Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

OH MY GOD IT IS ON A TRAIN

MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Scum or town or 3p I am going to play the poo poo out of this game, I am so stoked

Someone get Bifauxnen in here so she can see I am not a bad mafia player!!!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

FF4 was not a good game for me though :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Podima can you make a Fallout 4 DLC sized mod implementing the Shine universe, I will be a voice actor for you. tia

e:

oh nevermind I see you are too busy BEING A FUCKER :argh:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

man this is a good player list, wish we had some KB in there

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

I don't see my pre-sign. Sad.

!!!! We need KB!!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

One time my friend was at the Apple store getting his laptop turned in to be fixed and the conversation went like this:

Genius: So, we'll need a password so we can get into the computer. What is it?
Friend: It's....papabear...probably should change that.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote probst

This is a policy vote because he hasn't played in the last two games he was in with me and I want him to play!!

Also confirming my role, choochoo

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I told you I am going to try to play this game!!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Alright everybody here's my big reads effortpost:

Asiina - dunno, probably scum
Bifauxnen - dunno, probably scum
Birdstrike - dunno, probably scum
Captain Foo - dunno, probably scum
Eight Dollars - dunno, probably scum
gif Probst - dunno, probably scum
Hal Incandenza - dunno, probably scum
IllegallySober - dunno, probably scum
Jeabus Mahogany - dunno, probably scum
King Burgundy - dunno, probably scum
Little Mac - dunno, probably scum
Max - dunno, probably scum
Mayor Glowku - dunno, probably scum
Mithross - dunno, probably scum
Murmur Twin - dunno, probably scum
peramene - dunno, probably scum
Quidthulhu - dunno, probably scum
Sandwolf - dunno, probably scum
Somberbrero - dunno, probably scum
The Lord of Hats - dunno, probably scum
The Ninth Layer - dunno, probably scum
TMMadman - dunno, probably scum
tpink - dunno, probably scum

who's parachute account are you again?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

also that joke falls flat if you don't put yourself as town imho

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Lately if I am playing I am scum, and if I'm lurking my rear end off I am town, but I just lurked two games in a row as scum and town so I would focus on my play because my meta is not very helpful.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

this is a strange response to an obvious joke.

This is a major reach to a clear joke

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

No sir I don't like it

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Awful app needs gif keyboard integration

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Lord of Hats posted:

I think that Quid going "Hey guys, let me tell you my meta" is bad, but not something I want to leap to a lynch over.

I don't like Jeabus dodging the question about the N0 thing, and then when someone asks about that dodge he complains about being singled out. After that we get radio silence before he decides to announce "Alright, going to sleep now". Which, I mean, that last bit isn't inherently scummy, it just kind of stood out to me given what I'm already seeing.

I'm vaguely suspicious of Somberbrero, but I'm pretty sure that I'm *always* vaguely suspicious of Somberbrero, regardless of what he's doing, so I'm not giving that a lot of credence right now.

There it is, the first post in D1 that I feel acts like it's offering content but in reality is floating ideas and then back tracking on them.

##vote Hatlord

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Birdstrike posted:

nope

that's my secret cap,

i'm always jokephase

Lololol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I like Bif's case work, and while I think spending a lot of time talking about the flavor kill is a waste of time, there is enough oddness with this that I think she's on to something here.

Hats are you awkward new to scum, be honest

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ehhh, I really dislike that MMT case on me because I think it's fairly lazy to put two completely separate posts together and present them as if they were on top of each other. I called out Hats, then he responded at which point I further said "Hmm, not sure I like how you are reacting to this, are you new scum?"

And as a result I got a lot of information about how I shouldn't be dismissing him as newbie scum. That makes his hemming and hawing look a lot worse to me.

So MMT, why did you present those as being basically the same post? It's not a very strong case if you remember that he, you know, said poo poo in between.

Worse than MMT pushing that case is Hal "me tooing" it as if it is a good case. That looks REAL lazy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also Hatlord was a great nickname to create so you are also wrong there Hal :colbert:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Wasn't Hal one of the main pushers for that, followed up by his terrible "I agree" on MMT's case on me?

That's a hurm!

##vote Hal

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Quid do you find your Hal case actually more compelling than the ones on Jeabus and Hats? If so, why

Yes, but purely on a personal level. I don't see Hal coming in and believing that crap if he's being sincere.

Actually, I do have one idea, but I'm gonna wait for him to show up again.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

What's the Jeabus case again? Isn't he truly an awkward newbie?

I'm more 50/50 on Hats now, his sad-reaction feels somewhat genuine in it's "I'm much more awkward as town" argument to the point that I kiiinda believe him.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

What did I push now?

Hmmm, I thought people were saying you were part of the setup spec initial push but I am not seeing that in your post history now. Probably misread Hats as Hal :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal, what's your deal with "me too"-ing MMT's bad case, please explain

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

I thought you said my casing was good, don't you see what I was getting at?

I said I liked the analysis you were doing. I think you make a fair point that not understanding your role PM specifics in relation to the N0 flip might be something. But full disclosure, I haven't had time to read the initial interaction that everyone's talking about, so I'm looking more at how people are discussing it than the actual event. In that regards, I think you're being genuine.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

And I am basing all of this around me not actually having really read the OP at all either :v:

But I understand what people are saying because I too read my alignment and went "...is that scum?" And then contexed clue'd my way into understanding I was town because I had no scum team and I didn't have to murder everyone in the world or be the last one standing or anything

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

I usually put multiple related quotes from one person in one box separated by context for readability's sake, separated by three -'s to indicate a different post. Before I started doing that, people would in turn skip over my posts because they seemed too long. I've been doing that for literally years, it's not a new thing, and that's the first time I've ever seen someone try to spin that as suspicious.

"A lot of information"? From that?

Your original case was that he was feigning his opinions, and then rather than case him or press him on other scummy things he did you posted "be honest, are you newbie scum?". And then, despite his hemming and hawing making him look a lot worse to you, you don't have any follow up questions and you don't seem particularly interested in fleshing out your read any further.

Quid - did Hats musing about the N0 kill or implying that he has information about it impact your opinion of him at all?

My original case was "this looks fake because you are hemming and hawing"

He came back and said that he is more likely to hem and haw as scum. I then asked him if he was newbie scum mostly as a joke but also to see how he reacted to being directly asked that. Other people told me he is not a newbie. This is a fair amount of information from my questions!

Also this is just restating what I already said so what even is your paragraph long question here? Didn't you ask this initially?

It's also weird that you voted for me and then empty quoted my opinion to express your own ideas on the matter. Where am I scum in there, Murmur?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

You made a case on Hats for hemming and hawing and you asked him about being new. You didn't mention either of these posts:

So I'm asking you what, if any, these posts had on your opinion of Hats' alignment.

What about my case on you looks different from how I normally do it?

I already answered this, MMT, I pretty clearly delineated my thought process. It's feeling like you're not actually reading me at this point.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote Little Mac

If I made three sarcastic posts in a row about something I genuinely was annoyed at, as Little Mac has said, my response to being called out about that with a "the lady doth protest too much" would immediately be "yeah I've already told you I'm annoyed as hell by this hence my rapid fire posting about it," not "lol you think I'm mad??? Not at all" followed by random insults and THEN a statement of "yeah I'm annoyed because x so sue me"

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Little Mac posted:

how do you know I'm smarter than this? I am actually very, very dumb!

You are a teacher!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also, just an observation:

Little Mac posted:

If Jeabus IS scum, I find it weird there's no teammtes coming to his aid with "don't lynch newbies" to buy him a day (he is new, yes?).

Next page:

TMMadman posted:

Jeabus has 2 other games listed in votefinder. So he's pretty drat new and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for D1 and D1 alone.

:hurm:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Your standard scumgame is also to magically appear whenever your name is mentioned :allears:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yes but you are a very intelligent man :3:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

MMT you are harping on something that has absolutely no merit to my case whatsoever. I've already said that I haven't really reviewed all the N0 setup spec stuff and have been looking more at what people are saying about it / each other because I think that's more useful. You are picking some Hats quotes that are before the delineation I posted of my suspicion, which again, timeline wise goes like this

-[everything about N0 that I guess Hats was involved in and which I haven't read at all]
-People start earnestly casing people based on the N0 speculation
-Hats makes a statement about the current cases which I saw as being very hedgey
-I call Hats out on this
-Hats and other people make more statements
-I ask Hats if he is new scum to gauge his reaction
-Other people say Hats is not new, Hats says he is more often awkward as town than scum
-Other poo poo has also happened at this point so I have at this point cooled on Hats because I actually buy what he's saying and there's also new, more engaging discussion. I say as much.

So no, the posts I've already said multiple times I haven't read and which didn't influence my decision...didn't influence my decision? Like maybe we're just not on the same semantic page here but I cannot think of any reason you keep saying it's suspicious I am not talking about an interaction point that I didn't consider at all when looking at the poo poo that was happening more live in front of me. Yeah maybe I should go back and read it but I've cooled on Hats and already said why, why am I going to go back on D1 and look for a smoking gun on someone I'm not feeling is guilty now?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also I legitimately think this is the best case I've made so far:

Quidthulhu posted:

Your standard scumgame is also to magically appear whenever your name is mentioned :allears:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't like him sucking up to me,

Oh get over yourself, my saying I like your case work is not sucking up to you :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

Yet another post about the appropriate level of mad/annoyed Little Mac should be. What does this have to do with alignment?

Because most people who don't have something to hide are more likely to be bluntly honest about the tone of their play if they are actually annoyed and not faking it.

But really to me the more damning thing is that Mac comes off as incredibly annoyed but when people say that's scummy he denies being annoyed until he uses that fact to his advantage to prove a point. That's scummy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

what suffering this game's going great

who do you think you are, Captain Daniels

I still have no idea what happened in Myst except pera demanded I keep a secret I revealed 2/3rds of due to a behind the screen dice roll I was not told was going to happen, and also I shot a really good arrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Speaking of games I paid zero attention to, that recent game (FF5?) where Bif claimed Miller and got a ton of heat D1, was she actually a miller or was she scum?

• Locked thread