Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
Some people think taking photos of other people in public is tantamount to rape or something and feel really offended that other people on the internet are oogling their bodies. Should we be locking up every man who takes a photo of a hot girl out in public and put him on a sex offender registry so he never harms another female again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

taking pictures of your mom should be illegal.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Magius1337est posted:

Some people think taking photos of other people in public is tantamount to rape or something and feel really offended that other people on the internet are oogling their bodies. Should we be locking up every man who takes a photo of a hot girl out in public and put him on a sex offender registry so he never harms another female again?

:females:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Magius1337est posted:

Yes

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
I want to criminalize every 15 year old boy who takes a photo of a girl in class and treat him like a pedophile caught molesting a kid.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Magius1337est posted:

I want to criminalize every 15 year old boy who takes a photo of a girl in class and treat him like a pedophile caught molesting a kid.

This but unironically. It'll save a lot of time in the future when they inevitably assault a woman.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

This but unironically. It'll save a lot of time in the future when they inevitably assault a woman.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Magius1337est posted:

It's a safety precaution. Like, you know that poo poo steals the souls of people you photograph anyway.

E: Ban people watching as well, you're just raping people with your eyes

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

being a peeping tom is already illegal op

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Uh I'll have you know that I'm paparazzi tyvm

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Pretty sure that trying to get upskirt photos is already illegal?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Weird to see the OP post a honeypot thread and immediately fall into it in the same post, but very impressive work.

SuperiorColliculus
Oct 31, 2011

Here's a hot take: being a creeper is bad.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

Weird to see the OP post a honeypot thread and immediately fall into it in the same post, but very impressive work.

:2017:

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Hope you like being sued for making selfies.

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

Blue Raider posted:

being a peeping tom is already illegal op

ya but I want to criminalize people for daring to look at my rear end in public

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

your face your rear end whats the difference

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
That sounds like a really good idea OP.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
sell shoes with cameras in the toes and when you put them on, they turn in house arrest anklets. :grin:

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
There is no expectation of privacy in public!

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes but also make sex for hire legal using the nordic model along with a massive public education campaign to de-stigmatize sex in general in a healthy way.

I think the root cause of most of the sexual harassment/dysfunction in USA (and other places) is simply due to people falling into a hosed up vicious cycle of not getting laid, not being able to get laid because they haven't been laid, becoming isolated from their preferred gender and developing odd psychosis around sex, etc.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Magius1337est posted:

ya but I want to criminalize people for daring to look at my rear end in public

I doubt they're doing it for sexual reasons.

They're probably trying to figure out the physics behind ostensibly human flesh moving in ways and in amounts that defy current physical models.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
Yes, I value privacy more than I value your choice of pervy masturbation material.

Beard Dandruff fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 18, 2017

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

here.

soy posted:

Yes but also make sex for hire legal using the nordic model along with a massive public education campaign to de-stigmatize sex in general in a healthy way.

I think the root cause of most of the sexual harassment/dysfunction in USA (and other places) is simply due to people falling into a hosed up vicious cycle of not getting laid, not being able to get laid because they haven't been laid, becoming isolated from their preferred gender and developing odd psychosis around sex, etc.

I'm isolated and haven't been laid since 2007, yet I have no desire to hide cameras in women's restrooms or changing rooms. Guess I'm just weird.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Idk it’s like when a chick is making eye contact I’m all like, “yo, my dicks down here” :boom:

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
Yes thats loving disgusting. Is that not obvious to you op?

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

soy posted:

Why would you make buying sex illegal?

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

morally adept posted:

Yes, I value privacy more than I value your choice of pervy masturbation material.

But you're in public.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Those TSA guys see naked chicks all day! What a life.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

here.

Magius1337est posted:

Well you end up funding human traffickers for one.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Just put a mirror under your shoelaces like the rest of us OP. AINT NO LAW AGAINST REFLECTIONS!:argh:

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
lmao. This looks like a good hill to die on OP. keep fighting the good fight for guys who just want to take pictures of strangers so they can post them online for a little JO action with their reddit bros.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As soon as technology is cheap enough I intent to record 360 4k 120FPS video of everything around me 24/7 for archival purposes. Those images are legally mine and I can do with them as I please. Eventually technology will allow the camera to be concealed and impossible to detect so establishments wont even be able to stop it without extensive searches before entry.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Magius1337est posted:

I'm saying make it legal, regulate it.

Right now for the most part it's illegal in USA and as a result the workers have an extreme lack of resources available to them, are stigmatized in society. It's a bad situation.

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

morally adept posted:

Well you end up funding human traffickers for one.

But if it's legal you'd only be able to purchase it from legal citizens.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26T7NSWtSts

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Magius1337est posted:

But if it's legal you'd only be able to purchase it from legal citizens.
What

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

he’s saying even if being a hooker was legal you still couldnt gently caress illegal alien hookers

weird thing to say really but probably technically correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

We shouldn't make it illegal, because as someone else pointed out there is no expectation of privacy in public. The government and businesses are constantly recording all around us, in stores, on street corners, from space. Basically everything is being taped at all times. So no we can't make it illegal, nor should we. We would get into yet another situation with unequal enforcement of the law. That said, we should as a society still put pressure on people to not take pictures that are considered to be sensitive, even if they have the legal right to do so by shaming them, calling them out, etc. That's my "hot take".

• Locked thread