Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voltraine
Feb 8, 2017

by Smythe
Back in 2005 in GBS I was part of the vanguard of what, in later years, would become known as social justice. Though my education was still in its infancy, I possessed a vigor and a fresh keening insight that positioned me as a worthy ally in the tireless rhetorical battles that plagued these forums. Bear in mind this was before Laissez-Faire and Helldump, where basic sincere conservatism went wide-eyed and presumptive on every topic. And of course that population had their champions and superstars who managed the thinnest veneer of clever irony.

In one of my arguments with such a poster, at the end of many pages syllogisms and owns he threw down what was in his mind the ultimate gauntlet; he challenged that, if I felt so comfortable with Afro-Americans, then perhaps I would balk no concern at the prospect of being air-dropped into the middle of Harlem, the historically Afro neighborhood of New York City. A silly hyperbole intended to reveal the insincerity of my professed beliefs; however, in the years intervening I've related this story to many a friend in the bourgeoning online leftist movement, to chuckles and a guffaw at the idea of, heh, actually doing that to shove it in the face of racists everywhere. And tomorrow, on behalf of Vice.com, I am going to make that poster's absurdity a reality.

At approximately 3am I will pass over the drop zone, Harlem's famous St. Nicholas park. Under cover of night I will extricate myself from the brush and make my way through the ruins of The City College of New York, hopefully identifying relevant archaeological artifacts for extraction. Despite training in the cutting edge of disguise and body transformation science, there is great danger should I inadvertently reveal my subterfudge - most of this population has never seen a white person outside of television, and their long cultural segregation has made their very psychology unpredictable, but only due to the dire nurture of their environment. Wish me luck, GBS, is there any particular observations you'd like me note during my time on the ground?

Voltraine fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Sir, this is an Arby's

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im picturing the die hard with a vengeance scene now

Amanda Huggensuck
Nov 8, 2012
you have stiff competition, but this may be the most awful thread I've ever seen

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

stay there.

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004

Voltraine posted:

subterfudge

Judy Blume has gotten weird lately, apparently

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Nick Rivers posted:

Judy Blume has gotten weird lately, apparently

Lmao

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

gary oldmans diary posted:

im picturing the die hard with a vengeance scene now

I'm picturing something more Rex Kramer, Danger Seeker, from Kentucky Fried Movie.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Julius CSAR posted:

Sir, this is an Arby's

Why always a fast food joint? It can be something less repeated, like so:

Mr. President, that's the button to order a coke.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whoa like a real life snake plisskin except he's seeking culture! :staredog:

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Lots of white people live in Harlem now. It's hip

regardless,

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hey OP, Chinatown here

How many shots of fireball can you do in one sitting before puking?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
we are all going to die

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'll pack your chute, OP. ;)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
is this a continuation of those goons who were obsessed with that dead gay scifi writer who hid relics or cognac bottle trinkets around the country and you've absolutely determined where one is but they won't let you dig?

ok cool whatever happened to that anyhways?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Wasn't NYC a lot more dangerous before they decided the police just didn't have to respect the rights of people walking down the street?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
harlem is passe OP, might i suggest chicago?

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I've never been to Harlem but I have been to Patterson, NJ and I can't imagine Harlem possibly being worse then that.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

i am a white guy who lives in Harlem ama

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Bold Robot posted:

i am a white guy who lives in Harlem ama

How does it compare to New Jersey vis vis shittiness?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

...and the pitch! posted:

Wasn't NYC a lot more dangerous before they decided the police just didn't have to respect the rights of people walking down the street?

Giuliani did a lot of hosed up things to "clean up" the city including giving the city's chronically homeless bus tickets to jersey.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Jim Barris posted:

How does it compare to New Jersey vis vis shittiness?

I haven't spent much time in Jersey but Harlem is not that lovely unless you go all the way east on 125th st, there are a lot of crackheads there

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

WatermelonGun posted:

Giuliani did a lot of hosed up things to "clean up" the city including giving the city's chronically homeless bus tickets to jersey.
lmao

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:
Yo it's immortal technique.

Sopapillas! Alright!
Oct 24, 2010
ok when you coming to pick me up

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

Sopapillas! Alright! posted:

ok when you coming to pick me up

comin' now with the Mi-17.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

I thought Harlem was gentrified. I remember hearing Bill Clinton has an office there now.

Also, look for Booker T and Stevie Ray.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Barnes And Body Works posted:

Yo it's immortal technique.

Celph Titled & Apathy

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
get 99 others to drop with you.
100 men enter, 1 man leaves.

THIS

IS

BATTLE

ROYALE

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004

WatermelonGun posted:

Sending the homeless to New Jersey is cruel & unusual punishment. No one deserves being sent to live in Jersey.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Don't forget to stop at Sylvia's for the best barbecued ribs ever. I would endure the fury of a hundred angry Black Islamists for a taste of those ribs.

http://places.singleplatform.com/sylvias-40/menu?ref=google

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

WatermelonGun posted:

when you got out of rikers they used to give you a one way bus ticket to my city lol

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Im expecting OP to parachute into the park and land on another guy's dick.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I thought about living in harlem but it's too long a commute.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Nice verbose poo poo post op. Eat my poo poo

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

gently caress you nazi ss paratrooper piece of poo poo op for this long racist post you are so loving hosting blacks so much that you talk about the blsck school like nobody uses it because they're just monkeys to you well gently caress you mister I hope you die online!!!

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Voltraine posted:

Though my education was still in its infancy, I possessed a vigor and a fresh keening insight that positioned me as a worthy ally in the tireless rhetorical battles that plagued these forums.

Who bought Sir Arthur Conan Doyle an SA account?

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Dress up as Snake Plissken for it

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
answer my question OP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Subterfudge is an inferior prequel to Superfudge.

• Locked thread