Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I had a couple pieces of candy corn last night and it was pretty good. Why does everyone hate the stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
cause it's pure sugar

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

counter point: candy corn sucks

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Over There posted:

cause it's pure sugar

So is every other candy..

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

i buy a whole bag and pick out the pumpkins

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Over There posted:

cause it's pure sugar

Youbknow were talking about candy right fucko?

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Verisimilidude posted:

counter point: candy corn sucks

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

VVV too slow, needed more sugar to keep up :smug:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
are you "rear end Wolf"?

https://twitter.com/TheRealAsswolf/status/909617803895857154

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
candy corn is good but even better are the candy pumpkins that taste exactly the same but they are pumpkins

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I like candy corn. It makes me think of Halloween and corn: two of my favorite things.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I wouldn't be caught dead saying "my dude(s)".

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

"My dude" is for white people who used to say the n word casually.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

rezatahs posted:

candy corn is good but even better are the candy pumpkins that taste exactly the same but they are pumpkins

This guy. This guy knows what's up.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I like candy corn but I haven't had any in a long time.

I think it's divisive because it's got somewhat of a weird aftertaste that you either like or hate. It's a more intense flavor than your typical candy.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
What about that weird Halloween taffy poo poo that comes in a black or orange wrapper op

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I also enjoy candy corn

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
It's just not that good either and people love to hate on things so it becomes 'fuk u op'

Back in my day everyone hated on those peanut butter wrapped kisses-things in the black and orange wax paper. Kids today!

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hpSenoXW4o&t=25s

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
It's ok in small amounts. Which is a pretty good feature for candy imo.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's really least common denominator flavor wise but the texture is rad. :munch:

My favorite is those sugar foam flying saucers with the little candy pieces inside.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Over There posted:

cause it's pure sugar

actually it's corn syrup with just enough sugar added to keep it solid

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
It's likable enough op. It's not bad but there's far superior candy to eat imo

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Halloween comes earlier every year.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
:spooky:everyday is halloween:spooky:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Because it's wax candy and it's not very good.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I've never seen candy corn being sold anywhere and i really want to try some. Does it actually taste like corn or what?

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Moon Atari posted:

I've never seen candy corn being sold anywhere and i really want to try some. Does it actually taste like corn or what?

You do not want to try any it is essentially sugar wax and it does not taste like corn
It is called "candy corn" because it resembles "Indian corn" which is a staple around the fall

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I like candy corns. I have a pretty serious sweet tooth though.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Gay Weed Dad posted:

You do not want to try any it is essentially sugar wax and it does not taste like corn
It is called "candy corn" because it resembles "Indian corn" which is a staple around the fall

this upsets me

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Verisimilidude posted:

this upsets me

Me too, that poo poo is loving gross!

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Gay Weed Dad posted:

That's a shame. That indian corn looks good though so I'll dream of trying that instead.

Once when I was a kid I bought "edible money" from a candy store. I'm pretty sure it was just rice paper with a tiny bit of sugar but I couldn't admit I made a bad choice so ate the whole drat wad.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Gay Weed Dad posted:

just lol if you wouldnt sit down and eat 2-3 ears of this poo poo straight off the cob

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
Some arent that bad. Some candy corn are bad. Stale cc is awful, it ruins the texture which is the best part.. Mello cream pumpkins are also pretty ok.
Chocolate candy corns are meh though.
The real trick is finding the optimal number to eat per season.
I find 20-22 pieces spread out evenly over the month of October is my maximum to not get sick.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

people haven't made candy corn in generations all of the candy corn being eaten today is from the same batch from 200 years ago because the factory got dragged back to hell where it came from

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Moon Atari posted:

That's a shame. That indian corn looks good though so I'll dream of trying that instead.

Once when I was a kid I bought "edible money" from a candy store. I'm pretty sure it was just rice paper with a tiny bit of sugar but I couldn't admit I made a bad choice so ate the whole drat wad.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Indian corn is ornamental :( I have had "gelt" which are chocolate coins Jews eat around Hanukkah so maybe this will be a good fit for you

poverty goat posted:

just lol if you wouldnt sit down and eat 2-3 ears of this poo poo straight off the cob

As Lewis Black famously said, I trick myself into thinking it'll be okay every few years and I can never bare to eat more than a piece.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I had a couple pieces of candy corn last night and it was pretty good. Why does everyone hate the stuff?

Yeah it's okay for a few pieces but it is just filler in your bag of Halloween candy and that sucks.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

COMRADES posted:

Yeah it's okay for a few pieces but it is just filler in your bag of Halloween candy and that sucks.

nowhere near as bad as smarties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

poverty goat posted:

nowhere near as bad as smarties

I would eat a thousand smarties before I had to eat a single candy corn

• Locked thread