Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i think i have time to play this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jamuraan posted:

Actual scum post, trying too hard to fit in

Says the guy who just bombed the thread.

Leaning qpq

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I was going to apologize for not being able to post at all today but rereading the thread I think that was the best contribution so far.

I think what skeeves me out about QPQ is that their pattern of posting looks like this:

1) shitpost
2) vague questioning of any serious posts
3) casual dismissal
4) more shitposting

it's the token effort of content without any actual followthrough. ##vote quidproquo

i am working almost constantly this week apparently but i will do my best to post during downtime. or maybe a truck will hit me and i'll die and i won't have to be alive anymore in which case i won't post anymore. we can only hope.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

gif Probst posted:

somb is my friend here in this room. outside of this room though i would strike him with a rock at the same speed of the flit of a hummingbird's flap

If you think the producers will let you kill America's fan favorite, you are sorely mistaken.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

PMush Perfect posted:

Good thing I'm immortal. :sparkles:

Were you in the last season of survivor? I can't quite remember.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
anyway, hey, vote qpq. or don't, but vote someone.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the eternal question, scum or dumb

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Pmush I never said the shitposring itself was scummy, reread that.

Qpq 'why' is vague questioning, yes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Pmush i'm like 60% sure you're actually some kind of chatbot as that'd make more sense than your case. You weren't faking engagement when qpq was, you were just actively unhelpful. Totally different.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jamuraan posted:

Then it's probably one or the other. Choose wisely.

Nice chain lynch! You idiot! You fucker!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

How is that a chain lynch?? It's flipless.

Wait really? I thought you hated flipless games.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Deadline is right when I get off work so that's probably it for me. I'm vt good luck dummies.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

QuoProQuid posted:

When people start making serious votes against other players, I generally find it helpful to understand the reasoning behind that because a.) it helps me understand the other player's train of thought; and b.) scum generally find it more difficult to create cases than a town player.

I'm not really digging that your first case in the game fabricates intention that was not there and distorts a lot of shitposting to be scummy.

It was a cursory effort at best with no follow through.

Okay I have to actually work bye gl.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

QuoProQuid posted:

Also, he seems like a dick

Well even a broken clock is right sometimes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Qpq's notes are textually incorrect. At best you could say he has an argument for why my case is bad, but not why it is scummy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Also gif that is the gambler's fallacy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm finding it very difficult to ascertain a useful motivation in killing pmush so i'm not going to think about it too hard.

honestly i'm a little puzzled that i wasn't hammered and that gif went so easy. i'm stuck for leads though. really i didn't even feel especially confident about qpq yesterday, it was just the only thing happening.

something about flerp continually castigating herself for not being around at deadline feels insincere. i mean, we dunked.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I hope gif was scum. The way he checked out and threw a vote on Jam makes me think he was bad.

Knowing that PMush was town, her opinions on me and somber were genuine. That's still not much to go on, and I have a strong town read on Somber this game.

If gif was scum with QPQ he definitely wouldn't have dropped the hammer, so I have a hunch the rift between QPQ and Somber was just two towns going after each other.

Still, that all depends on gif being scum, which we don't know. I'm really hoping someone gets a solid night action result because without flips this game is a pain in the rear end to figure out.

this post seems to imply that tobbs knows jam is good, which is knowledge only scum would possess.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
between tobbs and qpq i think you can probably guess where i come down. tobbs had a good response to my earlier point too. i'm not super gung-ho to dunk qpq here though, it's not too hard to imagine that being a town/town discussion.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote asiina something about asiina has been bugging me this game but i haven't had a good reason to go on so this works.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
alright, alright you convinced me ##vote jamuraan

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
this thread fell to page 2 for me and i missed it!

yeah, i think asiina called it exactly, i wasn't under pressure d2 so i didn't care as much. also i was completely neglecting my job when i attempted to post at deadline d1 and i didn't want to do it again. this week has been nuts.

my initial reaction is that, yeah, qpq is scum. that fits with my initial impression and it's easier to go along with the thread consensus.

i typed up an asiina case here but i'm kind of talking myself out of it. will reread the day.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i meant tobbs re: who called it, not asiina sorry.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
it feels likely to assume that we are at lylo but if we allow fear to inform our decisions we will probably make bad ones.

either we've got at least one scum or the scum team is two of asiina/flerp/tobbs in which case we're hosed anyway because none of those will happen.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
my #1 lynch pick is qpq, my #2 is asiina. can i get similar reads from those who haven't voiced their secondary picks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote qpq sorry man

• Locked thread