Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farg
Nov 19, 2013
what are the best owns ever? many will follow few will remain.

i humbly sumbit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3CJNXyDUp0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ORCIEqgbWo

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
"Sorry about your thread, OP"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

how many eggs did smash mouth eat?

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
https://i.imgur.com/JxE1Lm9.gifv

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hardly any, because guy fieri made them all but inedible (as is his specialty)

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

https://storify.com/Arr/roasting-jon-s-french-stewart-rear end-shoes

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/SpringsDSA/status/905813496809480193

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

apparently there is a website devoted to making fun of FYAD's old admin's shoes.

Trump.mp4
Feb 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPjUsu2-QMQ

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Sultan Mehmed IV to the Zaporozhian Cossacks:

As the Sultan; son of Muhammad; brother of the sun and moon; grandson and viceroy of God; ruler of the kingdoms of Macedonia, Babylon, Jerusalem, Upper and Lower Egypt; emperor of emperors; sovereign of sovereigns; extraordinary knight, never defeated; steadfast guardian of the tomb of Jesus Christ; trustee chosen by God Himself; the hope and comfort of Muslims; confounder and great defender of Christians - I command you, the Zaporogian Cossacks, to submit to me voluntarily and without any resistance, and to desist from troubling me with your attacks.

--Turkish Sultan Mehmed IV

Reply:

Zaporozhian Cossacks to the Turkish Sultan!

O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are thou, that canst not slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil shits, and your army eats. Thou shalt not, thou son of a whore, make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, gently caress thy mother.

Thou Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw thine own mother!

So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

- Koshovyi otaman Ivan Sirko, with the whole Zaporozhian Host.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
so you work from home op?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

this is great

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
A laconic phrase may be used for efficiency (as in military jargon), for philosophical reasons (especially among thinkers who believe in minimalism, such as Stoics), or to better deflate a pompous individual (a famous example being at the Battle of Thermopylae).

One prominent example involves Philip II of Macedon, who after invading southern Greece and receiving the submission of other key city-states, sent a message to Sparta:

You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city.[3]

The Spartan ephors replied with a single word:

If.

Subsequently, neither Philip nor his son Alexander the Great attempted to capture the city. Philip is also recorded as approaching Sparta on another (?) occasion and asking whether he should come as friend or foe; the reply was "Neither"

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Subsequently, neither Philip nor his son Alexander the Great attempted to capture the city. Philip is also recorded as approaching Sparta on another (?) occasion and asking whether he should come as friend or foe; the reply was "Neither"

This is it, the greatest own

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
lol bill oreilly gets so owned

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Whooping Crabs posted:

As the Sultan; son of Muhammad; brother of the sun and moon; grandson and viceroy of God; ruler of the kingdoms of Macedonia, Babylon, Jerusalem, Upper and Lower Egypt; emperor of emperors; sovereign of sovereigns; extraordinary knight, never defeated; steadfast guardian of the tomb of Jesus Christ; trustee chosen by God Himself; the hope and comfort of Muslims; confounder and great defender of Christians - I command you, the Zaporogian Cossacks, to submit to me voluntarily and without any resistance, and to desist from troubling me with your attacks.

Reply:

O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are thou, that canst not slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil shits, and your army eats. Thou shalt not, thou son of a whore, make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, gently caress thy mother.

Thou Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw thine own mother!

So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

this one loving rules too

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

gary oldmans diary posted:

lol bill oreilly gets so owned

He mad

Aryu Kiddimeh
Nov 9, 2012

ikanreed posted:

"Sorry about your thread, OP"

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

https://storify.com/Arr/roasting-jon-s-french-stewart-rear end-shoes

quote:

@fart shoes look like the guy from the offspring and peg bundy went through the teleporter from The Fly

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Infrateal posted:

in world war I primitive tanks carried bundles of sticks on the front of their hulls which they dropped into trenches so they could cross them and the term for these objects is "fascines" but they could also be termed "enormous faggots" and basically if a wwI tank ever goes to mars and needs to cross the Valles Marineris it should strap heebie-gbs to the front of its hull

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

youll never sustain a sicker burn than the insane + brutal carpet-borne friction from backpedalling after the worm turned on your fucker moron hotdog altriusm. your legs flailed in ever gayer circles fred flintstone style as you raced from the lego den to the computer room to let people know that your self appointed ambassadorial duties plus the time and money you spent trying to take more professional photographs of ersatz retard hotdogs were all part of your incredible joke. you cannot save face or be even remotely not gay.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

this one loving rules too

agreed

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
When General Anime met Krusty at Nakatomi Plaza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-NiZanmB5c

Jedah fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Sep 25, 2017

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

lmao

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jedah posted:

When General Anime met Krusty at Nakatomi Plaza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-NiZanmB5c

What. The. gently caress.

Fyad fanvids

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

BluesShaman posted:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

youll never sustain a sicker burn than the insane + brutal carpet-borne friction from backpedalling after the worm turned on your fucker moron hotdog altriusm. your legs flailed in ever gayer circles fred flintstone style as you raced from the lego den to the computer room to let people know that your self appointed ambassadorial duties plus the time and money you spent trying to take more professional photographs of ersatz retard hotdogs were all part of your incredible joke. you cannot save face or be even remotely not gay.

After all the posting, oh so much posting, this one comment announced that it was all officially over and everyone should go home that there was nothing to see here.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

guy fieri and that shark mascot owned jon docevil hendren clean off the forums

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

This is excellent but

Whooping Crabs posted:

Reply:

lol at the ur mom jokes and also we don't own a calendar

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

that entire thread was loving legendary

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
https://youtube.com/watch?v=_X6VoFBCE9k

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
"Sic semper tyrannis!"

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i saw a yellow ferrari once

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3578905

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

that entire thread was loving legendary

Two great posters who- wouldn't you know it- don't post here anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Whatever that nerdy black guy said/did to make the other guys hoot and holler all around him in that one GIF.

• Locked thread