Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Shadowrun: A Global Threat - The CYOA with the most juice per auto-injector!

CURRENT CHARACTER posted:

Ette ”Schlampi” Bjørnum.

Metatype: Human, kinda.

Attributes

Physical:

Body: 3
Agility: 3
Reaction: 4
Strength: 3

Mental:

Charisma: 4
Intuition: 3
Logic: 4
Willpower: 3

Initiative:7

Edge: 4

Qualities:
First Impression
Addiction(Alcohol)
Addiction(Betameth)
Augmentation Addict

Skills:
Automotive Repair 2
Close Combat Skill Group( Blades, Clubs, Unarmed) 1
Cracking Skill Group( Cybercombat, Electronic Warfare, Hacking) 1
Cybertechnology 1( Ghetto implant maintenance specialization for 3 dice)
Dodge 2
Electronics Skill Group( Computer, Data Search, Hardware, Software) 1
Gunnery 2
Locksmith 1 (Mag-locks specialization for 3 dice)
Perception 2
Pilot Ground 1( Bikes specialization 3 dice)
Pilot Watercraft 1( Hovercraft specialization for 3 dice)
Influence Skill Group( Con, Etiquette, Negotiation, Leadership) 2
Pistols 1( Semi-autos specialization, for 3 dice)
Stealth Skill Group( Disguise, Palming, Shadowing) 2
Throwing weapons 1( Stones and Bottles specialization for 3 dice).

Knowledge skills:
Addictive Substances and Practices 3
History 3
Language: Danish N
Language: German 3( Cityspeak specialization, for 5 dice)
Language: English 3
Language: Israeli Hebrew N (Bilingual Quality)
Law Enforcement 2( Procedures specialization, for 4 dice)
Politics 2
Rad-Groups 2
Street Gangs 2
Underground Music 2( CrimeWave specialization, for 4 dice)

Contacts:
Neo-Anarchist punk rockers( Group Contact, Connection 6, Rating 2)
Ina, estranged ex(Connection 1, Rating 3)
Natti, decaying queen(Connection 2, Rating 1)
Doc Jade, augmentation doctor(Connection 3, Rating 2)

Augmentations:

Porsche-Biomed FormulaOne Control Rig,
Zeiss-Synoptik Heimdal Rating 2 Cybereye System. Full color-corrected vision, including the mods:
Flare Compensation, Image Link, and Low-Light Vision.
(shoddy) DiscountDix Rodzilla Penile implant.
Programmable Evo BuffGenderBender dermal plating, tightening and shaping model. Offers bonus to Disguise rolls, and some protection against ballistic attacks.

Gear:
Street-made RiotByte Commlink running a cracked Renraku Sensei OS, with:
AR gloves, trode-net, subvocal mic and projector, as well as a decent rigging suite.
Loads of makeup and spare clothes, as well as some nanomakeup
Armored clothing and jackets.
Street-made Streetsheet respirator
H&K USP-14 light pistol, gel and hollowpoint rounds.
Collapsible baton and knives
Battered second-hand drone collection.
Nomi, your trusted, if well worn, waterbike.

Strengths:
Can command electronic systems at range, including vehicles and drones to some extent.
Good at disguise and generally a charming 'Face' character who can talk for himself.
Streetwise.

Weaknesses:
Many addictions, including the potentially crippling quality Augmentation Addict.
Habitual criminal and flake, can't always charm authority figures, might complicate things for himself if immediate gratification is present.
Lover, not a fighter. Shoots pistols and can melee in self defense, but he should let others rumble for him.

[strontium-22 encryption: on]
[Renraku Stealthbuddy:.....on]
[connection secure. Initializing menu.]
Welcome to Global Shadow P2P overview client.
Have a nice job browsing, and don't forget to hack the planet!
Suggested Mood Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE3xXi5lsrU

Introduction and important stuff

Welcome to my new CYOA! As the title implies, we're revisiting the Shadowrun universe, with the take of exploring various global locales and characters, perhaps to tie-in with a wider story arc. Our first order of business will determining which character we will follow for the first arc, and as with all choices presented to you in this game, each goon gets one vote and I will close the vote after 24 hours, unless it takes longer for people to join this thread. Our options are:

A) Igor ”Zhuk” Nikolayevitch , a quite Russian man with a technical knack and street smarts, trying to get his life out from under the thumb of local syndicates.

B) Istaqa, or Coyote-Man, a young man of Hopi descent trying to find hidden resources within himself in order to prevent the eviction of his grandparents by NYPD Inc marshals.

C) Adam ”Noodles” Chang, a former corporate shaman who has left the cutthroat world of business to be in peace and sell street wok in Hong Kong, but someone wants his head.

D) Jim ”Cairncross” Sullivan, a former covert ops thief turned Tír spy, hung out to dry while working in the Scandinavian Union uncovering potential IRA racketeers.

E) Ette ”Schlampe” Björnum, promiscous anarchist rocker and self-made rigger cyborg, trying not to do hard time in Hamburg for dirty deeds recently done.

Q&A

How often does this update?

As those who have followed my other games know, I'm kind of a flake. Psych issues and a heavy course load sometimes take their toll on me, and I won't promise an update more often than every other week – that said, I will usually update much more often if things are otherwise going well and I don't get writer's block.

How are mechanics resolved?

You choose a course of action, I roll the relevant dice. We're using Shadowrun 4E anniversary edition plus relevant splatbooks( I own Arsenal, SM, RC, Augmentation and a lot of the shorter source works), and as some of you probably know the rules are clunky, which makes it easier for me to just rule some things. You'll get as much influence as possible, of course.

I don't like the options!

You're in luck! I don't mind adding suggestions to the list, and often do - as long as it is something our chosen character would consider a sensible option from their point of view.

Can I collaborate in some other way?

Sure, artwork, private suggestions or questions regarding the story arts and other feedback are heartily welcome, as are tie-ins with any Shadowrun CYOAs if any of you get inspired to start one.

That's the hard drek, chummers - looking forward to running with you!

Tias fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Aug 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
I dig D.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Pulling the lever for A!

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Voting for E because riggers are the second best type of character in shadowrun.

And you didn't offer the best one (technomancer).

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Totes Coyot here, picking B.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

E) Ette ”Schlampe” Björnum

Because riggers are the second-best as previously stated, while spreading anarchism is Cool and Fun and Good.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
B

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

F: Johnathan 'Mindfuck' Strauss, hardcore anarchist chaos mage with shamanist sympathies, a weakness for deepweed, and a list of outstanding warrents a mile long.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
E.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Holy poo poo I am stoked for this. I'm torn between D, E and the intriguing F write in.

Ehhhhhhfuckit E.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

:dance:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

E as long as we have incredibly inappropriate etiquettes because gently caress the gamesystem!

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T
A

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
B

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

E

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

A

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Echoing E :v:

Tias
May 25, 2008

Just chiming in to say that it is my intention that we get to play all of these characters through (relatively) short arcs, and then the survivors will run together, so don't worry too much whether you pick the right choice here.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
E

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Tias posted:

Just chiming in to say that it is my intention that we get to play all of these characters through (relatively) short arcs, and then the survivors will run together, so don't worry too much whether you pick the right choice here.

:awesome:

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
E sounds really cool.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

C seems cook cool

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
C!

Tias
May 25, 2008

Voting closed! Ette "Schlampe" Björnum wins, and so our first story will feature an all-boning, careless German man( of sorts). Update to follow..

Tias
May 25, 2008

Ette Petette

Willkommen bei Schattenwelt P2P! Vorgeschlagene Musik? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PoSbGDGVSs !

Welcome to Edgejournal, Schlampi, how can we interpret your day?

Oh, drek. Where to start? The start. I put Inas eye out with my dick implant. I -paid- for her new eye, with the extra SultryGaze case mod, but she still won't holler back. Wait, that's not the start.

Okay. I have some problems. I told myself I needed the penile implant because what if you meet a cute girl, or guy, or agender, and you've hit the betameth a bit too much to maintain an erection? It made so much sense I even accepted buying a second-hand unit at Dorians Discount Dix rather than save up for something that would work smooth, and not go from flat to harmfully rigid in less than a second.

The thing is, I get addicted to things. I came up tough, I drink too much, do a little novacoke when I party, slot that, right? The meth is sorta under control, because you can only binge for so long on Beta before you need a proper break. But I'm also addicted to chrome.

Cyberware makes me better, faster, stronger and sexier, you know how it is. Ever since getting the control rig, I've just craved the feeling of haptic nanoreceptors sliding into my nerves and the rush of evolving past my humanity. The medicos have already termed it a common addiction, and says it can lead to death because you take dumb chances on new augments, which I'd find funny if it wasn't hitting so close to homegirls eye.

Anyway, after paying her hefty €€€$ to get a mk.2 peeper, I was broke again, and had to do -something-. Jekvan set me up with a gig decrypting Chinese code he swagged on the grid. Said code is fragile like a soap bubble, so it needed some watching while the dedicated agent picked the strings apart - but of course HamSec caught wind somehow and hacked our node. Now they're after me, and if they find me I'm going away to Wilhelmsburg penitentiary.

Here I was thinking they have their hands full with all the rad-groups our fair city is boiling over with, but apparently some plainclothes Jonas Law wannabe dipshit has already asked for me at home.

There's really only one recourse, now, to get out of Hamburg, but poo poo's gonna cost me. I should ask someone for help.

Do I go to..

A) Natti? She's the meanest, most miserable whore I know, especially after her face has started peeling off - but she's good enough at heart, and lonely. Perhaps she'll loan me some gilt or set me up with a job that pays, if I treat her right.

B) Jekvan? That scandi bastard would rip me off as soon as look at me, but perhaps I can guilt him into giving me something. It -was- his job what got me wanted, after all.

C) Olli? Him and the other neo-anarchist boys are good times, and they catch interesting work, it's just usually really dangerous and pays bad. I'm not in a position to choose, though.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

C

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
C
Going for full Ancom in this quest

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
C Anarch!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The people sCream for anarchy!

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

What is order? it is the mother of anaChy

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I've played Dragonfall, I can't not vote C.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T
Of course we're starting with the scumbag

and scumbags gotta stick with other scumbags

guess I have no choice but to choose C

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I've played Dragonfall, I can't not vote C.

Same. C

Also, full confession, I thought Ette was a woman when I cast my first vote.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Vavrek posted:

Same. C

Same, C

Also, same. :v:

I look forward to embracing anarchy and German electro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ0KjI8Oxug
PANZERKAMPF! OONTZOONTZOONTZOONTZOONTZOONTZOONTZ

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

C But if this chummer doesn't have a useful in with the head of the local whatever-be-ruling-stuffs we're gonna get dick stabby again. Only this time decapitation is a risk.

guys we absolutely need to stab someone's head off with our mecha-dong

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Deffo voting for C. 4th Edition was all gritty wired connections and whatnot right? So if this Decker doesn't "jack in" I'm going to be incredibly disappointed.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Vavrek posted:

Same. C

Ette can't really decide, and has a lot of, uh, firming and lifting implants.

Strobe posted:

Deffo voting for C. 4th Edition was all gritty wired connections and whatnot right? So if this Decker doesn't "jack in" I'm going to be incredibly disappointed.

it's unwired, sorry! But jacking in is still a thing, particularly in safe facilities and on the street.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Tias posted:

Ette can't really decide, and has a lot of, uh, firming and lifting implants.

Gender is an outdated concept anyways. We're just getting ready for our Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Anarcho-Communist future.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."