Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Hi everyone.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Hal Incandenza posted:

Don't like this Applebee's hate out of the gate, why does yuming think she is better than us?

because shes right. applebees is garbage tier food

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Applebees, TGI Friday's and Ruby Tuesday: the scum trifecta

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
why is d1 so long jfc

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Anyone else getting scum vibes from nutsack Rangoon? Maybe it's just me. Vector_to is definitely town though.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

vector_to posted:

:yeah:

is pmush still town tho? I lost track

I don't have a good read at the moment, but some people seem to think so. for now ,that's good enough for me.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
When does d1 end?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
just had a read through the thread.

strongest town reads from: vector_to, pmush, yumin, jonathan fisk

most suspicious of kasumeat, chic trombone, nutsack rangoon

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I've been trying to make sense of the JFisk/kasumat votes on the previous page. Fisk claimed he was attempting to lay a honeypot for kasumat, which seemed to work, since in return, kasumat voted to lynch Fisk. Maybe they both are town, maybe Fisk is scum.

FWIW, after kasumat voted to lynch Fisk, Vector-to immediately jumped in and voted for Fisk ("I'm feeling lazy. Explain"). After Hal said that Fisk is town, Vector backtracked a bit, and eventually unvoted Fisk. Does this mean that Vector is scum, and was trying to get on a town wagon early? Maybe not, but it was definitely a strange play.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
What does TR mean? Thanks

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
^^ looking forward to reading that

I'm torn between Jfisk and vector_to, and trusting other player's confidence that JFisk is town. ##vote vector_to.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

vector_to posted:

Aight, it's 2 am and I need to sleep, and the only thing that's sticking out to me so far is this.

Half this post is summarising prior events and contributes nothing. The other half is basically Hal's case from here, with little/no amendments.

It's low content, and re-using someone else's case as their own, as far as I read it anyway. Based on this, I'm gonna park on ##vote b-minus1 and call it a night.

The post of mine that you are quoting was made almost 12 hours ago. You’ve only just now addressed it, even though you have been active throughout the day. I understand it is late where you live, but I gave you plenty of time to respond to my post, and you failed to do it. Instead, you made this post, threw out a vote for me, and resigned for the day. How exactly does this help our situation?

The reason for my “summarizing’ post was to attempt to make sense of the activity on the previous page, since there was clearly some confusion with all the votes flying around. This (IMO) marked the end of shitposting and the start of scum hunting, and was worth dissecting. JFisk’s honeypot post/kasumat vote makes me think that fisk doesn’t know anything about kasumat’s role/alignment. Similarly, it seems unlikely that kasumat has any info on Jfisk, and was simply acting defensive when he voted for Jfisk.

What sticks out to me, above everything else is vector-to’s JFisk vote, which (as he just stated) others pointed out as scummy before I did in my post.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

PMush Perfect posted:

What changed? I know what happened with Fisk, but can you explain your turnaround on vector? I like it the most of the candidates that are on the table right now.

b's new, Chic's back and contributing, and I still just see Hasu's reactions as someone town who doesn't know Taste's meta. Vector's been around for enough games that he's probably past the point of new player D1 protection, and Hal's case on him makes some good sense to me.

I'm also willing to go for Nutsack, though. Weirdly snipey over the past few days, and then drops a vote on someone with no votes (Jedit) and a single-sentence justification. It didn't feel like a case or a real vote so much as someone wanting to be seen voting and doing so in the most harmless and ineffectual possible.

I figured someone would bring this up. Vector-to was obviously my fakepeek. I would really prefer not discussing roles especially on d1, but since I have two votes now I might as well explain myself. In my experience, the best thing a town player can do is provide seer cover (not sure what you guys call this role), especially on d1. I decided to abandon that play once we started getting legitimate discussion going.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I would be very interested in knowing chic's thoughts on vector-to, and vice versa

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
guys?

what do we do

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
if im not mistaken there is a 3 way tie between kasumeat and vector-to , with 3 votes each. I have 2 votes. Fisk has 1. Chic trombone has 2. yuming has 1, Jedit has 1.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
That really sucks.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Jamuraan posted:

You are scum. I haven't been home, sorry I didn't drop my case. It's mostly gut based on D1 patterns. I'll explain later when I can get quotes easily.

Well, you are wrong. But I look forward to reading it.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
interesting . i gotta say it's pretty strange that you haven't talked with where outside of the thread. seems like the ability to communicate with another player outside of the game thread would be a huge benefit. where, can you confirm this?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
so when does n1 end?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

you have made four posts in this game. care to contribute anything else?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Thanks.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

LupusAter posted:

I'm inclined to believe JFisk's claim. Mostly because the alternatives involve a VERY bold-faced and easily-disprovable lie, or he linking himself with one of his scumbuddies d2. I really can't see any benefits he could derive by lying.

considering his so-called mason partner's response to JFisk's claim was "lmao" I'm not inclined to believe anything.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Still waiting for a real response from where. Until that happens, I will remain skeptical of the claim.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

yuming posted:

Yea no. I don't buy it.

##vote Jedit

Jeddit, in your opinion who is the most scummy?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Ok,

JFisk, Kasumeat and Vector-to were the primary lynch candidates on d1. We chose wrong, and lynched vector-to. During n1, Jfisk claimed that he and Where are unconfirmed masons, although out of 'laziness' they hadn't communicated outside the thread. The timing of his claim during the night is peculiar, as Hal already pointed out. Perhaps JFisk realized that both he and kasumeat would be at the top of the suspicious list, and decided to claim a low-key town role in order to take some of the heat off himself.

I am skeptical of Jfisk's true role and alignment, but I don't think he is the best lynch target today. Hopefully, Where will make a post with actual information, like for example confirm or deny Jfisk's role claim. Until that happens, I don't think we can lynch him.

When does d2 end?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I think we should keep Jeddit alive. Especially since there's a few people who haven't posted much today.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
For now, I am also going to ##vote where. But it would be great if he showed up to either defend himself or add something useful to the town. If we lynch him and he flips anything other than mason, then we know for sure that Fisk is lying.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Hey Fisk, do you hve any idea where your mason buddy could be? tell him to come back to the game.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
That's gotta be frustrating - having the unique ability to communicate outside of the thread, only to have a silent partner in the game. Though to be fair, you don't seem to enjoy your role too much either, since you hadn't reached out to him as of n1. Have you had a chance to contact him during d2?

One more thing: there seems to be a lot of momentum on lynching Jeddit at the moment. You even voted for him. But overall it seems like yuming is pushing the hardest for a Jeddit lynch. I was just wondering what you think about yuming? any reason to be suspicious of her?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Kasumeat posted:

You make people come back to the game by voting them. You seem to have no actual interest in getting him back though, just in talking about it.

God the are so loving many scummy people this game, it's going to be a nightmare to solve.
I agree, which is why I voted to lynch Where. More than anything else, I want him to come back and provide us with information.

Kasumeat posted:

Hmm yes I'm sure the person putting zero effort into this game is really upset about this.

God the are so loving many scummy people this game, it's going to be a nightmare to solve.

It's quite simple. I want to know if Fisk has attempted to reach out to Where, his mason partner, outside the game. If he hasn't, why not? And I want to know his thoughts on Yuming, who in my opinion has pushed the hardest for a Jedit lynch, which I do not endorse.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

PMush Perfect posted:

Would you be willing to hit Fisk instead? The one who's actively lying? (Though I suppose I could also get behind a lurker-dunk.)

I'm not 100% convinced that he is lying, but I am skeptical. There's still a few people I want to hear from first before I'll vote to lynch Fisk.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##unvote where

I'm not voting Jeddit.

Fisk's failure to respond to my direct and straightforward questions has me convinced that he is lying about his role. I think he's scum.

Fisk, what is your actual role?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
We are definitely voting to lynch someone today.

Fisk, I know you're reading this thread. It is time for you to claim. Tell us your actual role.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I've already full claimed. I can't conceive what else you're demanding from me

The biggest concern I have right now is that this game has a town mason and a scum mason. Let's assume you are telling the truth. Is there any reason to be suspicious of your mason partner?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Jamuraan posted:

Why are you saying this is fact?

Huh? I just said I'm concerned that it does, not that it's fact. I don't know this for sure.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Fisk, I really do want to believe your role claim, but I'm conflicted. Where will almost certainly be modkilled, and we will learn his role once that happens. Do you stand by your claim?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Huh? Tour Guide?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor