Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Bayernbonus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
That's a tasty game.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
The thread is still missing a proper opening post.

And the Dembele deal seems to be done at last. Bummer they let him go, we'll see how far the BVB can go without him. Pulisic isn't a bad replacement.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Infected posted:

Well a good fifth of all that still goes to Rennes, which is why they wanted so much money to begin with.

Rennes' share is capped at 20 million, so his true cost was 35 million. And there's a 40 million bonus for Dortmund, depending on how well Dembele performs etc. There will be a further windfall from this for the BVB above the 105 million they get immediately.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Trump really was the herald of Bizarro World!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Ich dachte, Sinn der Sache beim Videoschiedsrichter ist, dass Fehlentscheidungen verringert werden sollen. Der Schiedsrichter hat fälschlicherweise vor dem 2:0 abgepfiffen. Nach Videobeweis wurde das Tor dann gegeben. Rein regeltechnisch war das Spiel vor dem Tor unterbrochen, aber praktischerweise hätte kein Kölner den Ball am Überqueren der Linie hindern können. Durch den Videoschiedsrichter wurde eine Fehlentscheidung korrigiert, das ist meiner Meinung nach gut so. Nun müssen eben die Regeln angepasst werden, dass so ein Tor in zukunft auch offiziell legal wird. Rufe nach einer neuansetzung sind der total falsche Ansatz.

Übrigens steht in den Regeln der IFAB, dass Fehlentscheidungen des VAR genauso Tatsachenentscheidungen sind wie bei menschlichen Schiedsrichter, das Regelwerk gibt also eine Neuansetzung des Spiels nicht her.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Dunban posted:

Neuer is out with a foot injury until January :suicide:

Again?!?

That really sucks, I hope Ter Stegen is finally ready to be his full time replacement.

Oh, and condolences for Bayern, I guess.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

trem_two posted:

apparently Carlo has been sacked

Who's going to replace him though? I think he would have been fired long before if they only had a replacement.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Dunban posted:

I hate myself for saying this, but: save us, Tuchel :pray:

I can't imagine him working together with Kalle and especially Uli. If it's really Tuchel, it will be the return of the FC Hollywood, imho.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Uli shouldn't have returned.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Dunban posted:

I'm not super excited about Kovac, but it could've been much worse. We could still make another go at Tuchel or Nagelsmann in a couple of years.

My first reaction was "this is just a placeholder until Nagelsmann comes next year". I thought he was Uli's favorite, and just wanted to complete his contract at Hoffenheim?

And it's hard to imagine Tuchel going to Bayern. Wasn't he headed to PSG? If he succeeds there, why would he go to Bayern? If he fails there, why would Bayern want him?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Neuer isn't getting younger. I actually felt he was noticeably worse last season than the seasons before, both for Bayern and the Nationalmannschaft. Still a great goalkeeper, but it wouldn't hurt to keep giving Ulreich playing time. And I don't know if it's more dangerous to bring Neuer or break up an eingespieltes Team. Match practice is important, and there are less than 10 games left this season.

Curious what Loew decides for Russia. Ter Stegen for first keeper?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Infected posted:

Petersen over Wagner is the only semi surprise with the nominations.

A sane manager wouldn't include Manuel Neuer.

Anyway, season recap: Everything sucks. HSV down, Bayern Meister again, Schalke placed higher than Dortmund. :(

Also: Tedesco is a Hurensohn, etc.

That said, it is nice to see some fresh faces being pretty successful. Kovac, Nagelsmann, Herrlich, Tedesco. It's so bad when all these 70 year old Opas get another chance in the Bundesliga when clubs need a new manager, only to be fired at the end of the season, if not before. Looking forward to next season, can they replicate that feat? Schalke arguably finished below their potential quite a few times recently, and the core of the successful Leverkusen team under Schmidt was still there. Nagelsmann and Kovac have already proven to be talented, let's look how their careers continue.

Kovac's will hopefully crash ;)

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
It's basically a crime against football that we got into the 2006 2002 World Cup final.

I'm not saying there are not better managers, but we could do far worse. And it's partly out of the hands of the manager anyway, since it's difficult to expand the player pool they can choose from.

Edit: I'm dumb and can't remember dates :downs:

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 13:56 on May 23, 2018

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Wengy posted:

Good thing you didn’t :D

Thanks for catching that!

We were basically taking advantage of the refs clearing an easy path for South Korea to at least get into the semi-final.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Smirr posted:

The defence was all Kahn IIRC and then he shat the bed in the final. RIP just RIP

He had a broken finger or something like that IIRC.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

frankenfreak posted:

You still need someone to make a Germany thread?

frankenfreak posted:

Alright. I'll wait for the final squad being announced tomorrow though.

Everything alright, frankenfreak? :ohdear:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Doing a huge LOL that Nagelsmann will coach Leipzig in a little more than a year. Good work, Uli!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Given how inept the rest of the Bundesliga teams are, it's not likely to threaten Bayern's hold on the Meisterschaft, but I doubt they will have a lot of success in Europe with Hoeneß and co. mismanaging the club.

Hauptsache es ist wieder Mia san Mia bei Bayern!

• Locked thread