Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I have a friend that always wears suspenders and brown pants. I feel like it would be fun to cosplay as my friend especially because he's lovable and funny. Is this acceptable behavior? Would I get a discount for wearing this costume to a con? Do any of you have experience cosplaying as one of your friends? Any advice would be great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

All my friends are anime characters.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
cosplaying as your acquaintances is called "single white femaling", hth

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

should hit the costume shop and get a bunch of witch warts, hillbilly teeth and a sumo suit to wear under it all to really hammer it home

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Former DILF posted:

should hit the costume shop and get a bunch of witch warts, hillbilly teeth and a sumo suit to wear under it all to really hammer it home

Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Why you gotta take it somewhere dark?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
My only friend is my waifu pillow, so yes, it is OK.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I had a friend where a bunch of friends went as him for halloween. He seemed to find it amusing.

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax
Why do you want to be inside your friend?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Toilet Shoes posted:

Why do you want to be inside your friend?

Because apparently I don't conceptualize friendship in the narrow-minded way you do :smuggo:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You should also sign up for credit cards in his name, for authenticity. Truly become him!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Don't go to "cons" OP, they are nerd havens.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Burt Sexual posted:

Don't go to "cons" OP, they are nerd havens.

:goonsay:

But yeah, you're actually right

UncleMoeLester
Oct 25, 2016

Midget Fiddler
Lipstick Apathy
I cosplay as myself everyday

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Dwight is going to be so annoyed!

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax

UncleMoeLester posted:

I cosplay as myself everyday

:same:

Literally A Person posted:

Because apparently I don't conceptualize friendship in the narrow-minded way you do :smuggo:

So, it's like a date then?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Toilet Shoes posted:

:same:

So, it's like a date then?

Labels like that make it so much harder to ambiguously come on your friends and neighbors.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
If he's a cool guy who doesn't sweat poo poo and you are on good terms, just ask! You may need to preface it with "I know it's a weird question but..", then tell them what you told us.

He'd probably laugh and go "Yeah, sure dude! Take pictures."

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Wicker Man posted:

If he's a cool guy who doesn't sweat poo poo and you are on good terms, just ask! You may need to preface it with "I know it's a weird question but..", then tell them what you told us.

He'd probably laugh and go "Yeah, sure dude! Take pictures."

Good advice! I'll have an open and honest dialogue with him.

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax

Good advice! I'll have an open and honest dialogue with him.

Cut the horeshit.

I have no idea why, but you made me laugh

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Toilet Shoes posted:

I have no idea why, but you made me laugh

It's almost like this is an internet comedy forum or something.

Also, your username/av: :kiss:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Here is the answer OP:

Dressing like your friend to imitate them out of reverence when no one else will understand who you are or why you're doing it is not ok because you are a creepy weird fucker.

There, I spelled it out for you.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

Here is the answer OP:

Dressing like your friend to imitate them out of reverence when no one else will understand who you are or why you're doing it is not ok because you are a creepy weird fucker.

There, I spelled it out for you.

How could you be so wrong? Do you know how honored I'd be if you started cosplaying me right now?

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer
I worked with a woman who cosplayed as her own husband one Halloween. No one knew her husband and she had to keep explaining the costume. It was doubly weird because she wore a wig that looked almost exactly like her normal hair. Not a success, but YMMV.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Is your friend also your twin? That sounds like a prank twins would play.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im the anime character thats got big beefy balls OP!

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

There is a guy at my work who always wears a collered shirt, tie, and sweater. One day someone on his team sent out an email that they were trying to get everyone to dress like that for a day as a joke.

I didn't think much of it, but it got ackward when a manager responded to everyone that they weren't participating because they thought it was mean to mock the guy like that.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

The Grey posted:

There is a guy at my work who always wears a collered shirt, tie, and sweater. One day someone on his team sent out an email that they were trying to get everyone to dress like that for a day as a joke.

I didn't think much of it, but it got ackward when a manager responded to everyone that they weren't participating because they thought it was mean to mock the guy like that.

This manager of yours is bad and wrong. What is with everyones' loving hang-ups about showing mad props for your friends and colleagues by dressing and acting like them.

This stupid loving country.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

This manager of yours is bad and wrong. What is with everyones' loving hang-ups about showing mad props for your friends and colleagues by dressing and acting like them.

This stupid loving country.

Unbutton your top button on ur polo

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Burt Sexual posted:

Unbutton your top button on ur polo

Okay, now what?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Meet some chicks.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Burt Sexual posted:

Meet some chicks.

For this step, is it okay if I'm married?

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

We're here to make coffee metal. We're here to make everything metal.

For this step, is it okay if I'm married?

okay??? it's pretty much mandatory!

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

I have a friend that always wears suspenders and brown pants. I feel like it would be fun to cosplay as my friend especially because he's lovable and funny. Is this acceptable behavior? Would I get a discount for wearing this costume to a con? Do any of you have experience cosplaying as one of your friends? Any advice would be great!

you could just wear my seersucker instead

. . . if i ever find it. . .

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

you could just wear my seersucker instead

. . . if i ever find it. . .

Find it and go as my dearest acquaintance.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

You won't be able to become someone lovable and funny even if you dress up just like them. Sorry :sweatdrop:

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
posting in a pre murder thread

hello future journalists

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

freckle posted:

posting in a pre murder thread

hello future journalists

Future journalists, while you're here, please check out the incel thread.

Voltraine
Feb 8, 2017

by Smythe
2008 Fashion SWAT Halloween Costume Spooktacular!

Zach Parsons and Dr David Thorpe posted:

Zackula: I always sort of wanted to go to a Halloween party dressed as someone's kid. Now there is some mental terrorism.

Zackula: Like I noticed and incorporated a ton of weird details about their kid, like his haircut and the type of pants he wears. Maybe wear an adult sized baseball shirt for their kid's team and then just throw in some really mean detail like a huge nose or act really effeminate all night.

Dr. Thorpenstein: I'm 100% down with this idea.

Zackula: That is some violence of the mind, my friend.

Zackula: It would work even better if you could get a group. Get everyone together in advance and look through their photo albums and have everyone dress as their kid. It's even better if their kid is there to get super upset.

Dr. Thorpenstein: Everyone could be a different member of the person's family.

Zackula: That could work too, but I really love the idea of focusing in on just the one kid. Like one person is the kid from '02 when he was playing for the Don's Pizza Wildcats t-ball team and another one is from when he played ice hockey. But then everyone, man and woman, lisps really bad and has a giant nose for no reason.

Zackula: That family would never recover from that poo poo.

Dr. Thorpenstein: Except maybe one woman is dressed in a sexy pirate costume, but she goes up to the dude and says, "You like it? I'm dressed as someone's whore wife who might be inclined to dress as a sexy pirate and who slept with Ron last year and her husband never found out."

Zackula: Over the course of like four or five Halloweens you could completely break a family down to nothing doing that stuff. Their family would dissolve or explode in a murder/suicide.

Dr. Thorpenstein: Because even if the dude's wife didn't sleep with Ron, that would be the perfect time to insert a premise like that and give him no loving choice but to believe it.

Zackula: gently caress chemtrails, man. That is the sort of poo poo the real New World Order is doing.

Dr. Thorpenstein: Yeah, like in Van Halen's "Right Now" video with the little cartoon of the dude pushing the dude over and it says, "Right now your government is doing things you think only other countries do."

Dr. Thorpenstein: Remember that? This is exactly the kind of poo poo Hagar anticipated with that statement.

Zackula: This is some reptilian agenda level poo poo though man. I don't even think humans are doing this. It takes some alien intervention from Pleiades.

Dr. Thorpenstein: I bet the reptilians are doing all sorts of Halloween-related ops, like everyone going to Paul Reiser's Halloween party dressed up like Greg Evigan.

Voltraine fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Aug 23, 2017

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Every morning I wake up early to watch my mother dress, and then I wear the same outfit as her. This isn't cosplay, though. It's part of a much larger, elaborate scheme to gaslight her into giving me my inheritance early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
whats the difference between cosplay and roleplay?

• Locked thread