Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
ITT bring enemies together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
hmm

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

i wish I could mspaint a cartoon frog getting ball-gag-whipped by a large lady with purple armpit hair but I'll just let this post suffice

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
What about a nazi wearing a trump hat?

Or peanut butter mixed with chocolate

Applewhite fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 23, 2017

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Oh sorry you said bring *enemies* together

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Applewhite posted:

Or peanut butter mixed with chocolate

This is going too far

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Congrats

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

close thread

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

WOW

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

drat lol

Can I rename this thread so it appeals to people beyond those wondering "what the hell is horseshoe theory?"

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
I didn't put much thought in the name, do whatever you want.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

:thurman:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

"what the hell is horseshoe theory?"

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Horseshoe theory

murex
Apr 30, 2009

by Lowtax
the horse shoe theory is a body transfer illusion that tricks your consciousness into believing it has ownership over a part of the body that is not it’s own by manipulating the perceptual mechanisms.

It works like this: you hide their left hand and put a visible horse hoof in its place. Then you synchronously stroke both the hidden hand and the horse hoof with a paintbrush. When the victim starts to register the sensation of the brush their premotor cortex is activated and they will begin to accept the horse hoof to be their own. At this point you stab the horse hoof with a knife which will trigger increased activity in the anterior cingulate cortex. This part of the brain plays a big role in consciousness, pain registration, and freewill. One study used a virtual ball tossing game in which one user was purposely not tossed the ball, during this experiment their ACC lit up, meaning it is also used to register emotional pain. So even though they experience no actual physical pain and will simply pull their hand away they still experience traumatic emotional pain that they would experience during real physical distress.

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax

Holy poo poo that is perfect.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Meck Pomses
Jan 7, 2011

I QUESTIONED BUYING AN AVATAR WHEN I GET A FREE "STUPID NEWBIE" ONE WHEN REGISTERING SO SOMEONE GAVE ME FANART OF BIG BOSS DRESSED AS BAYONETTA DRAWN BY N ARTIST WHO TRIED TO MAKE A COLLABORATIVE BBW FIGHTING GAME FOR MY AVATAR OUT OF SPITE

Who is this? I guess he is misogynist but I don't know who he is.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
something different in the reflection?

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Meck Pomses posted:

Who is this? I guess he is misogynist but I don't know who he is.

I don't care, I'm still free.

You can't take this guy from me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

friendo posted:

the horse shoe theory is a body transfer illusion that tricks your consciousness into believing it has ownership over a part of the body that is not it’s own by manipulating the perceptual mechanisms.

It works like this: you hide their left hand and put a visible horse hoof in its place. Then you synchronously stroke both the hidden hand and the horse hoof with a paintbrush. When the victim starts to register the sensation of the brush their premotor cortex is activated and they will begin to accept the horse hoof to be their own. At this point you stab the horse hoof with a knife which will trigger increased activity in the anterior cingulate cortex. This part of the brain plays a big role in consciousness, pain registration, and freewill. One study used a virtual ball tossing game in which one user was purposely not tossed the ball, during this experiment their ACC lit up, meaning it is also used to register emotional pain. So even though they experience no actual physical pain and will simply pull their hand away they still experience traumatic emotional pain that they would experience during real physical distress.

hmm... yes.

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

It usually refers to the often-controversial idea that the extreme left and extreme right are strikingly similar, but I used it also to imply that rightwing Americans and rightwing Islamists have a lot in common.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
The successor of pizzagate, is "Identity evropa"

And something, is might fishy about it

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Should've been peter griffin. Still, very clever.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The Skeleton King posted:

Should've been peter griffin. Still, very clever.

genesplicer hates krusty

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

lmao

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Unbeatable combo!!

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010

perfect 5

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Blue Train posted:

genesplicer hates krusty

Oh, now I get it. Lol.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

• Locked thread