Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Both Texas Senators and all but one Texas House Reps voted against Sandy aid

NY senators and congressmen should demand a public apology in exchange for a yes vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

my kinda ape posted:

NY senators and congressmen should demand a public apology in exchange for a yes vote.

"Myself and my colleagues will vote for your aid package when you finally show the country your true reptilian skin and you can definitively prove you're not the Zodiac Killer." - Sen Schumer D-NY

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Duke Chin posted:

"Myself and my colleagues will vote for your aid package when you finally show the country your true reptilian skin and you can definitively prove you're not the Zodiac Killer." - Sen Schumer D-NY

Texas gets Aid and we finally solve the mystery of the Zodiac Killer[Ted Cruz]

Win win.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This is the only sane current events thread on the whole goddamn forums. D&D and C-SPAM are self-radicalizing into LF territory because goons can't post without it being a competition about who's the most purely whatever the gently caress the thread is about.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If you said least insane you might be correct.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm drunk and feeling nonspecific so yeah I agree.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Fister Roboto posted:

just a reminder that this thread had a brief flirtation with worshiping a nuclear missile and it's still the least insane current events thread

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Many of us grew up under the spectre of nuclear holocaust I don't see an issue lmao

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Waroduce posted:

Many of us grew up under the spectre of nuclear holocaust I don't see an issue lmao

I still love that as soon as I got out of the military, I gave someone a ride when their car broke down. Stranger on the street, never met him before.

We talked a bit, he asked what I did, I mentioned nuclear and submarines, and he asked if I was worried about nuclear attack. I told him he has been under threat for as long as he has been alive, that our sub could destroy the entire world at any time, and he has never really known about that.

The look on his face was of sheer terror.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Smiling Jack posted:

just a reminder that this thread had a brief flirtation with worshiping a nuclear missile and it's still the least insane current events thread

It's not so strange, an all-out nuclear exchange would solve a lot of our current problems. The debt ceiling, charter schools, and universal healthcare aren't important if everyone is dead.

It's not my preferred solution, mind you...

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Flipping the board when I am losing is totally justified and counts as a tie at worst.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm drunk and feeling nonspecific so yeah I agree.

Pretty much.

In other news, allow me to introduce you to two new potential GiP heroes, Master Sergeant Guns and Dadimus Maximus.

'I think he's barbecuing': A helicopter view of the Texas flood with the California National Guard

Hero #1 is MSgt Guns.

The camera is VERY friendly to his arms and he's basically flying all over in a chopper looking for people to rescue.

Or maybe cameras to pose for. Whatever!

That's when he spots Hero #2, Dadimus Maximus, from the chopper. "He's giving a thumbs-up and taking a picture."

This guy is surrounded by water but GODDAMNIT I'M GOING TO ENJOY THIS loving DECK AND I'M GOING TO HAVE A loving BARBECUE. NO I DON'T NEED A RESCUE, I NEED SOME loving MEAT. RESCUE THE HORSE IF YOU NEED TO RESCUE SOMETHING.

It's unclear if he actually was having a barbecue, but he didn't request a rescue so it's officially canon.

:patriot:

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 2, 2017

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

To be maximum pro-tier dad he should be grilling for people he rescued

I mean that's pretty dad but it's not maximum dad

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
There's a suspicious lack of socks and sandals, IMO.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Top picture his forearm is on his leg or something that's pushing it out and making it look a little unreal.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
He should let the horse up on the deck.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

my kinda ape posted:

He should let the horse up on the deck.

Reminds me of how the Army landed their horses and pack mules in Cuba during the Spanish-American War: they pushed 'em off the troop ships and waited for them to swim ashore.

Poor ol' Freckles, joined the Rough Riders and drowned.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Smiling Jack posted:

"Brief flirtation"

True believers never waver in faith.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Smiling Jack posted:

Lol as if we ever stopped

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Nuclear hellfire cleanses believer and heretic all the same!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I'd say I'm looking forward to living in the post nuclear dystopia eating radioactive crabs but I live near Bangor so yeah I'm toast.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

I'd say I'm looking forward to living in the post nuclear dystopia eating radioactive crabs but I live near Bangor so yeah I'm toast.

Dude you are what you eat, youre going to mutate into a big rad-crab.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

orange juche posted:

Dude you are what you eat, youre going to mutate into a big rad-crab.

I guess he can take comfort in being the second most annoying thing to kill in the wastelands. First prize goes to deathclaws but I don't know what they came from to eat and turn into one.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bird food bathtub posted:

I guess he can take comfort in being the second most annoying thing to kill in the wastelands. First prize goes to deathclaws but I don't know what they came from to eat and turn into one.

Goats.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

bird food bathtub posted:

It was some sort of lizard. Chameleons I think?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Jackson's Chameleon specifically, though it's a bit different from other mutants since ~according to Fallout Lore~ they were actually created before the war as weapons and then released into the wasteland as a result of the nuclear apocalypse.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Yes. The Lore is that their genetic stock is mostly Jackson's chameleon.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
LET US ALL PRAY FOR CLEANSING FIRE IN THE NAME OF THE GREAT LIGHTBRINGER SHERMAN

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Blairsker/status/903311865966718976

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/jendeben/status/903768360407760900

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

He does know that KORUS is a deal with SOUTH Korea, right?

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

An 18 hour old tweet by an unverified nobody with less than 100 retweets isn't a current event

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

McNally posted:

He does know that KORUS is a deal with SOUTH Korea, right?

He's definitely the kind of guy who asks every Asian he meets "So are you Chinese or Japanese."

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

An 18 hour old tweet by an unverified nobody with less than 100 retweets isn't a current event

Good news! The Washington Post disagrees.

Trump plans withdrawal from South Korea trade deal
http://wapo.st/2gylx4T

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

I think it's time for my fake Twitter profile with a fake suave black political scientist with a stock photo to make an appearance in this thread.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Have you heard the good news?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Um.

https://twitter.com/WardDPatrick/status/904038749293727744

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Former director of the Tulsa Air and Space Museum and Planetarium, current Oklahoma congressman and Trump fellator Jim Bridenstine nominated as NASA head.
http://www.newsweek.com/trumps-nasa-chief-pick-jim-bridenstine-controversial-choice-658880

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYLNEFY-Gnc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Ugh...he even looks around until he's sure they're paying attention to him before he says it.

• Locked thread