Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I don't see my pre-sign. Sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

As per usual, I'll be going after lurkers if necessary.

Pod's rules make that less necessary until they go on notice though.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Confirming!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

##vote Hal

I will have my vengeance Hal! :argh:

I should just vote you out since you have a habit of killing me at night(or trying to) when you are a baddie. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

Hi KB! I'm glad you made it in, wanna go all spreadsheet effortposting on who should go to which cars?

Hi! I figured you would do that. :)

Im not 100% sure there is value yet tho. Some will need shine and some won't so that changes how we handle car assignments/people would have to claim things.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

Is this a breadcrumb? I think it's a breadcrumb. :eng99:

It's the best breadcrumb.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Birdstrike posted:

hence: vote jeebus

Valid. Would vote.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

can i issue like, a formal letter of approval?

:same:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

it's super self-conscious.

i don't want to vote quid off the bat because quid gets dogpiled a lot despite having good instincts.

My recent experience is that people vote him correctly, but not enough people are on board so it takes multiple extra days to vote him out.

Having said that, I'm not seeing what you all are seeing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

peramene posted:

brestcrumb

Feeling lazy. But insert Borat "Very Nice" here.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Wait, cause I said modkill does that mean I'm requesting a modkill?!

No! I have so much shitposting left to do!!!

Podima posted:

Excessive shitposting is discouraged. Thank you in advance!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

The scummiest of emotes.

:shrug:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I love this one. It's so happy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

Someone dayvig pera please.

Pew Pew

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

peramene posted:

who would you day cop and why

I would hit bif obvi because she is TOO TRICKSY

I'd probably cop someone like Jeabus. If he's town, we avoid the easy pushes onto him for doing newbie things. If he's scum, we avoid the easy pushes off of him because of his newness. Also, bonus, we aren't confirming someone super valuable to the game as town and signing their death warrant. (no offense intended here Jeabus)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Birdstrike posted:

Real talk, Jeabus opened with

I thought it was odd because I couldn't initially tell if I'm town. I'm definitely anti-scum but I couldn't confirm if I am part of the town "faction."

So I asked about the n0 flip which purports to show the demise of one of my enemies, but Jeabus didn't express an opinion on whether it was good and so I think they're ducking me.

Yeah, once you pointed it out, this is something I saw as well.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

long as I'm towning it all up in here, here is my effortpost now on how we can try and powergame the poo poo out of these train cars.

Coal Hopper - I can't see scum wanting to waste a move going here for the mere chance of affecting the daily lunch method. Seems like mostly a waste of time for everyone involved, unless we had hot leads on more than 1 scum and wanted to change the method so we can nail 2 in one day. But since scum will not likely waste time here, we'd probably only need 1 town to go there to cast a vote. Talking publicly about sending people to volunteer sounds counterproductive, as this could help scum identify who has mediocre powers and time to waste in the coal hopper. So instead, I recommend: if your powers are middling or you have accumulated an abundance of Shine, and you privately believe that we could really use a new lunch method to nail multiple scum the next day, please just go here quietly without saying anything in thread.

Barber Shop - Could be a real danger in endgame, but in early game it seems very meh and a timewaster. Avoid for now, but reconsider as endgame approaches

Smoking Lounge - imo no good townie power role has any excuse being here. The unstoppable thing is nice, but the risk of the disadvantage is too great. It renders anything investigative worse than meaningless, maybe actively misleading. Maaaaybe a protective role would be ok risking it, but I'd expect protective roles could be better served just getting more Shine from the drinking cars instead so they stay charged up. Scum on the other hand, have less to fear from the disadvantage, and will really want to get kills and things made unstoppable, so they are quite likely to come here, which in turn increases the competition and makes it an even worse idea for townies. My verdict is: Good power roles stay the gently caress away, but boring or middling roles that don't care about getting more Shine should spam this place to keep scum from getting the advantage!

Dining Car - One of the two "drinking cars", a place for people to try and get more Shine to charge their powers. This one has the chance of your actions being secretly loud though, so it may be feared more by the scum. This is really a judgement call here. If you have boring/middling powers, stay the gently caress away so you don't hog the juice. If you have a strong townie power role, come here if you don't mind someone potentially finding out you visited them.

Speakeasy - I expect scum to prefer this car since the disadvantage is just a straight-up failure instead of potentially giving themselves away. But they wouldn't want to pile everyone in here either, they'd have to split up a bit. So again, just down to a judgement call based on the nature of your power. If you have boring/middling powers, stay the gently caress away so you don't hog the juice. If you have a strong townie power role, come here if it won't totally break your heart to potentially lose a night if you're unlucky

Railway Post - This car sounds hella fun. No matter what you always get one message, just there is the risk of having it aired publicly. If you luck out and get a bonus one though, you can be assured that one is totally secure. Last night I was trying to think up ways we could totally break the game open by spamming messages at each other, but the more I think about it, the less likely it is to actually work. So instead I will recomend: If you have interesting data but don't want to claim yet, like maybe you're a cop who's got a bunch of town results but no scum yet, you could potentially use the Post to message someone you trust as town. (and who you don't think will be NK'ed obviously). if you can, keep it anonymous but include some shared private thing that should let your recipient know it is you and not just some scum making poo poo up... or for an easier strategy, include some text that you can repeat verbatim in the thread later to confirm your identity.

:siren: tl;dr version: if your power sucks and you don't care about getting more Shine, go to the Smoking Lounge to help make scum less likely to become unstoppable. This will also keep you out of the drinking cars so you don't take Shine away from better roles. And for gods sake, don't talk about what your decision is in the thread. If your power is strong, I don't need to tell you to go to the drinking cars, but just remember to stay the gently caress away from the Smoking Lounge. Also, remember that the Post might be your friend.

I agree with almost all of this. But I think your read is wrong on the post one. It's just 3 messages total that will get sent. 2 out of thread and one in.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm starting to feel the case on MT. I remember her town casing focusing more on finding really good insightful poo poo from people's cases even on D1 to judge if it's fake or not, but not getting defensive at all by focusing on the people casing her. Her cases spoke for themselves to prove her alignment.

My most recent impression of scummmt was that she doesn't post much at all no matter how much she wants to. She is already acting different this game from my pov, but probably need more time to prove it out.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

in any case though, the Post is still a much more situational thing instead of something to spam for fun. The spamming should be in the smoking lounge if your power sucks

I could see scum rushing that car to fake messages/prevent real messages from getting out. But probably the ROI on that is worse than taking the shine from town in the other cars.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Birdstrike posted:

just lol at TMM saying "hey guys I have a new style... also vote mmt"

You are on fire.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

I think that Hats musing about multiple killing factions / why the N0 kill was scum is the scummiest thing about him, but it's nowhere near conclusive and other than that his play this game seems consistent with how he usually sounds.

I understand the logic behind the Jeabus case but to me it's entirely plausible that maybe he didn't just read too much into the N0 flavor/results and assumed he was town because there was no scumdoc in his PM. The fact that so many people are jumping on him (especially this early in the game) makes me feel like it's a good but incorrect case, and that scum are trying to use it to drive a mislynch.

If that is the case, who are the scum that are using it to drive a miscuddle?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Current thoughts after the most recent surge of posts:

Gut scum feels on pera.

Gut scum feels on Bifaux.

Hey Bifaux, am I imagining things, or did you not tell me, in the last game we played together, when I commented on how you were kinda hanging back and not doing much in the early game, that that is how you normally play and you don't get all analytical and involved until later? I mean, I was totally wrong that it made you scum that game, but now you are playing drastically different again and again it is pinging me. Since now I know that OTHER game was town you.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

well I'm not talking about you cause yeah I've never seen you before

which game you talking about, cause you can't mean FF5? In role madness games or poo poo with mechanics I can analyze right from the getgo there's no reason to hold back

Whichever the last FF was.... FF4:Subwhatever? Or whatever it was.

I'm fine going and looking for it if you tell me I'm wrong about this. I am getting older so who knows.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

I didn't play in The After Years actually.

Huh.

Ok. I'll do some digging to find wherever it was.

So to be clear, no way will I find something like that?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

I do remember saying something like that to both you and Pod recently - I love to get all analytical on the game but not till I actually have poo poo to work with. D1 usually doesn't have that. This time it did though.

And FF5 didn't have that?

Bifauxnen posted:

or, you know, instead of trying to go "she's scum cause she gets analytical on D1 instead of D2" or because I make X number of posts, you could try reading and judging the content

I think you come off weird in the Little Mac and you exchange. But I like your posting style in general, and your content in general, so that makes it harder for me to identify you as scum without looking for differences in meta. Maybe I rely too much on that in general, but hey, it has done ok by me so far once all is said and done.

FWIW, I can't imagine a situation where I vote you d1 though short of a smoking gun. If I'm wrong, you'll be taken out by the scum team eventually. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

this is a good take, can you go re-read the opening game now with that in mind?

Yeah, rereading you didn't really change anything for me. I still like most of your posting until the little mac thing and that wasn't THAT horrible. It's mostly my meta read of you that is pinging me. Again. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

gif Probst posted:

i am home.

i dont like the small mack vote. i dont like a lot of the reasons for it. i dont think a person (re: eight dollar) asking a lot of questions on d1 is inherently scummy.

i think bringing up other games d1 for any kind of justification of player read is dumb and does not help people who were not participants of said game, they are forced to go back and read that poo poo which lets be real nobody has time for.

i still like where my vote is, i am also comfortable voting for peramene or king burgundy today. i don't read enough to vote for anybody else.

So from what I can tell, you want to vote me for making your life harder. This has nothing to do with looking for scum and seems like it's coming from a place of scum mind to me.

##vote gif Probst

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

Mith is starting to ping me

The fact that he quantified his reads as "slightly intoxicated" pinged me as slightly scummily self-consciousness. That by itself wouldn't bother me, but he then follows it up with town reads and cases on lurkers which are both things that I usually attribute to scum (because they're easy to make).

I agree with this. He shortly thereafter threw a bit of shade at Somber and Glowku, but I can't even tell if he thinks they are scum or just doesn't like how disengaged they are.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Captain Foo posted:

tbh i find 'oh look what i did in THIS game' to be insanely aggravating

And it still wouldn't be scummy. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

Someone read over pera's last post and explain to me how her read on Mac can possibly be genuine?

Yeah, I was holding off responding to see how she reacts, but I also think pera is looking like scum.

FWIW, she didn't say this, but the possibility you leave out is that Little Mac was trying to look towny by proving that he knew the name. But that isn't the explanation pera offered. With that explanation it looks like she wants to vote LM for being dumb, not scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

Oh and TMM is pinging me hard because

He is just way too concerned about how people are viewing him and not doing enough actual casing. Would vote him quite hard.

Yeah, I can see this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

FWIW, this seems like town Quid to me. I always feel like he's town when he's making points I can't follow, going all the way back to Dragon Ball Z mafia.

And this game is a big change from super lurker scum Quid that I've encountered more recently.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mithross posted:

I think scum are, in general, letting day 1 go while they sit in the background. In a game this large it's both lovely and far and away the strongest strategy.

I'm reading through what happened since I went to bed again, see if anything stands out.

So like, are you talking about yourself here? :)

I see that I was beaten on this in the reply window, but I don't care.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

tpink posted:

My thought is that it's really weird that you are suggesting a D1 lurker lynch given that there's a bunch of content already and given Pod's anti-lurking rules. :ocelot:

Do you think it's odd in a scummy way?

Since there is a bunch of content, what is your opinion on it?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

tpink posted:

Same comment here as my comment re max - I'm usually all for going after lurkers, but this D1 really doesn't seem like the right time for it. There's a ton of posts; why do we already need to focus on people who aren't posting? We can get to them later, and if it's really bad, the anti-lurking rules are there to fix it.

Eh. The problem is, you for example, are above the cut off, but haven't really said much content wise. The lurker rules wouldn't do anything with you.

It's true that in the specific example of IS and Mithross, they were both below the cut off so would have been handled if they didn't eventually post.

But since then, Mithross has posted a couple times to get above it and IS is mostly there without really saying anything. Lurker rules aren't going to do anything in this day phase.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

gif Probst posted:

Kb i feel like your posts were filler and its containing information not really relevant to people not party to other peoples games. My reasoning for wanting to vote you isnt because you are making life harder its because your posts arent really giving anything to work with but it to me comes off as feigning participation.

I mean, that is almost a reasonable reason except:

A) I don't truly believe anyone could think I was faking participating in this game given my content so far. This seems fake as hell.
B) Even though I rely heavily on meta for a lot of my reads early on, it is still EXTREMELY valuable to everyone else since I am providing opinions and alignment calls on other people in the game and building an interaction history that can be read later as people flip. So even if your opinion wasn't fake, it also seems logically wrong when you say it isn't relevant.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Sorry I haven't been posting everyone, but I just got done with a 9 hour, 600+ mile drive from Chicago to St. Louis (and back) for work. I was hoping for a nice slow day so I could catch up on things in the thread, but that apparently wasn't in the cards.

Anyway, I'm going to take a couple hours for myself and then I'll try to look through the 300+ or so posts I haven't read, but if someone wants to sum up some of it that would be great too.

I feel bad saying this since I know he sometimes really does have stuff going on, but:

This is the kind of post TMM makes as scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

and doesn't really mention pera again.

Factually incorrect, fyi.

Here was another post:

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I was holding off responding to see how she reacts, but I also think pera is looking like scum.

FWIW, she didn't say this, but the possibility you leave out is that Little Mac was trying to look towny by proving that he knew the name. But that isn't the explanation pera offered. With that explanation it looks like she wants to vote LM for being dumb, not scum.

Also disagree that my vote on Gif is an omgus.

Right now I'm leaning back to town on Jeabus despite this misstep.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, that seemed weird and opportunistic, but I was waiting to see what happened after Somber posted his case(if he ever did).

Also waiting for Hal to finish reading and start posting.

And Tpink to finish reading and start posting (although not expecting much here since it feels like he didn't even finish responding to the last stuff he read)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mayor Glowku posted:

I eagerly await jeabus casing me. Pls friend

Are you even reading the thread?

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Mayor Glowku:

:thunk:

This is possibly worth considering, but I feel that would just kinda devolve into lurkervotes.

Other than that it's mostly d1 shitposting and a dig at Little Mac.

Right now I'd say not enough to go on.

• Locked thread