Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

If you still need a last spot I'll play.

It will probably be a fairly low key game from me as my sister is getting married next week and extended family are in town for a while. But nothing that would prevent me from checking in a few times a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Double double toil and trouble.,,

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Just let us play as a two-headed giant, bing bang boom.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Confirming~

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hey sup derp long time no see!

##vote derp

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Why do you say that?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

He certainly knows more than I do.

But if say there's a town vigilante who might lose that extra kill to scum, then there's an argument for firing it off before that can happen.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Or he was kidding

TNL get an Avatar come on this ain't amateur hour

One sec

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Admission of potential error is a town move, scum doubles down because they can never be caught out sharing bad info without being suspect

Pure opinion and not even one I agree with.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hey Magnus who we voting today?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

That works for me.

##vote Kashuno

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

I don't want to be the boy who cried scumslip but I kind of think TNL just jumped on a bandwagon without actually looking at it

Did you miss the post where I asked Magnus who we were voting for?

It's like 10 posts back.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Also since when is one vote a bandwagon?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

So it was just a joke vote with a day left to deadline?

It certainly wasn't a scum slip or bandwagon.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

If you're going to vote me then do it, there's no need to do a warm up routine.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

So it was just a joke vote with a day left to deadline?

No but really, Opop hasn't voted anybody. At least I have a vote out. Scummy, second failed attempt at trying to call my Kash vote scummy.

##vote Opop

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Magnus let's do this instead. Kashuno isn't going anywhere and besides he said it's a bad idea for town to vote him.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm getting kind of sick of being voted for not voting every drat game. Not having your vote on someone doesn't make you scum.

This just looks like TNL trying to jump out in front of me so he can yell OMGUS when I ##vote tnl though

Who's worse, someone who jokevotes a day before deadline or someone who doesn't vote at all?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

How so.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Not voting is scummy because scum don't care about who gets voted provided it's not them. Town have to make their kills happen by discussion and consensus.

This is basic game theory and also why Opop calling me scummy for voting while not voting himself is scummy. Why didn't he vote me then?

He cast around twice for a reason to escalate a suspicion on me and it took me daring him to vote me and voting him myself before he did.

The fact that he says I voted him to "beat him to it" is just support for that.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Because the person not voting can still vote for someone, and they're free to discuss people and their feelings (as I did)

The joke voter drums up votes on someone close to the deadline in a game (mafia as a whole not this particular one) where people tend to pile on apathy lynches at the 11th hour. And if they're scum, it lets them hide in plain sight

Drumming up votes before the deadline is what town players are supposed to do, it's how executions happen.

A second vote on someone one day from deadline is a far cry from an 11th hour vote.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Mr. F! posted:

Im not feeling the RF vote TNL.

I voted kash to try and see if I could get him posting a lot, and to see how others would react. Im fine unvoting him, as I dont think he reacted to my vote scummily.

##unvote

He accused me of scum slipping and jumping on a bandwagon. Just a bunch of buzzwords that don't mean anything in the context he's using them. It's scummy play, how do you accuse someone of scumslipping and then not vote them??

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah it was probably genuine annoyance because the last few times I've called him out for it he was also scum!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

See that's the distinction. I can discuss things and build consensus without voting.
Not by slandering me from the sidelines you can't. I think I've even proved it here by getting you to vote.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Well I'll unvote you if and when you can explain how my vote at all resembled a scum slip.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Since when did people get so scared of voting?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Deadlines in less than two hours. I don't think we're going to vote anyone out but maybe people will show up and prove me wrong.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

This is atrocious.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

When the information you gain is "well, that was a townie, and no one can even call the votes scummy because we were all baying for someone's blood because for some reason we love to murder," how exactly is that a benefit?

It's a benefit because I don't automatically assume I can't find scum on day 1 for no reason besides defeatism.

Yes town players get voted out on day 1. Yes on day 2 you can analyze who voted for bad or no reasons.

Anything you're saying about day 1 you could apply to a day 2 following a day 1 where nobody did anything.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I could name two or three other practical reasons for not nonlynching too (like scum having more influence on the execution when an even number of players are alive vs odd numbers).

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

We are at -2.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

For what?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I don't take it for granted that a cop will bail me out of a game where everyone otherwise does nothing.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah I think you're right, not sure why derp didn't show up in the vote count.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Still -2 then.
Opop besides me who do you think is scum.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Welp.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote Saith

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Actually ##unvote could he get a replacement instead? Having only a "confirmed PM" post is as good as any for a replacement candidate.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Maybe merk still wants to play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Replacements are bad

Replacements are good when it's legitimately someone mia rather than a "sorry I gotta duck out."

More players alive is good because it puts off lylo.

This is a dice roll execution since there's no way anyone could have an alignment impression based on 0 gameplay posts.

• Locked thread