Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

quote:

A van has plowed into a crowd of people in Barcelona, causing several injuries, local police say. The incident took place near the popular tourist area of Las Ramblas, which has been sealed off, according to a Catalan police spokesman. Officials said several people have been injured. They were unable to give a motive for the incident. Catalan police told everyone in the vicinity of Plaça de Catalunya to remain inside.

Reuters reported that local emergency services have requested the closure of metro and train stations in the vicinity of the incident. Police told people to avoid the area. A witness told local media the situation was "very tense" and all surrounding shops are being evacuated. The witness said at least eight ambulances at the scene. Emergency services say the area has been cordoned off and all public transportation stopped.

Link

There are also reports that two armed men have entered a restaurant and are holding hostages, but that's unconfirmed. Sadly it seems like we might have yet another ongoing terrorist attack.

e- also I know this is a lot to ask but can we make it to at least page 10 without a slapfight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

quote:

They were unable to give a motive for the incident.

lol

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They just wanted some paella right this minute.

e: they eat paella in Spain, you see.

brylcreem fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 17, 2017

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
We have video footage of the hostages in the cafe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbsYIN3oVBg&t=12s

Chemtrail
Dec 29, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
We will never know his motivation.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Chemtrail posted:

We will never know his motivation.

Strong possibility the motivation was white power. nazis are taking car attacks back.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
spanish fascists are the worst

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, that van could very well have been pushed into the crowd from the pressure of a ruptured water main

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Catalonia is cool and I hope people are okay.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Barcelona is an ugly town and this thread is gonna suck.

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

does anybody know if the driver was scared?

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I condemn the violence on both sides of these attacks

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
reports of gunfire at a market nearby

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

VikingSkull posted:

reports of gunfire at a market nearby

drat, i posted my condemnation of violence on both sides too soon.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
to be fair it could have been balloons popping

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VikingSkull posted:

reports of burst pipes at a market nearby

FTFY

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

VikingSkull posted:

Link

There are also reports that two armed men have entered a restaurant and are holding hostages, but that's unconfirmed. Sadly it seems like we might have yet another ongoing terrorist attack.

e- also I know this is a lot to ask but can we make it to at least page 10 without a slapfight

VS?! Are you Day Gay???

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

those guys need to learn to drive, also their guns are weather balloons.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I condemn the violence on both sides of these attacks

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Over There posted:

VS?! Are you Day Gay???

I'm a man of many faces, nearly all of them ugly

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ElectricSheep posted:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, that van could very well have been pushed into the crowd from the pressure of a ruptured water main

A Spanish main?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What are the Charlottesville protestors doing in Spain?

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Big Beef City posted:

A Spanish main?

And I said look out Ford, you know he's going to win

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Ban all cars IMO

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
spain has alwasy been the worst eu country

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

spain has alwasy been the worst eu country
yeah...of course they would be the one to get terrorist attacked :rolleyes:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

typical freaking spaniards

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'm going to wait until I have all the facts until I rashly call this terrorism. And even if it is terrorisn you could arguably say George Washington was a terrorist

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Barcelona is a piece of poo poo too. Go down to Córdoba or Malaga.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

I'm going to wait until I have all the facts until I rashly call this terrorism. And even if it is terrorisn you could arguably say George Washington was a terrorist

Yeah, has anyone ever stopped to think what the British felt about America wanting to be independent?!

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

I'm a man of many faces, nearly all of them ugly

A man needs a name

The_end
May 17, 2014
If they would have put bull horns on the front of the van it would be a yearly festival.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Religion of peace strikes back?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm sure the driver was just scared and panicked.

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh
My apartment is like half a kilometer away from this. My wife and mother-in law were about 200 yards away when it happened. They're OK. It's time to open a bottle of wine. Spanish life rules.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Hilarious title, rear end in a top hat.

The restaurant where hostages are being kept- Luna de Istanbul- is where my parents ate dinner LAST NIGHT. And I cannot get to my father because he lives across the Rambla.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Over There posted:

Barcelona is a piece of poo poo too. Go down to Córdoba or Malaga.

Wow look at this person with terrible opinions DID I JUST HEAR A calçot

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 17, 2017

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Hilarious title, rear end in a top hat.

The restaurant where hostages are being kept- Luna de Istanbul- is where my parents ate dinner LAST NIGHT. And I cannot get to my father because he lives across the Rambla.

Count yourself lucky they didn't go there today.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Time to play ISIS or alt-right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

LochNessMonster posted:

Count yourself lucky they didn't go there today.

She and I were supposed to go to the Corte Ingles at Catalunya today but I asked her not to make me go to that tourist shithole. I was down the street from this, but not close enough to ahve seen.

According to my mother's friend, who is friends with someone who works with the police, the death toll has risen to twelve and they believe there is a bomb downtown.

• Locked thread