Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Twain. Mencken. Swift. Tyson?

For me, you can't beat "I'll gently caress you til you love me, human being" just for the layers upon layers that are in that sentiment.

Honourable mention to "I want to eat his children, praise be to ALLAH"

What's YOUR favourite Mike Tysonism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gungan Sex Toys
Jun 21, 2017
i thought the thread title was "mike tysons greatest tits"

don't trick me into clicking threads anymore.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Mike Tyson posted:

"I was fat and ugly. Kids teased me all the time. The only joy I had was pigeons."

:(

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs
Spinal

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
The man is a poet.

quote:

I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard

Robot Robling
Jun 25, 2004

There's always the Candian talk show he went on after he met with a politician there.

His rape case was very conterversial, with evidence removed from the trial that was shown to several jurors after, all of which said "I'd have never convicted him if I had known that." You can see how that and the whole "career damaged severely and my fortune lost" thing would leave it a sore subject.

Well, the host of the live TV morning show decided to allude to it. Tyson, as you might imagine, responded in anger. You watch as Tyson drinks it in, the host feels uncomfortable and tries to change the subject to standard fare cheesy morning show stuff.

Tyson has none of it, calling him "a rat piece of poo poo" among other things, while his manager smiles calmly.

It's pretty magical.

"Mike this is live TV."

"gently caress you. What are you going to do about it?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiJ-hLWoPQk

During the height of his career, he was a joy to watch; a raving madman. Early on though, during his Olympic boxing days, he was a crying mess, weeping in fear before matches. It's a crazy change to observe.

By the way, the rest of the "I'll gently caress you til you love me, human being." press conference is hilarious too. Probably the best line uttered in all combat sports, hahaha

We also can't forget "My back was broken." "Your back was broken? How? Where?"

[pause]

"Spinal."

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I thought the thread was going to be iron mike knocking motherfuckers out.

Robot Robling
Jun 25, 2004

If you think that's sad, check this interview some time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhThso-PE_o

He talks about his mom's drug use, not even being taught to wash himself, it gets deep.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
"I've been robbed of most of my money; can I at least get a blowjob?"

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Mike Tyson is a sage of the age. His statement that "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." harkens back to Helmuth von Moltke the Elder's observation that “…no plan of operations extends with any certainty beyond the first contact with the main hostile force.” or, its more popular condensed form of "No plan survives first contact with the enemy."

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Robot Robling posted:

There's always the Candian talk show he went on after he met with a politician there.

His rape case was very conterversial, with evidence removed from the trial that was shown to several jurors after, all of which said "I'd have never convicted him if I had known that." You can see how that and the whole "career damaged severely and my fortune lost" thing would leave it a sore subject.

Well, the host of the live TV morning show decided to allude to it. Tyson, as you might imagine, responded in anger. You watch as Tyson drinks it in, the host feels uncomfortable and tries to change the subject to standard fare cheesy morning show stuff.

Tyson has none of it, calling him "a rat piece of poo poo" among other things, while his manager smiles calmly.

It's pretty magical.

"Mike this is live TV."

"gently caress you. What are you going to do about it?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiJ-hLWoPQk

During the height of his career, he was a joy to watch; a raving madman. Early on though, during his Olympic boxing days, he was a crying mess, weeping in fear before matches. It's a crazy change to observe.

By the way, the rest of the "I'll gently caress you til you love me, human being." press conference is hilarious too. Probably the best line uttered in all combat sports, hahaha

We also can't forget "My back was broken." "Your back was broken? How? Where?"

[pause]

"Spinal."

This is so gooood

Just watch his eyes after the interviewer brings up the conviction lmao. Genuinely wants to kill the guy

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Nut to Butt posted:

Mike Tyson is a sage of the age. His statement that "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." harkens back to Helmuth von Moltke the Elder's observation that “…no plan of operations extends with any certainty beyond the first contact with the main hostile force.” or, its more popular condensed form of "No plan survives first contact with the enemy."

For the first time in my life I mentally read a quote from von Moltke in Mike Tyson's voice. Amazing.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
dude was basically a real life version of every time a robot in a cartoon goes haywire and runs amok

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
He was on WWE circa 2009 and told that little midget he was gonna rip his intestines out and jump rope with them. Made me think

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
also it's a goddamned shame that people remember him as a wild animal and a nutcase because the dude was such a deadly combination of fast and technically proficient that it's almost insane to think of

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
He taught me how to knock a person out if I had to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APx2yFA0-B4

Or, be a mindless bull.

I'm nether;

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
He has a PhD. Seriously. Honorarium for contributions to the English language.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_trSpg99yc

Mike, why do you have to talk like that?

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Mike Tyson's greatest hit will always be Mike Tyson Mysteries

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWeD5KXx5WI

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Probably Robin Givens

murex
Apr 30, 2009

by Lowtax
My favorite Mike Tyson greatest hit was when he beat up that old guy and forced him to say the racial slur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMfn9ETOy_Y&t=2687s

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Gungan Sex Toys posted:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
If you haven't read his auto biography, I feel bad for you. Dude grew up as a feral child in Bed Stuy. I think he might be one of the most interesting dudes of our time.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

When he beat up Mitch "Blood" Green outside of that nightclub after he beat the poo poo out of him in the ring

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Mike Tyson's Mystery Team is the best 15 minutes of TV ever.

Robot Robling
Jun 25, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

also it's a goddamned shame that people remember him as a wild animal and a nutcase because the dude was such a deadly combination of fast and technically proficient that it's almost insane to think of

It SERIOUSLY is.

Before Cus died, he was an actual machine, I think. boxing does something other sports are just catching on to; catching kids before or right at the start of puberty so their bodies can literally develop for the express purpose of boxing. It's big in Thailand for Muay Thai as well. They start young, knowing that what their life is going to be, is this one sport. That's what Cus did with Mike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KrIQSoGVV0

Just, a fast twitch Incredible Hulk, peek-a-booing around and scaring normal people in his prime.

Sidenote: No one mention how gay I am for Mike Tyson, i already get it, alright?

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Grem posted:

Mike Tyson's Mystery Team is the best 15 minutes of TV ever.

^^^

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Gungan Sex Toys posted:

don't trick me into clicking threads anymore.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
"I wish one of you guys had children so I could kick them in the loving head or stomp on their testicles so you could feel my pain because that's the pain I have waking up every day."

That was always a memorable one for me. Anybody remotely interested should watch James Toback's documentary, Tyson, because it is awesome.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Robot Robling posted:

It SERIOUSLY is.

Before Cus died, he was an actual machine, I think. boxing does something other sports are just catching on to; catching kids before or right at the start of puberty so their bodies can literally develop for the express purpose of boxing. It's big in Thailand for Muay Thai as well. They start young, knowing that what their life is going to be, is this one sport. That's what Cus did with Mike.

Just, a fast twitch Incredible Hulk, peek-a-booing around and scaring normal people in his prime.

Sidenote: No one mention how gay I am for Mike Tyson, i already get it, alright?

A lot of people watch poo poo like this and think, "Whatever" but man, I really wish they would join a boxing gym. Those loving bags are heavy as gently caress.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I forget what fight it was but when I was a kid there was one of his fights and the dude he was fighting threw a combo, Mike ducked every punch by crouching like all the way down to the mat and then he just absolutely rocked the dude

it was like watching a loving mongoose on National Geographic

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Robot Robling posted:

It SERIOUSLY is.

That left hook to the body and then the left hook upstairs is crazy.

Crazy effective too

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
mike tyson mysteries is a good show op

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If aliens ever had us pick one perfect killing machine to compete in an intergalactic fighting battle royale, there is no doubt in my mind that Mike Tyson would be the correct choice

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's pretty cool that Mike Tyson's translators make it look like he's saying nice poetic things IMO.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

He's fine. I think people need to stop messing with him. He does know a lot about pigeons. And prison. And boxing. And other things. Leave him be, maybe.

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.

ElGroucho posted:

If you haven't read his auto biography, I feel bad for you. Dude grew up as a feral child in Bed Stuy. I think he might be one of the most interesting dudes of our time.

dang it, i didnt know he had an autobiography. i even read an excerpt from it a few years ago online but didnt notice it was from the book.

http://nymag.com/news/features/mike-tyson-2013-10/

my favorite thing from the excerpt was how cus had him repeating "the best fighter in the world. nobody can beat me." all the time. i actually started saying the same thing to myself after reading that and felt a nice confidence boost lol. gonna buy that book now, theres a lot to learn from mike. pretty cool guy.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Monos Bullet posted:

dang it, i didnt know he had an autobiography. i even read an excerpt from it a few years ago online but didnt notice it was from the book.

http://nymag.com/news/features/mike-tyson-2013-10/

my favorite thing from the excerpt was how cus had him repeating "the best fighter in the world. nobody can beat me." all the time. i actually started saying the same thing to myself after reading that and felt a nice confidence boost lol. gonna buy that book now, theres a lot to learn from mike. pretty cool guy.

All right, there are things to learn, but first of all you don't need to pay. He doesn't even get that money.
If you wanna be like Mike, please just feed some birds for a little. It will teach you a lot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the dude is willing to play a parody of himself in a cartoon. not like once or twice as a simpsons cameo- everyone has done that by now. but doing two seasons of a show which is mostly about how amusingly weird he is? i have to respect the level of guts that takes.

it probably doesn't hurt that mike tyson mysteries is legitimately good, though.

• Locked thread