Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I want to play the romhack 'FFT 1.3' but I don't know how to do computer things anymore and I couldn't find a download site and I don't know how to set up emus on a laptop etc, please help me Imp Zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Sure thing OP.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
We're here to help.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
like i found this https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/465/

but the creators website doesnt exist anymore x.x

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

like i found this https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/465/

but the creators website doesnt exist anymore x.x
gah

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Behold the power of the internet archive. http://web.archive.org/web/20170609102506/http://www.insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/files/file/29-final-fantasy-tactics-13/

Alternatively you can click the other download link slightly further down the page.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
emulators arent too complicated. for ps1 games you should use epsxe or retroarch and follow a setup tutorial for whichever one you pick, theres plenty of articles you can google thatll tell you how to get them working in excruciating detail

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Basically you just grab epsxe, a bios file for it, the (legally obtained) iso for fft, the patch file for 1.3, and then stick the iso in the folder it belongs, and the patch in the other one. I think epsxe can handle patching games on the fly. If not there is some program that patches it and makes a new iso.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Ptarmigans posted:

Behold the power of the internet archive. http://web.archive.org/web/20170609102506/http://www.insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/files/file/29-final-fantasy-tactics-13/

Alternatively you can click the other download link slightly further down the page.

thank you my wizard friend, the 2nd link hadn't worked either I think but the wayback did. Ill grab psxe tonight when I get home and hopefully be ready. ty all

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
So i have the game ISO and the romhack I want, but I ended up downloading PCSX as my emu because I'm on Mac OSX (casual gamer). There is a epsxe for mac and I was gonna use it but then I got scared that I'd use the wrong BIOS or plugin or something and my computer would explode. However, I'm having trouble finding PCSX or mac tutorials/BIOS/plugin stuff generally, suggestions or reassurance that I won't break everything somehow requested

also im really happy emu paradise is still a thing even after like 16 years or some poo poo

fuck. marry. t-rex fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 22, 2017

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

well, the emus need somewhere to go after they die haha

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Play the real game or gently caress off.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Play the real game or gently caress off.

ive already played it like 10 times c.c

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

ive already played it like 10 times c.c

make it 11 [You hear the click of a hammer being drawn back on a revolver right behind ur head]

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I want to play the romhack 'FFT 1.3' but I don't know how to do computer things anymore and I couldn't find a download site and I don't know how to set up emus on a laptop etc, please help me Imp Zone

gently caress you

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

gently caress you

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Hizke posted:

make it 11 [You hear the click of a hammer being drawn back on a revolver right behind ur head]

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

The ID mod is kinda hosed up. The enemy AI uses this super bullshit tactic where they will just constantly revive anyone the turn after you kill them to waste your time. Also it adds some encounters that are basically endgame difficulty smack dab in the middle of the game.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

The ID mod is kinda hosed up. The enemy AI uses this super bullshit tactic where they will just constantly revive anyone the turn after you kill them to waste your time. Also it adds some encounters that are basically endgame difficulty smack dab in the middle of the game.

Wait.... so you are telling me the fan patch to a classic game that is considered a masterpiece in its own right is kinda hosed up? Say it ain't so!

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Hey bbg hows the war in qcs going

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Woah. Some revelations in hte FFT 1.3 Thread

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Let's make one thing clear. The ID mod for fft isn't good. However, it is his life and his right to choose.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I don't see what the problem is if he's played it normally a bunch of times and just wants more of the good game but a little bit different.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

play the one that adds solid snake instead

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i guess i understand why, but nearly every mod for a classic game like this is mostly just an insane difficulty mode that's geared towards obsessively knowing every small detail of the system

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i guess i understand why, but nearly every mod for a classic game like this is mostly just an insane difficulty mode that's geared towards obsessively knowing every small detail of the system

thats true, i was looking for good ones recently though and i played a good one called ff6 brave new world. it basically just redoes the entire fundamental game mechanics of ff6 and the gameplay is much better because of it because the original ff6 was far too simple and easy, its not a difficulty mod though but its a little challenging. the only problem is it messes with the dialogue script a little but its not so bad in that respect

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

sector_corrector posted:

The Nameless Mod for Deus Ex is a legitimately good gameplay mod where the story is all based around forums drama on one of those planet(X).com sites. It's a good one if I remember right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
theres also ff7 new threat which is a similar style of hack but i personally didnt like it. they give you the morph materia from the start basically so youre like morphing every enemy in case one of them has something good since of course most of the enemies have redone drop lists -_____-

• Locked thread