Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Trump might be the president but Clinton won the popular vote. The Silent majority avs don't make any sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
a compelling and logistically sound point that I am sure will result in a minor lexicological correction and no rhetorical fallout whatsoever, thank you op

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

and yet more people voted for hillary clinton. makes you think

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

durr what is gerrymandering - Blue Train 2017

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Im not really comfortable with the thread OP... did you mean to post something about a tv show, or a food, instead?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they're actually a shrill and vocal minority, OP

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I want the person who buys the silent majority avs to reveal themselves and admit they are wrong

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
The Silent Majority are those who supported the Vietnam War. They still vote.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
I thought it means the silent majority on sa.com, and people just don't speak up because being harassed or gang piled for wrong think isn't fun.

A lovely Reporter posted:

Please don't respond to 8-Bit Scholar, akma, Azhais, BetterToRuleInHell (an MIGF rereg who also uses the alt accounts ThisIsWhyTrumpWon and ISeeCuckedPeople), boner confessor (a rereg of Popular Thug Drink), Calibanibal, Caros, Cingulate, cravius, Darth Windu (or his rereg JailTrump), Dead Reckoning, Dmitri-9, INITIALCUMOFFERING, John Henry Miller, Kale, Kekekela, KillHour, Leon Trotsky 2012, Mnoba, namaste faggots, PainterofCrap, PCOSBill, pkay, Race Realists, Sinteres, smoke something bitch, terrorist ambulance, The Kingfish, or ThisIsJohnWayne (probably MIGF). They are posting in bad faith, and some are outright bigots.

Leon Trotsky 2012 used to be an okay poster, but more and more frequently posts awful things to get a reaction out of people. Don't fall for it.

:siren:Please report awful, bigoted, or bad-faith posters whenever possible.:siren:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Jose posted:

and yet more people voted for hillary clinton. makes you think

Tyranny of the vocal majority

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Lol that scott walker is real america

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Blue Train posted:

Lol that scott walker is real america

scott walker is a retard

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

legend:
blue: 100-68000 people per square mile
red: other

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

So... the true Silent Majority is not the people of America, who generally lean blue, but the very land itself.

Makes sense. America definitely has a lot more empty space than it has people to fill it, and I haven't heard the soil voice its political beliefs before.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

what even is the point of US counties

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Yeah gently caress farmers and miners and people who don't live in the city. *Loses huge election* WHAT

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i blame nixon

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
The silent majority refers to america's retards and is very real.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Jose posted:

e pluribus unum

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

OMFG FURRY posted:

i blame nixon

his foundation recently defended itself against the terrible slander of ken burns documentary lol

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jose posted:

Determines representatives in the House so that more populated states are sufficiently represented. Less populous states get the Senate where everyone gets 2 Senators regardless if you are CA or Rhode Island. Together, they get somewhat equal say. Or at least that's the logic behind it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this is a loving terrible chart

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Jose posted:

scott walker is a retard

Mega agreedo

Jose posted:

They delineate school districts voting districts etc then counties have sheriff's and individual city police. it goes city county state as far as administration

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

The America-hating elites are depicted looking down on the country from atop their literal towers. A Good Graph

COMRADES posted:

Determines representatives in the House so that more populated states are sufficiently represented. Less populous states get the Senate where everyone gets 2 Senators regardless if you are CA or Rhode Island. Or at least that's the logic behind it.

what

Counties have nothing to do with Congressional representation, states get to draw their counties however they like and population has nothing to do with it. They're just an organizational unit to make local services easier to manage.

the holy poopacy fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 26, 2017

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
imo what is hosed is that all those blue areas have crazy cost of living so poor people are being shunted out of the supposedly "leftist" areas.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
oh great another lol Trump's fine thread

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its probably snatch duster who is on a month probe but i'd like the silent majority av buyer to state whether its about goons or they're just dumb because clinton won the popular vote

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

no and i'll close the thread if it turns into that

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

has anything in sa.com history spawned more qqcs or gbs call out threads? man, the magatar buyer has gotten his money worth.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Terrific Accident posted:

Yeah gently caress farmers and miners and people who don't live in the city. *Loses huge election* WHAT

Agreed OP. We should let the hyper liberal art majors of California and NY State decide all elections and major ballot issues form here on out. It's not like the Electoral College is written into the goddamn Constitution or anything, right?!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

gaze upon the strings by which you are puppeted, whoever this sentence would offend most

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

Jose posted:

this is a loving terrible chart

It is actually a bit poo poo. The 3d-rotatable version is a bit clearer but can't be embedded https://blueshift.io/election-2016-county-map.html

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

I love you.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Mnoba posted:

has anything in sa.com history spawned more qqcs or gbs call out threads? man, the magatar buyer has gotten his money worth.

i'd also like to know why you have a really detailed silent majority av and some are really poo poo

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
You got a bunch of dumb hippies dropping acid and protesting the draft while the rest of us are sacrificing the lives of the those drafted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Cubone posted:

gaze upon the strings by which you are puppeted, whoever this sentence would offend most

• Locked thread