Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm here to post more than anyone else, mostly about how much I like my room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

gif Probst posted:

if you love your room so much why do you maintain an existence of trying to get as far away from it as possible

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Jamuraan posted:

Side bet on who posts more?

Yesssssssss

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I think we should all vote asiina now

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

huy?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

Why, bye, fly guy.

##vote Hal

well that's just not cool

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

who is bad guys???????

Asiina and PMush so far

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Says the guy who just bombed the thread.

Leaning qpq

Hey man he has to win a bet

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

my screen name is scumbo69

Mine was flerp

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

What did you change it to

Gnobbs Tawed

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

There is a mysterious puddle on the floor here

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

##vote Hal

Bets are sacred. And so is symmetry.

Is this a serious vote (which your next post implies)

I don’t like it one bit

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

i mean he was already at -3? was he not already under the spotlight?

I really don't like it because this is a small game AND it's late in the day so putting someone at -2 for seemingly no reason and shifting momentum to me is a pretty serious move. Since the other two votes on me were joke votes (I believe) and Tobbs himself had no reasoning it makes me very suspicious of both him and QPQ since it looks like he wants to shift the momentum off him. His response to my question didn't make me feel any better. ##vote Tobbs Gnawed

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I like votefinders version frankly

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I've had a very terrible day, but I'm here now and should remain here more or less until deadline.

Awwwww

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’ve called Somber scum for being aggressive out of the gate when he was town a couple times and I’ve thought shitpostong probst was town a few times when he turned out to be scum so I’m inclined to vote probst in that dichotomy

However unlike some I am not all that moved by Tobbs more recent posting so I’m still most suspicious of him

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah QPQ seems alright to me in retrospect, doesn't entirely clear Tobbs but it's a point in his favor

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

QuoProQuid posted:

Yeah, gently caress it.

##vote: Somb

whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

whoaaaaa what?

I did not love that vote

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I did not love that vote

or even like it really

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I do not like that Quids case is that somber was not acting in good faith because he presumed some intent that wasn't there. Mafia is all about presuming intent and I don't see how Quid has made a case that somber was faking his read

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

QuoProQuid posted:

Also, he seems like a dick

Hahaha the ultimate reason to vote

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

but im def here until an hour before deadline

I'm ready to learn, tutor me!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

id like gif to show up and say something tbh

##vote gif probst

now he should show up

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

QuoProQuid posted:

Somb's case moves from:

to:

to

To say nothing of the incredibly shrinking standards (e.g. dropping the "casual dismissal" and caveating the "vague questioning of any serious posts), one of the "why" posts does not get a follow-up because it was never seriously answered (1) and the other does get followed up, because it is done in response to Somb's own case against me (2).

It's a sample size of two, one of which is answered hours after it is made.

Hmmm I do see your point, those footnotes really brought it all into focus for me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

im having the same feeling idk why :(

Probably because I’m actually trying to play mafia

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

After sleeping on it I feel better about QPQ and a little worse about Somber

I think we went the right way with gif though, in retrospect he seems even scummier

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I need to go read those quotes in context, but that doesn't look like a strong case from QPQ and I agree with Tobbs. I disagree with his original point that in a small game not all opinions should come with a vote, but I don't think it's inherently a scummy opinion or that Tobbs contradicted himself.

I'll look into it more closely tomorrow, but that case makes me feel iffy about QPQ.

That was my take on it too. Tobbs points in his response are all solid as well.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I was looking back to see if maybe PMush was killed because scum suspected her of breadcrumbing something?

It would be hidden amongst the early shitposts I think. I'm not seeing anything though, other than pog being pgo but there isn't a pgo in this game so :iiam: None of those make me go "yes this person was breadcrumbing jailer/backup/cop/doc/tracker"

Yeah pretty sure none of that was a breadcrumb

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m going to be driving for the next few hours but I’m going to be here on and off

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Out of the two with votes I’d prefer Quid at this point

However I feel like ##vote Jamuraan is the best vote today

He made a point of looking super active yesterday but I don’t like how he settled on Somber and then today he’s not done anything

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

ok lets loving solve this

Yeah!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah I really want Jam to post before hammer but I’m definitely good with him or QPQ

Jam came in strong in the sense that her posted a lot but the vast majority was fluff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

You did nothing day 1 and you've done nothing this day either, but sure, pick on someone who hasn't posted today.

That’s completely untrue

• Locked thread