like 8l minion helms, tailwind elusive boots, anything with life or ES and good resists made with an awakener orb will be much harder to craft.

I mean that quote I gave you is a direct quote from the "What are we doing" conclusion section of the manifesto, seems pretty cut and dry, still not sure where you're seeing anything muddy. No tag targeting crafts will be able to apply to influenced items. Remove non/add is a tag targeted craft, and therefore will not work on influenced items.

Definitely think beastcraft needs a rework.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Captainicus posted:

:hai: The only honorable solution

Despite ending every single tiny's trial with a modless item, I agree

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

10bux posted:

Okay, this has been the "lego piece to my bare foot" this entire league... I need some crafting advice:

What is the cheapest possible way to set up a pair of Redeemer Boots for upgrading to elevated Onslaught with an Orb of Dominance (maven orb).

Basically what I'm asking is what is the cheapest way to roll t1 Onslaught on kill plus any other redeemer influence mod (tier doesnt matter)?

Alt spam for T1 onslaught only, annuls help here too. Craft suffixes cannot be changed, harvest reforge crit, profit.

E: You can imprint after crafting to not have to re-craft when you fail 7 times in a row like me.

Nur_Neerg fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 17, 2022

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

phosdex posted:

Goal this weekend is to run my no-hit relic. I've got CaptainLance's icicle miner up and running. So far I have failed my practice runs.

On the exact same path as you, curious to hear your thoughts. I'm able to get through Floor 1 somewhat consistently now, seems to be mostly just memorizing spawn points.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Successfully icicle mined my way to two Original Sins :D Starting to switch over to TShot on my Deadeye to use it; curious why folks are using Silver flask with Mageblood alongside an Onslaught on hit synth ring? Does the inc effect on the flask give increased Onslaught effect or something? And if so, why bother with the ring?

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Am I right in thinking the best shot here of getting rid of a suffix w/o touching the prefixes is just a 50/50 annul?

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Ended up just taking the 50/50 and failing :v:

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

whypick1 posted:

You must've forgotten to close your eyes first

You're not wrong =(

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

theshim posted:

because I am extraordinarily stupid I bought a fractured +2 arrows bow

I will spend the rest of the league farming for deafening contempts until I get a good bow or, much more likely, burn out

That one I posted earlier was 30 div for the base, and I've thrown ~30 div of essences at it without hitting yet :D Good luck!

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

theshim posted:

funny you should say that:

it's done

I landed on t2 phys % and one junk suffix, did some math, and found that veiled chaos pen is approximately equivalent to t4 hybrid phys%, and I was sick of throwing essences at it, so I went for it

it took a couple aisling slams, a bunch of reforge speeds, and a fuckton of divines on prefixes cannot be changed, but I think this thing is pretty nice!

pob puts it as equivalent to a 720 pdps bow without chaos pen

it's not As Good As It Could Be if I were a sicko and kept rolling for t1 hybrid and getting lucky or something, but it's still a drat good bow that (aside from the fracture) I made myself, and I'm pretty proud of it!

I might end up trying to divine it a little bit more but honestly that's really expensive and I now need to buy all the other gear for the character and level it up (though I did get some help from a couple goons who were done with the league - much appreciated, you guys)

Are you intending to use it w/ Original Sin, or what build?

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

theshim posted:

Yep, cold conversion Tornado Shot with my Original Sin.

Does the chaos pen interact with Original Sin?

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

yeah pen still works with original sin, but stuff that lowers enemy chaos resist like the helm mod does not

Is there any kind of cap on that? Would be curious how it maths

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

theshim posted:

Chaos pen is a straight more damage multiplier since OS forces nearby enemy chaos res to 0, unlike similar effects that people think of like Eternity Shroud where you ignore enemy resists. It's good enough that it beats out bows that do up to a good 100 pdps more than this one.

Gonna have to spend some time fussing with POB, thanks for the knowledge :D

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

theshim posted:

Yes, if an architect is already in a room, killing the guy on the right will upgrade it.

Still putting effort into that stupid bow >< I tried messing with chaos pen in POB, but it was showing as a 40m DPS loss, so still trying this stupid phys craft :D think I've spent ~60 div just on essences, and have failed 7 straight 50/50s, though only 3 with my eyes closed.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

theshim posted:

oh noooo :(

I've gotten my character to do basically everything it's gonna do at this point, total investment probably a bit over 210 divines (god that's a terrifying number when I look at it just written out). My biggest disappointment is on ubers - the combination of the relatively low damage-per-hit of Tornado Shot and needing to freeze for Heatshiver means I do more like 90% less damage rather than the 70% base. I tried an uber Shaper and got pasted (mostly because I kept running face first into multiple balls at once because I suck at the game), I just didn't do enough damage to freeze. It was predictable, but still makes me sad. Maps beautifully, though, especially when I remember to press my Soul Eater button and get the zoomies going, and on non-ubers I crush them (was able to do a Searing Exarch without seeing a ball phase, which felt really nice!).

Here's the PoB of my character, for anyone who wants to take a look and has any advice for juicing it a bit more (or just wants to make fun of me): https://pobb.in/7d2I_bJtWBT6 Freeze is not checked because I was doing comparisons for ubers, but I reliably freeze everything else. I'll leave it to you to do the arcane magicks of figuring out actual Tornado Shot dps because I have no idea how to myself :v:

Here's the POB for Kobe's version, what I'm building off of: https://pastebin.com/LDCXfGpm

Biggest differences I see offhand which probably account for the DPS delta (ignoring mageblood):

1 phys large cluster vs 2 bow large clusters
1 medium projectile cluster vs 1 medium projectile cluster and 1 medium crit cluster
Auras: Hatred+Grace+Vaal Haste vs Hatred+Vaal Haste+Precision+Herald of Ash+Herald of Purity
Assassin's Mark vs Sniper's mark
Vicious projectiles and elemental damage w/ attacks on totem setup vs divergent withering touch and increased crit damage
No blood rage or boot enchant
No Far Shot forbidden setup (costs ~ 50d I think)
Ring: IF you can find resists elsewhere to plug up the gaps, this is a good place to get extra crit strike multi w/ essence rolls
Belt: Could remove the crafted mod and craft on straight increased damage
Gloves: no temple mod for extra damage against chilled enemies; this is the pair I crafted:

Also it looks like you took Alira instead of extra passive points, can probably get more out of the passive points if you feel like correcting that.

E: Sorry for the wall of words.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

theshim posted:

- also just as an aside that one large cluster at the bottom of his tree is like 6 div for the base and crafting it looks like complete and total rear end

Yeah that was a crafting project I wanted no part of. Actually bought a very similar large cluster with a slightly lower same tier life roll already crafted for 14d instead.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

theshim posted:

Upgraded my gloves to have the temple mod and my belt to a stygian (and funnily enough that ended up being important because I lost a bunch of dex on the gloves which cost me a couple points of hit rate, so I got accuracy on the abyssal jewel to cap it out again). Probably not going to make too many more upgrades to this character, I'm definitely almost done with the league, but it's nice. I might try to scrape together enough cash for that big cluster as a last shot, though then I gotta figure out what points to cut.

Woohoo progress :D

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

WTF is this Exarch fight? Ended up losing because my last portal dropped me into lag and then I instantly died from those rolling flame boulder things the moment I spawned in. What on earth am I supposed to do? I was fine up until that flame boulder bullshit started but the gaps between the boulders are not big enough to run through safely and they not only take like 80% of my health on contact but also slow me.

Two things that could help here:

1. Use totems/etc in order to destroy some of the balls.
2. When you die in the ball phase, don't release until it's over.

Also for your alt weapon swaps:

1. It's great to have a pair of 3 white socket items to swap to,
2. I also like crafting stats on them so I don't drop below the needed for auras or whatever when swapping back and forth
3. It can be super nice QOL to socket a portal into one of your swap set weapons along with the benchcraft 'trigger socketed spells when you use an ability' for 0 cast time portals.
4. If you benchcraft on socketed gems have +x% quality, you can level empower/enhance/enlighten faster :)

Nur_Neerg fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 8, 2023

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Not sure if anyone here has significant experience poking at crucible trees; have this bow base I'm trying to get 48% inc dot damage, deadly draw, +120 dex, and 32% fire dot multi on. Currently got two states, imprinted and current. Current is:

The imprinted version only has 40% inc dot damage, but paths from Deadly Draw to that 32% fire dot multi node in the middle. Is there a reasonable way to get that path to re-attach? Debating whether I should just imprint back to the 40% version with the paths connected and move on to the 4th node or if I should try to re-attach on the current version with the better inc dot damage.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Just picked up a "secondary regrading lens". Should I use it to roll one of my superior gems or is this like a divine where I should just sell it/use it for currency?

It's a gamble to use, worth most of a div to sell I believe.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Oh goddamit. GOD DAMMIT. I just figured out you don't need to kill all the gold assassin guys on the way to the final room in betrayal research encounters. Was wondering why I kept failing.
I also keep getting bugged fortification encounters where the base is alive and shooting at me but the assassins are nowhere to be found and I can't damage the doors. 3rd time this nonsense has happened today.

Might mean you've left a defeated syndicate member around somewhere for questioning

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

No because I was able to initiate the research encounter afterwards. It gives you an error message if you do that.

Hm, and it didn't say anything in your betrayal mission objectives about fort members being driven into their safehouse either?

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

After a while it does but no one is in the fortification at all and the doors won't take damage (before I get that message, I mean).

Probably message hasn't caught up to the state yet, but it sounds like your first encounter ending caused enough intelligence progression to prevent the second one spawning; you can prevent this if you want to by what options you pick, but if you're just blitzing safehouses it's likely it'll happen now and again.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Finished my base, feels good to be effectively done with league mechanic unless I roll another build.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

totalnewbie posted:

Yeah but.. why is it on a reflex bow?

EK ignite; the attack speed and damage don't matter at all on any level, so went with a dex requirement below my next-highest requirement in my build (159) and an implicit that does something useful.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Woo done with bow crafting for a while :D Aside from getting it enchanted for ele damage and 30% qual.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

JunkDeluxe posted:

I’m too cheap to pay 15+ Div for my Skin of the Lords with the right sockets and mods.

Bought 20 Chayula stones for 5 divines and decided to run them all and find my own. Could use the XP as well.

20 runs = 2 Blessings, 1 Skin which bricked with a blood magic. Got 2 levels though… I want to run more, because no way I’m paying the 15 divs.

This game is the gambler's fallacy materialized :saddowns:

So for this you basically get a Skin of the Loyal for each success, it either has the sockets you need or doesn't, and then you're rolling the dice again on the upgrade that you get a mod you want? I still need to get a better Skin at some point for min-maxing, but definitely making me want to just farm the cash for it now...

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Don't forget to alch your maps with binding orbs!

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Found myself at level 98 with 95% xp, figured I'd go the safe route and finish it off in Tota, got my first Hinekora's Lock at 99% at rank 1100 :D

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

How are folks liking hexblast mines this league? Thinking that'll be my second character for sanctum and bossing.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

NM, I figured it out. Question though, should I just try to grab +life and +minion skill gems using fossils or should I add in other stuff too like +armor and evasion and +fire resist?

E: Ah, never mind. Seems adding additional modifiers makes the odds to actually get what I want skyrocket pretty quickly.

If you're most interested in rolling for minion skills and life, would maybe shoot to finish just your prefixes with fossils, then switch to Eldritch crafting for your suffixes, makes it easier to finish.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

There is something infuriating about losing a trial match 9 totems to 2 because your team is too stupid to channel the chief from the other side, and instead will only die and get interrupted over and over by the death's guide totem aoe, when they could just walk to the other side and take it down uncontested.

Nur_Neerg fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 24, 2023

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Any recommendations for Gift runner builds? I see most people are using PF, would prefer something with Assassin, but dunno. Curious to try it out as an end of league experiment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

If I had a MB I could probably cruise through Uber lab in 10-15 mins. 2-3 mins is absurd.

Yeah I average like 7-9 minutes per run on my exsang PF, but Gift def seems way harder than uber, and don't want to brick any/many.