Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless

I'll take the first 5 people with PMs (so we can do secret auctions) who want to play. No experience necessary!

Ride The Gravitron fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
count me in, Rude the Gravitron

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

Scaly Haylie

I'm in, I'll be John

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 23, 2017

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I'll take the case! I've listened to one or two recorded sessions of this game, and if I'm not wrong the obsessions are supposed to be secret from the other players, right?

Thanks to HotSoapyBeard for the sig image!

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
Correct. We'll sort that out in PMs when the time comes though

Scaly Haylie

good lord, nice sig

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Lizard Wizard posted:

good lord, nice sig

thanks dude, I forgot the whole spinning images thing was going to break it but I kind of like it that way

there have to be more people interested in this game, come on people! :hchatter:

Thanks to HotSoapyBeard for the sig image!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I have no idea what to do or how to play and I didn't really read the rules so of COURSE I'm in!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

little munchkin
hey everybody, it's me, jon

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Starman Super DX

fixed

Tell me more!

Scaly Haylie

Splatmaster posted:

I have no idea what to do or how to play and I didn't really read the rules so of COURSE I'm in!

:hf:

Meeksha

i did it all for the nookie
Ask me how!
-freb dust

Splatmaster posted:

this is also true for me.

does it have to be JON or can it be like... john? i don't hold much respect for the letter H so i'm fine doing without, mostly just curious.

-----

come on and slam and welcome to the jam

Thank you Heather Papps for the summer sig!

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
Well the nice thing is that you are your own split personality of jon/John so you can be which ever you want. I'll shoot of the PMs in a bit.

Any rules questions please pay in this thread in case some one had the same question I don't have to answer it multiple times.

I'll be handling the dice rolls.

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

can I still be garth

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Dogballs posted:

can I still be garth

Only if you want to play

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
Also 6 is going to be my Max. There's not much to do when another voice is in control so I don't want a lot of players getting bored.

Starman Super DX

so to start do you want us to send you one 1st Tier obsession? and the skills obviously.

Tell me more!

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
You guys pick an obsession and I'm the one who decides the teir

Starman Super DX

alrighty thanks. done and done.

Tell me more!

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
Still waiting to hear from Dr. Dogballs, Meeksha, and Lizard Wizard

Meeksha

Ask me how!
-freb dust
Got everything from me...?

-----

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
Not quite, I sent you a follow up pm

Scaly Haylie

Sent! Sorry, work has been a small hell recently

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
Alright I'll opening the staring auction on Monday. You have till then to revise your skills and obsessions if you want to change them.

I'll be doing the bidding before posting the opening scene cause I like to toss my players to the wolves with no idea of what's going to happen.

I'm planning on leaving biddings open for 24 hours (if you guys think you'd need more time I'm open to extending this), or until every one has bid. I feel that's enough time for every one to pop in and see if they want to partake.

If you want to abstain from bidding still shoot a pm letting me know so we're not all waiting on you.

Still have not here back from Dr dogballs, you have till Monday

Meeksha

Ask me how!
-freb dust
We bid via PM? anything else that we need to communicate through PM only? Not sure what's all public. I'm a stupid newbie.

-----

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
In the face to face game you'd hold out your bid in a closed fist to keep it secret. So to help keep it secret we'll be bidding via pm. It's a competitive game but it's not really a "hold your cards close" type of game. Every time I've played it in person every one usually figured out the other people's obsessions pretty quick but end up having too much fun to actively work against each other

Barnes And Body Works

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:
hello

Vanisher made my super slick sig.

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
What's up

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

hey I did not actually mean to sign up I was just making a dumb joke BUT I saw your PM just now! And this looks like fun so count me in.

Sent you my PM... once again sorry for causing a delay if I did

Doctor Dogballs fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 28, 2017

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
THE BIDDING HAS STARTED

Remember if you started out with 2 skills then you have 10 willpower to bid with. If you started with 3 skills then you have 7 willpower to bid with.

Bidding will remain open 24 hours or until I hear back from everyone.

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
And the winner of our bid is Meeksha!

"I think we've made tremendous progress these last few years, Jon."

You come into consciousness to those words. You find yourself passing on a long couch feeling relaxed and comfortable here. You feel safe in this small office. Over the voice to can hear a white noise machine playing a babbling brook.

A woman sits on a chair by you writing into her notepad. She looks very pleased with herself. "It's been months since your last episode and you got yourself a steady job. I want to keep you in your medication still just in case though."

Elusif

Lookin for jon

Meeksha

Ask me how!
-freb dust
Do I say something as the voice to direct you or do I narrate? Sorry.

-----

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
You have full control of jon, dictate and narrate as you see fit.

Meeksha

Ask me how!
-freb dust
Answer her, Jon.

"oh uh, huh, um... sorry doc. you're a doc, right?"
Dr. Puffins: It's been months since your last episode and you got yourself a steady job. I want to keep you on your medication still just in case though. It's been months since medication and you got a steady episode. It's been a steady job. I want to keep just in case. You got a episode."
"DOC??"

You look over at the sound machine, which is still sending out the soothing sounds of a babbling brook, and switch it to "off." What was that? A daydream? You've been taking your meds, surely it wasn't another episode. things have been going so well. But it sure was great to have someone to talk to ever since Mom and Dad kicked you out of the house. You never could please them, and they could never love you.

Why are you afraid, Jon? It's easy. Just do it.

You stare blankly into the mirror. Are your own insecurities worth the constant disappointment? Just do it and make your parents happy. Maybe that is the solution to the mental puzzle that has gone unsolved for all these years?

This is it. Today is the day everything changes. You grab your GBA and slam your copy of Pokemon Red in... we're locked and loaded. I-40 is a 5 minute walk away, plenty of time to build your nerve or pussy out and stay in the downward spiral.

You've made it. Today is the day everything changes. Make your parents proud. This is all they've ever asked of you.

You run into the center lane and slide the power button to "ON." You feel a surge of confidence as if you've just powered YOURSELF on. You feel alive. As you select "NEW GAME," you hear the squealing of tires, and then everything goes black.

Meeksha fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 31, 2017

-----

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
"Jon? Jon!" The psychiatrist shouts after our hero. Try as hard as she might though her heels are just not made for catching deranged mental patients. "Some one stop him!"

Jon moves too fast and the staff is just caught off guard and Jon makes his way out into traffic.

Another auction round

• Locked thread