Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpelIgwoUKw

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail207.html

Senor Cardgage is my friend.

Putty fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
I'm a fan of the Brothers Chaps. Glad to see the occasional Homestarisrunningdotcom episode.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

I was just wondering if Homestaw Wunno dot net ("it's dot com") was still around. Glad to see the answer is yes.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
im the home star runner

homestar should have been a saturday morning cartoon

it's perfect for it thematically

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
!

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
this is great and good.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

I think I'll watch a bunch of them when I get off work today :)

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
yessssssss

e: that owned, the investment call center ending was perfect

But Rocks Hurt Head fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 15, 2017

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I saw a trogdor the burninator tattoo recently.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The StrongBad twitter has short video clips on it too. Liveaction StrongBad drawing stuff. Puppets. Etc.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

no probalo

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I wonder why these guys just abandoned the site.

I guess interest just nose dived?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Yaws posted:

I wonder why these guys just abandoned the site.

I guess interest just nose dived?

Mike and Matt started doing work in the actual animation industry.

Not the Homestar Runner Wiki posted:

Matthew "Matt" Alan Chapman[1] (born November 1, 1976) and Michael "Mike" Raymond Chapman[2] (born September 20, 1973), known collectively as The Brothers Chaps, are American writers, voice actors, directors, producers and composers. They are best known as the creators of the animated series Homestar Runner.

They are originally from Indiana, but now live in Atlanta, Georgia. Growing up in the 1980s, the Brothers Chaps were creating comic books, filming Super 8 movies and eventually toying with a video camera.[3]

Matt is the primary voice actor for Homestar Runner. For a time, he worked as a writer and director for the children's television series Yo Gabba Gabba!; he also worked for the Disney Channel animated series Gravity Falls and The Hub live-action series The Aquabats! Super Show!, where he also contributed occasional voice work and supporting acting roles. Most notably on The Aquabats! Super Show!, he played the main antagonist of the season one episode "CobraMan!", playing a sleazy carnival barker named Carl, whose voice and appearance were modeled directly after Strong Bad. Matt wrote the Wander Over Yonder episodes "The Bounty" and "The Timebomb" in collaboration with the show's writing staff.

Mike is responsible for half of the Adobe Flash animation, as well as the technical aspects of a site; he also provides intentionally poor imitations of his brother's voice work for the Powered by The Cheat cartoon series. He has also served as a writer for Yo Gabba Gabba!, and like his brother Matt has collaborated with the Wander Over Yonder staff, credited for writing the episode "The Liar".

The brothers have a general development deal with Disney Television Animation, and are currently developing a series of short animations for Disney XD titled Two More Eggs.[4][5] They have directed several music videos, including "Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse" by Of Montreal, "Experimental Film" (featuring the Homestar Runner characters, most notably Strong Sad) and "Figure Eight" by They Might Be Giants, "Brand of Skin" by Folk Implosion, and "LA Lindsay" by Y-O-U, the band who also collaborated with the brothers on Strong Bad Sings.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Thanks for the heads up. I love me some homestar

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
What is this mormon poo poo lol

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002