Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Remember this from papers please?

Turns out there is a real life version of this from the Department of Homeland Security that's publicly accessible.

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Carrier%20Information%20Guide-%20English.pdf

It's uncanny how close to the game the real life document is (or how good of a job the game did in copying the real one, if that's what happened).

Cover

Convoluted rules that differ by country of origin and a lot of other stuff

Basic documents

Advanced documents

Slightly different versions of the same exact stamp (which I always thought was bullshit in Papers Please but I guess not)

Needing to be familiar with certain features of selected foreign passports (which I also thought was BS in Papers Please)

I should do another playthough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax
Are you just amazed that a video game that parodies real life immigration and border control would reference real life immigration and border control or am I missing something here

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

The creator got the idea for the game after dealing with all the immigration and border controls while he traveled. Only makes sense that he used examples of real life to mimic the game.

Also, durrrrrrrr

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
You seem like a dumbass op

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
*playing call of duty* holky poo poo... real life soldiers shoot people too... conspiracy much??? so f*cked up...

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Can we at least agree that the main theme owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBQE_TNI7zw

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Imagine the OP actually got a job and had to read a training manual lol

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

a bone to pick posted:

Imagine the OP actually got a job and had to read a training manual lol

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
this is very surprising

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Oh man I just re-started Papers Please (since I never got the best ending last time) and I just found out you only have to feed/warm your family every other day.

It's so much more relaxing now.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

sincx posted:

Oh man I just re-started Papers Please (since I never got the best ending last time) and I just found out you only have to feed/warm your family every other day.

If you were my parent I would be begging to be sent to the gulag.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

if there was a flower i could consume to gain pyrokinetic powers that might be interesting, op

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I think it’s pretty cool

Gonna play this game now

Over There fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 23, 2017

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

sincx posted:

lmao you are bad at video games too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was interesting thanks OP :)

• Locked thread