Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
All the bronotosauruses were sinners and deserved to be excluded from Noah's Ark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

That all the poo poo in it is a fairy tale

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
never read it OP

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
we are equally doomed to the eternal void OP!!!!!

gently caress U OP!!!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Learned about computers and poo poo.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That the bible is lame as gently caress

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Absolutely nothing.
But Revelations has some cool poo poo for horror movies.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

i eat every apple i ca nlay my paws on, you never know

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Lot and his daughters was the first incest story I ever read. It was not the last.

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
2 male and female created he them; Mt. 19.4 · Mk. 10.6 and blessed them, Gen. 1.27, 28 and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
3 And Adam lived a hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
4 and the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:
5 and all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.
6 ¶ And Seth lived a hundred and five years, and begat Enos:
7 and Seth lived after he begat Enos eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters:
8 and all the days of Seth were nine hundred and twelve years: and he died.
9 ¶ And Enos lived ninety years, and begat Ca-i'nan:
10 and Enos lived after he begat Ca-i'nan eight hundred and fifteen years, and begat sons and daughters:
11 and all the days of Enos were nine hundred and five years: and he died.
12 ¶ And Ca-i'nan lived seventy years, and begat Mahal'aleel:
13 and Ca-i'nan lived after he begat Mahal'aleel eight hundred and forty years, and begat sons and daughters:
14 and all the days of Ca-i'nan were nine hundred and ten years: and he died.
15 ¶ And Mahal'aleel lived sixty and five years, and begat Jared:
16 and Mahal'aleel lived after he begat Jared eight hundred and thirty years, and begat sons and daughters:
17 and all the days of Mahal'aleel were eight hundred ninety and five years: and he died.
18 ¶ And Jared lived a hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch:
19 and Jared lived after he begat Enoch eight hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
20 and all the days of Jared were nine hundred sixty and two years: and he died.
21 ¶ And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methu'selah:
22 and Enoch walked with God after he begat Methu'selah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
23 and all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:
24 and Enoch Heb. 11.5 walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
25 ¶ And Methu'selah lived a hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech:
26 and Methu'selah lived after he begat Lamech seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters:
27 and all the days of Methu'selah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.
28 ¶ And Lamech lived a hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son:
29 and he called his name Noah, 6 saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed.
30 And Lamech lived after he begat Noah five hundred ninety and five years, and begat sons and daughters:
31 and all the days of Lamech were seven hundred seventy and seven years: and he died.
32 ¶ And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
jesus jacked off once

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I like how God goes from tyrannical smiting horrible pms man period having shitlord in the Old Testament to pandering politicking all-accepting all-loving savior of mankind. Ehhh go ahead and sin now i don't give a poo poo blleeeehhh don't matter like 4000 years it wasn't cool but now I'm just phoning it in durrrr. Like the eternal god has lovely temperamental mood swings and is a total drama queen, whatever. :jerkbag:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

flerp posted:

jesus jacked off once

Yeah but he didn't like it. :shrug:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

that the afterlife didn't definitively exist in judeo christian mythology until really late in history

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

a hole-y ghost posted:

that the afterlife didn't definitively exist in judeo christian mythology until really late in history

Its a silly notion. I can't even wrap my head around it

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

moose face posted:

Its a silly notion. I can't even wrap my head around it
well you see it's kind of like the "cloud" for computers.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

at least that's what I learned from the tv show black mirror.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The afterlife is a place in california where you can be an old lesbian forever.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Jesus was a badass wizard!!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Pawn 17 posted:

Jesus was a badass wizard!!
Jesus was the most famous lesbian, they just didn't have the vocabulary at the time to say it.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

a hole-y ghost posted:

Jesus was the most famous lesbian, they just didn't have the vocabulary at the time to say it.

I love Jesus even more now.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

a hole-y ghost posted:

The afterlife is a place in california where you can be an old lesbian forever.

Sounds pretty good to me

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Jesus 4:20 anal is good

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

I don't know how anyone can make it past that part. Like who cares, get back to the plot already.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
the amalekites were put to the ban

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
If some dudes wanna get with your sisters, first you tell them that they can only smash that pussy if they cut off the end of their dicks. They'll agree to this. Then while they're all sore and in pain and poo poo, you just murder them.

Also women should stfu in church I guess.

counterfeitsaint fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Aug 22, 2017

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

:yikes:

El Boot
Mar 18, 2009

Thank Dog It's Friday

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I like how God goes from tyrannical smiting horrible pms man period having shitlord in the Old Testament to pandering politicking all-accepting all-loving savior of mankind. Ehhh go ahead and sin now i don't give a poo poo blleeeehhh don't matter like 4000 years it wasn't cool but now I'm just phoning it in durrrr. Like the eternal god has lovely temperamental mood swings and is a total drama queen, whatever. :jerkbag:

He mellowed out a little after he had a kid

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

El Boot posted:

He mellowed out a little after he had a kid

Dad God

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

So What

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

:gerty:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

I was going to go on a spiel but this sums up my take pretty much.

The Judeo-Christian God is a petty, war thirsty mofo.

At least the Greeks had Gods that liked fun, along with being petty and war thirsty.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
Samson was a loving idiot
Delilah asks him, hey, how do I kill you, once. Then he lies to her about how, and she does that thing, but he doesn't die. And then she repeats it again, and he tells her a different thing, still doesn't kill him, and she's like "man you must not love me if you won't tell me how to kill you" so he goes and fuckin tells her how to kill him!

What a moron, imo
Anyways that's what I learned from the bible

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Maybe he got sick of smiting and drowning us and realized we're all dumb idiots who can only win if he puts life+salvation on easy mode. He probably spent a lot of time and money building heaven and making it a nice place to be, it would be a waste if nobody got to enjoy it.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
God is love, and

If you gently caress with Lamech, you will be 11x more hosed than if you hosed with Cain.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Even after washing, you are considered unclean for a while.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

smug n stuff posted:

Samson was a loving idiot
Delilah asks him, hey, how do I kill you, once. Then he lies to her about how, and she does that thing, but he doesn't die. And then she repeats it again, and he tells her a different thing, still doesn't kill him, and she's like "man you must not love me if you won't tell me how to kill you" so he goes and fuckin tells her how to kill him!

What a moron, imo
Anyways that's what I learned from the bible

Lotsa beta cuck males in the bible when you think about it.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

None more so than Uriah the Hittite.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

The story of how Jacob got to marry Rachel is also good for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caufman
May 7, 2007
The most unbelievable story in the Old Testament is not what you think. It's Lot and his daughters. Much more likely than daughters getting their father drunk to rape him is a father getting drunk and raping his daughters.

Nice try, though, Moses.

• Locked thread