Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Is it poor genetics? The answer may surprise you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
BECAUSE I WANT TO gently caress THEM AND THEY WON'T LET ME

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

N. Senada posted:

Is it poor genetics? The answer may surprise you
Because if you don't risk anything you don't win anything and all you youngins are cowards :argh:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Because they get mad that the world is changing and refuse to learn anything new.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
You guys are getting pretty close

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Pick posted:

yeah gently caress old people!

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
they just want to make you feel sorry for them, it's a scam within a scam

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

They lose their powers of suspicion as they age.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
theyre loving stupid

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

It was a simpler time; Nigerian princes used to care about people other than themselves.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Pick posted:

:yikes:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
someone claiming to be from microsoft kept calling my mom trying to get her to install and run something on her computer as a diagnostic because it was sending them error reports but when I asked what IP address the error reports were originating from they hung up on me?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
The windows scam guys stopped calling me. Now it's a robocall voice that tells me my windows license is quote, 'going to be expired'. I miss the fun chats I used to have with actual folks from New Delhi or wherever.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

dee eight posted:

The windows scam guys stopped calling me. Now it's a robocall voice that tells me my windows license is quote, 'going to be expired'. I miss the fun chats I used to have with actual folks from New Delhi or wherever.

The stupid old gently caress I hired to work night shift lasted exactly 2 shifts before ringing the number given to him in a pop up window and following the instructions of "a computer guy" to get rid of a virus.

Thanks for disabling the firewall protecting the hospitals entire network you geriatric old oval office.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Will scams stop working when we are all older, or will we just fall for new ones? Because I'm violently suspicious of essentially everyone and everything at all times due to like every 3rd phone call or email I get being a scam, so it's hard to imagine a time when I'd fall for one, but maybe that's what grandpa thought too?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

504 posted:

The stupid old gently caress I hired to work night shift lasted exactly 2 shifts before ringing the number given to him in a pop up window and following the instructions of "a computer guy" to get rid of a virus.

Thanks for disabling the firewall protecting the hospitals entire network you geriatric old oval office.

The dumb bastard doesn't read his AARP bulletin. There's a regular scam warning column in every issue.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Go ask Pat Robertson

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

FlimFlam Imam posted:

Go ask Pat Robertson

Does that dude still own a Liberian diamond mine?

He should've died before he could buy a diamond mine, the world is a gently caress

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
I think computers just break a lot of brains.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Well, first, I think the reason they're terrible with technology is because, as they age, they become unwilling to adapt to new things, not even to spend one loving minute looking for a button that's right in front of their hideous shriveled idiot faces.

I forget my second point.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
old people are loving worthless. if by some remarkable chance any of us are not worthless now, any of us who survive long enough will become so.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
You guys are going to feel embarrassed in 50 years when some scammer steals all your one-world-government credits directly from the neural storage device in your brain under the guess of fixing the display device in your retinas.

Then your kids will put you in a cryo-home because you can't be trusted anymore.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
they don't know how to use the internet op

Pick posted:

:chloe:

Colonel Walter E. Kurtz: Did they say why, Willard, why they want to terminate my command?
Captain Benjamin L. Willard: I was sent on a classified mission, sir.
Colonel Walter E. Kurtz: It's no longer classified, is it? Did they tell you?
Captain Benjamin L. Willard: They told me that you had gone totally insane, and that your methods were unsound.
Colonel Walter E. Kurtz: Are my methods unsound?
Captain Benjamin L. Willard: I don't see any method at all, sir.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I work in public transport and am reminded on a daily basis how loving stupid older people are.

I'm convinced that once you hit 60 you instantly become borderline retarded and lose the ability to read the numerous notices posted around the place that tell you the exact information you need that you are now annoying me to find out.

"Durrrrrrr, what's a timetable? I don't understand information laid out in the most simple format possible that is located in literally 6 different spots in the place that i am standing in. Suppose i better ask a grown-up since i've regressed to being an 8 year old somehow."

Older and wiser my bollix.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
GBS hates the elderly

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Your brain starts decaying once you hit 27 actually.

They were exactly like all of you once, only probably more likeable.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What's the best way to scam my dumb drunk dad out of a couple hundred grand

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

If aren't gonna put any effort in then why bother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

SeXReX posted:

someone claiming to be from microsoft kept calling my mom trying to get her to install and run something on her computer as a diagnostic because it was sending them error reports but when I asked what IP address the error reports were originating from they hung up on me?

my dad once let some random indian guy console into his laptop because they claimed to be tech support

• Locked thread