Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cda

by Hand Knit
If you only read one thing today, make it this:

https://harpers.org/archive/2017/09/public-enemy/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

quote:

juror no. 144: I heard through the news of how the defendant changed the price of a pill by up-selling it. I heard he bought an album from the Wu-Tang Clan for a million dollars.

the court: The question is, have you heard anything that would affect your ability to decide this case with an open mind. Can you do that?

juror no. 144: I don’t think I can because he kind of looks like a dick.

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
final jury for martin shrkeli trial: a snoopy pez dispenser, a yak bak with a recording of ric flair going "wooo", and 10 pigeons that got lost inside the courthouse

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
if martin skhreli can only be judged by a jury of his peers how come i havent thrown him into a pit toilet yet

america is a sham

crimes

Manifisto

this is gold but I wonder sometimes why prospective jurors with an axe to grind are not savvy enough to lie and say they're totally fair and impartial

if you're trying to get out of jury duty fair enough, and honestly everybody deserves an impartial jury so I don't begrudge the urge to tell the truth, but really if you have it out for someone saying the right words to get on the jury would not be so very hard

ty nesamdoom!

Twenty Four

quote:

juror no. 59: And he disrespected the Wu-Tang Clan.

lol

vanisher

lol @ disrespected the wu tang clan at the end

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

vanisher posted:

lol @ disrespected the wu tang clan at the end

lol? u would let him off for that?

Piso Mojado

lolol

treasure bear

exchange the album for a reduced sentence

FactsAreUseless

Manifisto posted:

this is gold but I wonder sometimes why prospective jurors with an axe to grind are not savvy enough to lie and say they're totally fair and impartial

if you're trying to get out of jury duty fair enough, and honestly everybody deserves an impartial jury so I don't begrudge the urge to tell the truth, but really if you have it out for someone saying the right words to get on the jury would not be so very hard
You can get in a lot of trouble if you're caught.

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Let the Wu Tang Clan decide his fate imo

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Manifisto posted:

You don't know how mundane jury duty can be or how long it could last, time to be spent listening to your favorite Wu Tang tracks.

Manifisto

FactsAreUseless posted:

You can get in a lot of trouble if you're caught.

I'm not talking about saying "oh i never heard of the guy" when the night before you went on a 2-hour diatribe to your drinking buddies about him. I'm saying if you are asked "do you think you can be impartial" or "would you have any difficulty imposing the penalty required by law" you just give the obviously correct answer. how anyone could prove you were lying in the moment, outside of you admitting it, im not sure. these are, uh, highly subjective facts and a person can feel differently minute to minute.

ty nesamdoom!

Macnult

Enter the 36 Jurors

cda

by Hand Knit
THE COURT: Sir, we are going to excuse you. Juror Number 69, please come up.

JUROR NO. 69: First things first man you're loving with the worst. I'll be sticking pins in your head like a loving nurse!

THE COURT: The case is going to come before you on evidence that you must consider fairly and with an open mind.

JUROR NO. 69: I come with that ol' loco, style from my vocal, couldn't peep it with a pair of bi-focals

THE COURT: And that’s based on your experience with medication?

JUROR NO. 69: Yeah nigga, fart that poo poo.

THE COURT: Sir, we’re going to excuse you.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
the jurors had to Walk in Buddha's Footsteps across a treacherous sand pit otherwise unforeseen traps would snare their legs, forcing them to re-enter the chambers from the start.

crimes

alnilam

Macnult posted:

Enter the 36 Jurors

FactsAreUseless

An extremely short version of 12 Angry Men.

alnilam

Analytical jurisprudence, and a quod-damnum prosecution style... if what you say is true, the analyticalists and the quod-damna could be dangerous

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit

Macnult posted:

Enter the 36 Jurors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
wow he disrespected the wu tang clan? gently caress that guy hope he fries

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread