Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zettace posted:

Gochiusa had the best end card with this master piece from Choporaunyopomi:

『家バレし、とっさに「これはキャンプファイヤー用の家です!」と 自宅に火を放ったシャロと 火消しになったごちうさメンバー達』のイラスト

A illustration of Sharol lighting her house on fire and saying "This house is meant for campfire use" after everyone discovered where she lived and the Gochiusa members who are trying to put out the fire
That was weird and strangely rad. I just re-watched Episode 6 after watching the Eclipse. Karen is a cutie. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
episode 6 is like 4 death note episodes in one. loving incredible

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Can we talk about Hoshinomori's really surprisingly cute doubling every now and then? I don't know why I really really like that.

Who's her VA? Sounds like a less-breathy version of HanaKana, but in a good way.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Manaka Iwami. She seems to be the one REALLY NEW VA in the cast, because all her roles are from this year (I know, lol at MAL having complete lists, but still). It's a situation not unlike the one with Ari Ozawa in Nozaki-kun three years ago (newbie-ish VA surrounded by veterans), it seems to be her first main cast role so far.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

e: :argh: ^^^

MJP posted:

Who's her VA? Sounds like a less-breathy version of HanaKana, but in a good way.

According to MAL it's Manaka Iwami. She seems new but she is doing a very good job. She is also doing the voice for Hotaru-the art friend in New Game!!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Keita managing to navigate this web of misunderstandings better than I expected. That was a cute episode

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
New Triple-Q mash-up featuring the Gamers! OP

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

me after the end of that episode

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Programmer girl needs to get the guy. Loved the little after credit scene.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm glad a second thing finally happened.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Gamers continues to be good. That was a fun episode with some good jokes that got a laugh out of me.
Back to the one week wait.

Kortel posted:

I'm still rooting for Tendou

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Kortel posted:

Don't really care who wins the boobie prize as long as Aguri and Uehara manage to stay together.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Someone's gonna be the odd one left standing.

Tendou is so earnest and self-conscious, while Chiaki has so little characterization so far, I'd much rather the former hook up.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm betting that the game they were playing turns out to be prophetic.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Wark Say posted:

I'm betting that the game they were playing turns out to be prophetic.

Amano and Aguri are going to bust the bed getting busy, twice

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Finally got to see the episode. It was a very good episode.

Nitrousoxide posted:

Someone's gonna be the odd one left standing.

I hope it's Amano.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Finally got to see the episode. It was a very good episode.

I hope it's Amano.

It'd be a good switch since he's getting this harem of the little sister, Chiaki, and Tendou at the moment despite just wanting to play his goddamn mobile games in peace.

I'm calling it now though.

Little sister and Tendou will hook up, (or tendou will go solo)

Chiaki and Amano,

Other Couple will stay together.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Why does anyone have to be the odd one out? I think everyone's forgotten about the amnesiac friend!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Why does anyone have to be the odd one out? I think everyone's forgotten about the amnesiac friend!

Man I hope we get an ova or episode for his side story. Since it'd be amazing to see animated

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Allarion posted:

Man I hope we get an ova or episode for his side story. Since it'd be amazing to see animated

I hope we find out that whle Amano and Tendou are dealing with their romcom, Misumi and the Gamer Club were off being busy in a CSGO national tournament. Make it as shamelessly shonen as possible like in Build Fighters. :v:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I'm sure Chiaki's elaborate ruse will never be uncovered.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

screams_externally.gif is a good description for this anime these last few episodes. Still it's one of the gems this season.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I've only watched the first two episodes of this, but poor Uehara getting his big emotional speech ruined by a dork almost killing him.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I'd say this is one of the few series where I actually prefer the dub. Episode 6's last 15 minutes were pretty hysterical in the dub (although in fairness, I was literally laughing for 10 straight minutes when I watched it on subs). The biggest reason why is because the guy voicing Amano in the dub makes him sound a lot funnier (it's a comedy after all) and less like a girl trying to do a dude's voice.

But otherwise, Ep. 6 is incredible; I was just dying when Uehara's got the slasher smile on while working through the world's stupidest reconnaissance mission. Karintendo is basically a treasure.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Yeah, the general consensus is to try watching comedies dubbed first and see whether or not they're better or worse. A good dub for a comedy can elevate the show a hell of a lot.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Episode got delayed, I think they said it's coming out later today.

I'm predicting some kind of bullshit that doesn't involve Tendo being Tendo. Tendo shenanigans and Uehara faces are the reason I'm watching this. I also don't really get why Uehara apparently wants to specifically sail Chiaki's ship and in the process obviously torpedo Tendo's ship. I mean, I guess Chiaki has a lot in common with Amano, but so does Tendo and he's closer friends with Amano than Chiaki, so why would he want to torpedo a happy relationship? I mean, maybe I could see what he was going for if Tendo had nothing at all in common with Amano, or if Hoshinomori was a more interesting character than just being annoying in the same way Amano is annoying.

Hopefully it gets resolved with a comedy misunderstanding that nobody bothers to treat seriously, e.g. every single plotline in this show.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Angry Grimace posted:

Episode got delayed, I think they said it's coming out later today.

I'm predicting some kind of bullshit that doesn't involve Tendo being Tendo. Tendo shenanigans and Uehara faces are the reason I'm watching this. I also don't really get why Uehara apparently wants to specifically sail Chiaki's ship and in the process obviously torpedo Tendo's ship. I mean, I guess Chiaki has a lot in common with Amano, but so does Tendo and he's closer friends with Amano than Chiaki, so why would he want to torpedo a happy relationship? I mean, maybe I could see what he was going for if Tendo had nothing at all in common with Amano, or if Hoshinomori was a more interesting character than just being annoying in the same way Amano is annoying.

Hopefully it gets resolved with a comedy misunderstanding that nobody bothers to treat seriously, e.g. every single plotline in this show.

I'd be fine with these misunderstandings piling up as long as it ends up with another romcom trainwreck like episode 6. :allears:

And I get that the simple explanation is because he's a dumb teen, but Uehara wanting to back Chiaki's ship makes him seem like a dick. Like no matter how it ends, someone will end up being hurt.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

amigolupus posted:

And I get that the simple explanation is because he's a dumb teen, but Uehara wanting to back Chiaki's ship makes him seem like a dick. Like no matter how it ends, someone will end up being hurt.

He also is personally closer to Chiaki and is responsible for introducing the two together. That plus their pre-existing super close relationship via Nobe/Mono > uh tendo kinda started liking him after meeting him for game club + amano kinda likes her 'cos she's hot

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

He also is personally closer to Chiaki and is responsible for introducing the two together. That plus their pre-existing super close relationship via Nobe/Mono > uh tendo kinda started liking him after meeting him for game club + amano kinda likes her 'cos she's hot

I mean, I don't think that's true in the least. He has a lot in common with Tendo to begin with, and those things + fact that they each find the other's position on games interesting is largely the basis of their relationship.

The commonality between all three of them is that they primarily identify as gamers. The fact that Tendo's love for games isn't of a completely identical character to Amano's the way Hoshinomori's is doesn't make Tendo/Amano's relationship essentially a random hookup. Hell, I'd probably say Tendo and Amano's differences in how they appraoch their identities as gamers is probably a bigger indicator of a healthy relationship than the mere fact that Hoshinomori and Amano are distaff counterparts.

I think Uehara is just addicted to believing he's some kind of chessmaster but the nature of the series doesn't let anyone take basically anything seriously. The only reason this series is good and not hackneyed romcom poo poo is because the characters have insanely dumb thought processes like "I think my girlfriend is cheating on me with my best friend, so I'm gonna resolve this by seeing what she is looking at during said best friend's confession."

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Also, the new episode is up on Crunchyroll now.

I'll post some thoughts on it later, but I rather wonder if anyone else noticed this episode seemed off-model an awful lot.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Angry Grimace posted:

I mean, I don't think that's true in the least. He has a lot in common with Tendo to begin with, and those things + fact that they each find the other's position on games interesting is largely the basis of their relationship.

The commonality between all three of them is that they primarily identify as gamers. The fact that Tendo's love for games isn't of a completely identical character to Amano's the way Hoshinomori's is doesn't make Tendo/Amano's relationship essentially a random hookup. Hell, I'd probably say Tendo and Amano's differences in how they appraoch their identities as gamers is probably a bigger indicator of a healthy relationship than the mere fact that Hoshinomori and Amano are distaff counterparts.

It's because Amano's relationship with Chiaki is way better than what he has with Tendo. He talks and interacts with Chiaki as an equal, whereas he puts Tendo in a pedestal because of her looks/brains and being part of a gaming club that aims for competition.

In my opinion it's the Tendo and Amano relationship that doesn't work: yeah, Amano is going out with her because he flunked into a relationship with the school's princess, but I can't remember if we've been shown why Tendo went after Amano to be part of the gaming club in the first place and kept trying time and time again to get him to join.

As far as we know, the only reason he caught her interest is because he might be the only guy who didn't leave a love letter for her.

Yeah, pairing Amano with Chiaki is a cliche, but in this case works much better than pairing him with Tendo. Unless in future episodes we see Amano becoming less self-deprecating and more accepting of Tendo's love.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Do it, Gamers! Go for the harem ending.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Kal-L posted:

It's because Amano's relationship with Chiaki is way better than what he has with Tendo. He talks and interacts with Chiaki as an equal, whereas he puts Tendo in a pedestal because of her looks/brains and being part of a gaming club that aims for competition.

In my opinion it's the Tendo and Amano relationship that doesn't work: yeah, Amano is going out with her because he flunked into a relationship with the school's princess, but I can't remember if we've been shown why Tendo went after Amano to be part of the gaming club in the first place and kept trying time and time again to get him to join.

As far as we know, the only reason he caught her interest is because he might be the only guy who didn't leave a love letter for her.

Yeah, pairing Amano with Chiaki is a cliche, but in this case works much better than pairing him with Tendo. Unless in future episodes we see Amano becoming less self-deprecating and more accepting of Tendo's love.

Because he sits around class gaming all day. It's not that common at this school and is same reason she invited Hoshinomori.

He treats Tendo differently because he's in a romantic relationship with her; he interacted with her just fine on the platonic "walk" in Episode 4 and on their date in Episode 8; if he was romantically interested in Hoshinomori I don't think they'd have the same relationship anyyways. I mean, why would you want to date basically your gender swapped self to begin with, and its not like either Tendo or Amano have anything about their relationship they're unhappy about. Not to mention Amano currently believes that Konoha is Mono/Nobe and barely seems to give a poo poo. Hell, after this episode it's pretty clear he gives less of a poo poo about Mono/Nobe than he does about Aguri.

Mostly I just don't get why, even assuming he thinks Chiaki would be a relationship upgrade, Uehara wants to mess with his friend's relationship behind the scenes. At best I assume the ending of the anime won't be anything more than convincing Amano that Konoha isn't Mono.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Sep 15, 2017

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Angry Grimace posted:

I'll post some thoughts on it later, but I rather wonder if anyone else noticed this episode seemed off-model an awful lot.

Yea, it felt like a cost-savings episode, but they still did pretty good with what they had to work with, inserting some timely visual gags. Even the final punchline of the episode was designed for reduced animation budget.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Angry Grimace posted:

Off model and they really skimped out on the animations during the run/chase sequence.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Angry Grimace posted:

He treats Tendo differently because he's in a romantic relationship with her; he interacted with her just fine on the platonic "walk" in Episode 4 and on their date in Episode 8; if he was romantically interested in Hoshinomori I don't think they'd have the same relationship anyyways. I mean, why would you want to date basically your gender swapped self to begin with, and its not like either Tendo or Amano have anything about their relationship they're unhappy about. Not to mention Amano currently believes that Konoha is Mono/Nobe and barely seems to give a poo poo. Hell, after this episode it's pretty clear he gives less of a poo poo about Mono/Nobe than he does about Aguri.

Uh... no, he doesn't treat Tendo differently because of a romantic relationship. Hell, it isn't even a romantic relationship, unless your definition of romantic is "one party constantly says 'I'm not worthy!'".

Amano sees Tendo as an unreachable person he lucked out into going out with because he did it in public, and keeps saying that her going out with him is a "favor to him".

With Chiaki, he can have normal talks, and even disagreements. Whereas with Tendo it's all "Whatever you say, Ma'am!".

Is this the point I realize I'm old? :smith:

Edit: And I'm pretty sure Tendo is unhappy that Amano keeps her on a pedestal, only talking to her normally on rare ocasions, like the Ep. 8 bus ride.

But I still have to see Ep. 10, so maybe there's new developments? :v:

Kal-L fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Sep 15, 2017

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

I appreciated the nicovideo comment gag at the end.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Kal-L posted:

Uh... no, he doesn't treat Tendo differently because of a romantic relationship. Hell, it isn't even a romantic relationship, unless your definition of romantic is "one party constantly says 'I'm not worthy!'".

Amano sees Tendo as an unreachable person he lucked out into going out with because he did it in public, and keeps saying that her going out with him is a "favor to him".

With Chiaki, he can have normal talks, and even disagreements. Whereas with Tendo it's all "Whatever you say, Ma'am!".

Is this the point I realize I'm old? :smith:

Edit: And I'm pretty sure Tendo is unhappy that Amano keeps her on a pedestal, only talking to her normally on rare ocasions, like the Ep. 8 bus ride.

But I still have to see Ep. 10, so maybe there's new developments? :v:

He relates to Tendo just fine and they like each other; it just makes Uehara more of an annoying meddler since I doubt this show is ever going to split Tendo off from Uehara because, well, it's this show.

I suspect the idea is just to take Hoshinomori from rival to tsundere in order to create more comedy scenarios in which Hoshinomori suspects Tendo is cheating on Amano and/or running some kind of insane scam on him.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Man, Keita and Aguri really do have good chemistry with each other. Keita and Tendo are cute together though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
They really are like siblings and it's adorable.

• Locked thread