Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
In the ongoing debate or action to remove racist or historical (historically racist?) monuments, some people have homemade (homegrown?) solutions to the problem.

Man tried planting bomb on Confederate statue in Houston, feds say

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas/2017/08/21/man-tried-planting-bomb-confederate-statue-houston-feds-say

quote:

A Houston man has been arrested after being accused by authorities of trying to damage or destroy a Confederate statue at a Houston park with explosives.

Federal prosecutors said Monday 25-year-old Andrew Schneck had been charged with attempting to maliciously damage or destroy property receiving federal financial assistance.

Authorities say a Houston park ranger on Saturday caught Schneck kneeling near a statue of Richard Dowling, a lieutenant in the Confederate army, located in Hermann Park. His arrest came several hours after hundreds protested a Spirit of the Confederacy statue at Sam Houston Park, The Houston Chronicle reports.

Prosecutors say Schneck was caught with two boxes with duct tape and wires and with a bottle containing a liquid made up of compounds used as explosives.

When confronted, he tried to drink some of the liquid, but spit it out, The Houston Chronicle reports. One of the tubes he had contained nitgroglycerin, a contact explosive in its purest form, and hexamethylene triperoxide diamine, HMTD, a "highly explosive compound," federal authorities said in a statement.

"In its undiluted form, [nitroglycerin] is one of the world's most powerful explosives," the statement said.

The information came to light Monday as authorities evacuated residents near a home owned by Schneck's parents, where they found "significant hazardous materials," The Chronicle reports. The area is close to Rice University.

Philip Hilder, Schneck's attorney, declined to comment on Monday.

Schneck received five years of probation after pleading guilty in 2014 to improperly storing explosive materials.

From The Associated Press
Posted by Breaking News Producer Liz Farmer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
wait he tried to drink explosives? lol

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Nooner posted:

well, that explains the improper storage of explosives charge

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Andrew Schnek sounds like a schmuck.

And here is apparently what that HMTD chemical looks like.

I didn't know hotmail could be so explosive!

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
And yes if you overdose on nitroglycerin you can poo poo your pants Nooner.

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002587.htm

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
sometimes if i eat too much indian (punjab) food my rear end in a top hat explodes 8-12 hours later

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
H-town represent!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Helical Nightmares posted:

And yes if you overdose on nitroglycerin you can poo poo your pants Nooner.

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002587.htm

STOMACH AND INTESTINES

Diarrhea
Cramping
Loss of appetite
Nausea and vomiting

lol youre right

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
yes my first reaction to hide dangerous explosives is to swallow it too

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
why even bomb it like poo poo that one the people tore down the other day didnt seem to put up much resistance

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Over There posted:

yes my first reaction to hide dangerous explosives is to swallow it too

I only tell you that my dick is a dangerous explosive to get you to do this

sorry you had to find out this way

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
oh hey another brave hard left man following the helpful advice and rhetoric of the anarchists cookbook

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Don't step on shnek.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

VikingSkull posted:

I only tell you that my dick is a dangerous explosive to get you to do this

sorry you had to find out this way

We are sending a team to remotely detonate your dick right away, stay where you are.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

We are sending a team to remotely detonate your dick right away, stay where you are.

Don't stop I'm close

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
helpful reminder itt that the anarchist cookbook has motivated dozens of deadly shootings since its release and the author regret writing it until his recent death due to old age. and they say there’s no hard left violence in the united states!

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Colonel Cancer posted:

too late my dick already detonated

thankfully a brave sock gave its life to protect me

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Before the local tankies applaud this guy, he's super loving rich and has gotten off with probation for having bomb-making materials sent to his literal mansion. Pretty bourgeoisie tbh.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im about to detonate my office's bathroom lol

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Over There posted:

Don't stop I'm close

A printer-sized robot whirrs its way to explosive dick and attaches the clamps. Half a mile away, stone-faced demolition expert nods and presses the detonator. Boom.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Lol if you don't drink a pint of nitro every day just to fight off your internet posting induced heart disease

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

helpful reminder itt that the anarchist cookbook has motivated dozens of deadly shootings since its release and the author regret writing it until his recent death due to old age. and they say there’s no hard left violence in the united states!

you're gonna have to do better then a mere dozens of shootings to impress me, what else you got?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Chinatown posted:

im about to detonate my office's bathroom lol

Lol

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
[quote="“Jim Barris”" post="“475599578”"]
you’re gonna have to do better then a mere dozens of shootings to impress me, what else you got?
[/quote]

yo mommas knickers

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
dude should have drank the whole bottle (assuming it would have killed him)

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Supposedly this is him

Edit: gently caress, I might have been rused. Oh well.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OMG JC a Bomb! fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 21, 2017

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
internet white knights morphed slowly into male feminists over the years i see

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Crash Bandicoot can't do poo poo now!" the man is reported to have said.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

nitroglycerin? No, sir, this is just diet dr. pepper! *glug glug*

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Supposedly this is him

lol

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
So euphoric that toxic chemicals taste like cotton candy

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
After his arrest every confederate statue that he failed to break fall on his head

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Nooner posted:

Maybe was trying to do that Daffy Duck thing where he was trying to outdo Bugs Bunny?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
tryna use that nitro for a speedboost to outrun the coppers

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

EorayMel posted:

Andrew Schnek sounds like a schmuck.

And here is apparently what that HMTD chemical looks like.

I didn't know hotmail could be so explosive!

CHOOCH
CHOOCH
CHOOCH

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

He should have run with his knife out

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Navin Johnson posted:

Maybe was trying to do that Daffy Duck thing where he was trying to outdo Bugs Bunny?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R66Fvhx0vQ

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
The cop probably saved him from blowing himself up.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Schweinhund posted:

The cop probably saved him from blowing himself up.

so once again the cop is the bad guy, huh? sheesh, you libtards and your kneejerk reactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

IMO Shrek should stay in the swamp with donkey

• Locked thread