Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

carried over from the last thread

Aw, thanks, you didn't have to do that. I'm still wondering when Artie is going to beg off Ant due to drug abuse, however. And I still think Ant's going to pick up some really bad habits from him that will completely destroy his life and career faster than a 3am photoshoot in Times Square. Time will tell.

Morter posted:

The last thread didn't even last a year. :rip:

The funniest thing is that it only started picking up steam when Opie got shitcanned and now is basically retired against his will.

-Atom- posted:

When is Opie getting a show

I doubt he'll ever see a real studio again. He's burned so many bridges and is so talentless that the next time he's in the news it'll be from a divorce, a domestic dispute, or his death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

T Bowl posted:

So Artie Lange is worth a 40% price hike apparently? Wowzers.

No, he's worth a 40% price hike for the two months he'll be on the show, and then when he vanishes the price will remain intact.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Fentry posted:

The O and A subreddit compiled a thing:

http://imgur.com/a/3JodT

Check out The Radio Report on twitter, it's something else

https://twitter.com/theradioreport

The funniest thing about this is that Opie is freaking out about Artie's very short run on Ant's show before he leaves or just stops bothering to show up. Even the ex-Stern hanger-ons are joining the drama parade because they can't give up the Artie train for some reason.

All of this is sad. Not just Opie, but the fact that we have elderly men crying over not getting the popular kid for their club when we all know that kid is going to ditch every single one of these fuckers when the time and heroin is right.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Did he get fired because there's nothing else for him to do or did he take a picture of someone on the shitter?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Wait....didn't E-Rock get presents from his mom in the form of expensive DVD sets (like that Real Ghostbusters one) when he was making six figures??? loving hell, he had a sweet gig while it lasted.

Think he's going to walk over to Scott Shannon for a gig? I have no idea if Scott Shannon is still on the air or not.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

EDIT: Holy poo poo what is up with that People's Court announcer guy? He's lisping so badly he sounds like a lovely Jimmy character.

T Bowl posted:

Artie is in the hospital for drug use.

keratinous scutes posted:

that didn't take long

I knew it was going to happen to gently caress Ant over, but I didn't think it would be this quick.

Kevyn posted:

lol at Joseph Cumia explaining what "pests" are on national television in 2017

"So they're basically trolls, Mr. Cumia?"

"Yeah, but no, but let me explain Bobo..."

*OBVIOUS CUT*

"GET OUT OF MY COURTROOM!"

"What, he has a weird weiner, it's funny!"

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I like how, at the end of the day, the show eventually dissolved everybody down to a version of Bobo. Going on national TV to humiliate yourself for a few thousand bucks when you probably get that as a monthly allowance from your younger brother? Showcasing that your entire life is pretty much driven by the opinions of people online that you don't even know? Making accusations public where nobody in public asked or cared? And you 'win,' which means the guy who pissed you off has the show cover this and gets the added bonus of not wanting to deal with bigots, which you just admitted you are?

He might as well have just taken off his towel in front of his mother and screamed 'look at what you created' because he would have at least the dignity to just humiliating himself to one person. And I'm sure he thinks he won something outside of having visual proof that he's a racist pedophile who takes welfare from his kid brother.

Nothing about any of this says 'dignity.'

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

Apparently Antifa doxxed Nick Di Paolo and his wife because that's a reasonable thing that people do to celebrities they don't agree with.

spudsbuckley posted:

SSI numbers, cell numbers, and home address.

And there was some damage done to his property a couple of weeks back that may have been related or not.

You sure that's Antifas and not Equifax?

Sorry, but I'd need proof. This looks like 'substandard right-wing pseudo-celebrity says he's a target to gain fame and an audience without working that hard.' Because nobody gives a poo poo about this guy. Hell, at this point it would be the pests because they actually heard of him.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Stefan Prodan posted:

Yeah I mean if someone actually doxxed him that'd be bad but I'd be just as likely to believe it's just some pests from the O&A subreddit and back in the day everyone would laugh when they did it to some random rear end in a top hat DJ

Yeah, there's nothing to really attach it to anybody but the O&A fanbase...if it even happened.

DiPaolo just seems pathetic enough to try this stunt since it would be an easy way to gain some momentary fame. And honestly, who cares about this schmuck? The highest profile thing he's had in eons is when he got Artie on his own show and then was tossed off of it because nobody cares about some fat middle-aged loudmouth bitching about his white victimization.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

...Opie's already gone from the job, isn't he? It's been a few days and you know the Pests have already gotten photo proof.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

The Dave posted:

It’s more likely he doesn’t have a job and he paid for that tweet.

Tomahawk posted:

Why are you guys falling for opies lovely bit he’s been tweeting unfunny garbage about being stuck in corporate training leading up to that tweet

Oh, sorry. I'll be honest: I don't follow Opie or any of the boys on Twitter. It's just too depressing.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Kak posted:

So Artie posted this pic on his Twitter and

*image of Artie's nose growing a tumor*

I don't think there will be an A&A show for awhile

Ant had to know about this, he knows that Artie is good for a month or two before he finally implodes.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

You know I was going to laugh at Ant for paying Artie 750k for two months of work, but then I saw this and laughed harder because at least Ant is working. Opie is probably sitting around his house getting fat and trying to get gigs despite people not knowing him at all.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

The Dave posted:

Are you telling me you’re not tuning into Opie’s hilarious “pop up shows” where he fake laughs at everything the Cuban does?

I have no idea what you're talking about, and that just makes the idea that Opie is now trying to branch off even funnier.

So Artie is getting flown to rehab? Is that so he can't escape, or is that code that doctors are going to look at his nose and see if it can be saved or repaired? I imagine at this point he's probably going to be hospitalized just to make the swelling go down.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I thought something had happened, but I didn't expect racists to be going after Ron Bennington like they possibly even could.

I might take a bit before watching that. I really want Ant not to do this poo poo. gently caress, even Jimmy knew how to change the situation into something more lighthearted.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

JFC posted:

If there is one thing you can be sure of in this world it's this.

At this point we're just waiting for Ant to either get in more legal trouble, go bankrupt, or have another incident that devolves him into screaming more racism on Twitter because he's deeply afraid and insecure of black people to the point of destroying his life.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

Ronnie saying he wasn't funny anymore because of the race obsession has really hosed him up.

The truth loving hurts. And even Ant has to realize it on some level with his 'I know what Opie did now' phrasing. And I'm glad Ant tossed off the right-wing humorless douche as well in favor of Ron: hopefully it was something that will eventually lead him to a better life and maybe better radio.

And let's be fair, that Colin guy was pretty much Ant during his rants in 2014 before he got his rear end canned: humorless, angry, and dense. Humor requires insight that Ant has and I hope he starts making a change...even if he doesn't, he should. All of this madness has gone on for too long.

Edit: Decided to check out Wikipedia because Colin Flaherty types often use it as a free billboard for their idiocy, and came across this entry in his bizarrely titled book. It's most famous for it's bigotry (no shock) and...well, you read it.

The book so funny he forgot to edit!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 8, 2018

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

JFC posted:

Looking great.

Why did he go bald so quickly? Did he get hair plugs and they fell off? Either way, just take some trimmers and go completely bald. It's better than 'comedy witch from Looney Tunes' that he's been rocking for a bit.

To Battle posted:

Ant has become the Donald Trump of Radio.

Wait, so now he's saying it's wrong to be racist and harassing? Did Ron going on his show and telling him to stop the racism poo poo really work?!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Reince Penis posted:

Glad to see Ronnie B and Shelby finally buried the hatchet

I'm still baffled that they hired him as a tech person when he's strictly someone who belongs on a mic and nothing more. Yeah, you could train him, but relying on a drunk and a mentally disturbed lunatic isn't going to help.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

TL posted:

Classic Shelb

Also, it didn't help that he was probably fired not for being a tech-type but because Fez didn't want Ron to have another possible gay sidekick to replace him. Despite the fact Fez never talked and now is rotting away in Florida, waiting to die as he morphs into an abusive old woman.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

burmart posted:

I saw Fez outside the Last Jedi on opening day. He was super nice and seemed to be in good health. I felt bad bugging him to chat, but it was my one chance to meet my hero.

It was at the Sundial movie theater in St. Pete. He was probably with family, so I felt like an extra jerk trying to talk to him.

I thought he was continuing to have stents put in and had a full-blown heart attack when down there. Did he manage to turn it around? Good for him. I guess my listening lately about his final days on Satellite is making me a bit biased and bringing up the disgust I had for him. That said, I am listening to the D.C. stuff and....I like him. And I kinda feel bad for him. That'll probably change as well.

In fact, can someone point me to stuff that will make me like Fez again? Turn this grumpy poster around, so to speak.

That said, I'm really hating Billy Staples. Ugh.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Stefan Prodan posted:

Have you heard A Filthy Christmas yet? Because man that is quite a thing by Staples

You see they're like normal Christmas songs

but they're filthy

So who did he rip them off of, Red Peters?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Goblin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=234Y76_3YPE&t=550s

East Side Dave getting the most press he's ever had off this Donkey Kong thing

Does ESD really have somebody playing old-timey piano when he tries to make a dramatic point? That must get old fast.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Apoplexy posted:

Is Melissa Stetten Ant's ex? If so, she's come back up recently: https://twitter.com/MelissaStetten/status/974440625520066560

Also notice: 'retired' model.

So is it just luck that she caught the eye of Hairpiece Junior or does she actively go for pathetic right-wing types with daddy issues?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Morter posted:

So, isn't this great?!

Would have been greater if it was four years ago before he got his rear end canned.

Anyway, I'm laughing a little at the Westwood One Opie announcement: he's part of their podcast channel but has the ability to sign up more people? Also, he's on Monday and Wednesdays and claiming to be a big star to homeless people? It seems really sad for some reason, especially since he could have done a podcast for nothing right after he was fired. This whole thing seems like a lark he can do while being censored so he can finally make it to Social Security or something.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

TL posted:

So is Sam dying? I saw a picture of him the other day from a few years ago, and he looks like he’s aged 20 years.

The only thing keeping him going for a while was pitting people against each other. Now that Opie is pretty much dead in the water, Sam has to work and it's turning him into an older, sadder version of his Disco Caveman self.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Stokes posted:

It went from a wrestling act to how he coped with real life.

I finally had a chance to listen to some of their DC stuff and it really was amazing how quick Fez was with the comedy. He was pretty solid and quick with the lines....but honestly, seeing what happened when he went to New York, he probably should have just resigned and went back to Florida after DC was done. Fez is only going to be happy if he's back home, and nothing will ever change that.

The whole trip for him to Sirius and the resultant multi-year collapse was just a waste of time and effort. And the career sabotage he did to himself instead of trying to make it in New York is something extraordinary to behold. I don't think he's gay, he's just not sane, nor never will be.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Ransom posted:

Steakgate. I do not understand what the gently caress that was. The fight was too viscous to be fake and the whole scenario it was too weird to be real.

Was that the one where Fez was arguing with Chris and tried to speak for Ron, only for Ron to go off on him about 'don't you dare speak on account of me' and just shut Fez down completely? That was pretty awesome since it was the real beginning of the end for Fez where you could tell Ron had just had enough of wiping this sad old queen's rear end and wanted him gone. It was also during the time where Fez was basically begging Ron to keep the act together and then he went nuts as B.L. and basically revealed he was jealous of Ron's success and friendships.

poo poo, how the gently caress do I retain all of this? loving hell.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Mob posted:

I hope it has hooves and there's video of Ron chasing Pep with a shotgun

it'd be like watching a 10-meter dash

They would get a block before the both of them would be huffing and puffing and trying to catch their breath.

Your Parents posted:

Oh poo poo. Speak of the devil...

How the hell is the guy doing? Does he have a bigger stent collection now?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

T Bowl posted:

Just going to leave this here from after Opie got fired:

https://twitter.com/Fezshitter/status/883015052755972096

I like how his winning is moving back home to be depressed with his family, to not be himself because of his mom, and generally die of proxy self-hatred by eating himself into more heart problems. Not siding with Opie, but Fezzie really isn't winning anything except painful life leading to death.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

JB50 posted:

I think The Bonfire is the best thing going on satellite these days, and they never talk politics.

Plus their constant fascination with Corey Feldman is pretty funny.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Found this on YouTube again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSyCzFw-yzM

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

a bitchin jetski posted:

Opie is on Twitter claiming that Sirius called him to come back to replace Jim and Sam once their contract is up in October.

The Brothaman turned them down because the money was bad and there are still too many toxic people there! Fawk yeah!

Much better to do a free podcast with Vic Henley at a Dennys or whatever.

Shouldn't he be doing anything else with his time now that he's a multi-millionaire with a lot of free time? poo poo, start a real production company or something. Why bother with this fake drama bullshit?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

JFC posted:

Can we remove this loving loser from the thread title. He doesn't have anything to do with Ant, Opie, Jim, Sam, or the Bennington Show.

"HEY GAR....*FAKE COUGH*...IT'S ART, I'M NOT GONNA BE IN TODAY BECAUSE I SLAMMED INTO A WALL REAL HARD *FAKE COUGH*"

Holy poo poo, I thought that was a photoshop but nope. Check it out:

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2018/12/artie-lange-avoids-jail-but-tests-positive-for-cocaine-at-nj-court-appearance-its-in-my-system.html

With video goodness so you can see the Rocky Dennis nose in action. I'm not even horrified at this point, I'm just laughing too hard because he's going to be noseless in about five months. Jesus loving Christ, this is the perfect mix of horror and comedy. He's not going to die, but he's sure as hell rotting well enough.

Edit: also, can't he afford someone to make him a suit so he can be decent looking in court? The more I look at this mess, the more poo poo I find to laugh/be horrified about.

Edit 2: Oh please, someone with mad Photoshop skills, turn that thing into a snout so we can at least laugh at it.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Dec 15, 2018

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

So this is AFTER the surgery?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

CrashCat posted:

tfw you only find out TV's Frank had a job because you read that he lost it

Honestly, 'Radio's Frank' doesn't really sound that cool.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Stefan Prodan posted:

RON: You used to be one of the funniest people in the world
ANTHONY: I'm still hilarious
RON: *won't make eye contact, dead silent*

I feel bad for Ron there. He's so close to just laying it out for Ant and bringing it all to a head: the grooming young girls, the alcoholism, the pathetic racism. And you can tell if he even approaches one of those things it'll just dovetail into the whole thing and simply destroy Ant who really comes across of not being able to deal with ANY of it.

That said, one of the greatest tragedies of this whole thing is that you can see how racism can destroy a genuinely funny guy. Ant has his issues, but he had some really funny moments. By all rights in an alternate reality him and Jimmy are doing a MST3K for the entire run of the Ropers and making fun of the theme. That's what we could have had, and Ant's problems just robbed us of that fun.

Edit: gently caress it, here's the Ropers bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO4XW0JbGdI&t=263s

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

Saw a bunch of new posts, thought maybe Anthony died. Nope, just still racist.

Nah, he's going to be busted for child molestation first.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Communist Thoughts posted:

Bennington is good now that Earl is back, I've been binging on YT clips by midnight slider. Chris running earls tinder was hilarious, that's the kind of bizzare psychological dramedy that made R&F so good.

I do miss the big cat though

And here we go! This is pretty awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ij1z100Eqs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

I'm sorry, even if you don't want to watch that whole video, just watch the first 15 seconds and check out the top YouTube comment

:laffo:

drat accurate.

I wonder why they give a poo poo about Opie anymore. It's been years, just move on.